Ouya can't install OTA update. CWM Recovery

Search This thread

ucenna

May 9, 2012
So I'm having a bit of a problem installing the OTA update for my ouya. The ouya will download it fine, but when it comes to installing and rebooting, it just doesn't work. Now I have CWM Recovery installed, and I've heard that there's a setting on it that prevents unsigned updates from succeeding. Anywho I'm pretty sure that that's my problem. Or at least something related to it is. So I was going to try and fix it. I opened up CWM and ran into my second problem. This: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2369317
Now I've tried to get to ouya's recovery multiple times (using alt+prtscrn/sysreq+i) but each time I do it I get sent to the messed up cwm recovery. What should I do?

Note:
It's worth mentioning that my micro-usb port is shot so, anything involving plugging it into the computer (unless I can reroute through the regular usb port) is out of the question.

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
You should be able to flash the stock recovery (and whole stock image) over ADB TCP. If you have USB (or general) debugging enabled, then you can just do adb connect <your Ouya's IP address here> and then you can do any "normal" adb stuff over your network.

PHYSC-1

Aug 11, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10+
So I'm having a bit of a problem installing the OTA update for my ouya. The ouya will download it fine, but when it comes to installing and rebooting, it just doesn't work. Now I have CWM Recovery installed, and I've heard that there's a setting on it that prevents unsigned updates from succeeding. Anywho I'm pretty sure that that's my problem. Or at least something related to it is. So I was going to try and fix it. I opened up CWM and ran into my second problem. This: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2369317
Now I've tried to get to ouya's recovery multiple times (using alt+prtscrn/sysreq+i) but each time I do it I get sent to the messed up cwm recovery. What should I do?

Note:
It's worth mentioning that my micro-usb port is shot so, anything involving plugging it into the computer (unless I can reroute through the regular usb port) is out of the question.
Remove any usb hub you can keep the cable for micro usb in,but plug only a usb keyboard into the full size usb port ,now wait for the ouya to boot back to the main screen allow the update if you can get into th main ouya home screen,and then on uupdating it sends you back to clockworkmod recovery keep the down arrow held on on the keyboard whilst it goes into recovery as soon as it ggoes to yes there will be 2 options yes/no as soon as it goes to yes hit enter really quick it will update and then upgrade and do the rest for yyou,you should be back to upgraded ouya main home screen then.

I just did this but be warned i had my xbmc perfect now all the time to add addons it has gone and removed the frame around all of the home screen buttons in xbmc,anyone know what i can do to fix this please?