Samsung WatchON (by Peel) for Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition - FINAL EDIT

Search This thread

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
This thread is no longer needed. As of May 20, 2014, Peel has released their version of the Smart remote for most phones. It shows up in the Play Store for the Galaxy S4 GPE.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.peel.app

If you cannot download this app or any other preferred app, use the following URL:
http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

Background:

Sometime shortly after the release of Android 4.3 (not 4.4), Peel stopped supporting our GPe model with this app. I've emailed them repeatedly, but their customer support is...challenged. Literally all they will do is email you back and suggest that you email their customer support... So now we need to take it upon ourselves to ensure that this useful app works on our device. I will use this thread to maintain current working versions for our device.

Samsung WatchOn (Galaxy S4):
-Samsung WatchON 6.4.4 - supplied and hosted by jaykresge
-Samsung WatchON 6.4.2 - supplied and hosted by jaykresge
-Samsung WatchON 6.2.6 - supplied and hosted by dong2007

Samsung WatchOn (Galaxy S5):
-Samsung WatchON 1.2.00.92 - supplied and hosted by jaykresge

Ongoing Request:

If at anytime the Play Store version is newer than what we have available for side loading, I request that someone with a supported Touchwiz variant of the Galaxy S4 download and extract the APK and PM me a link. After I verify that it works on the S4 GPE, I will post a download link for other users, giving credit to the person who extracted it.

Last edited:

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
Finished testing 6.4.2. It works and is now uploaded.

Of note is that it has a new UI that matches Touchwiz on the S4. Interface is also smoother and more responsive. Old version will be left up for those who prefer the older UI. However, it is my intent to maintain older releases anyway.

xtzi

Dec 14, 2013
z

The watch-on app had a great update that supports Air-Conditioner remotes (AC) But with the Galaxy S5 version, the AC is gone, any way to fix it, or they just removed it?

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
The watch-on app had a great update that supports Air-Conditioner remotes (AC) But with the Galaxy S5 version, the AC is gone, any way to fix it, or they just removed it?

You'll have to ask that on the Galaxy S5 forums. This is a Galaxy S4 thread on a Galaxy S4 forum. I only posted a link to the Galaxy S5 version as a reference (so users here don't search "Samsung WatchON" on Google Play, find the S5 version, and tell me that my links are outdated).

If we find that the S5 version works on the S4, I'll check into that for you in the future. But for now, best to post your question on the S5 forums.

Reactions: bpk1337

xtzi

Dec 14, 2013
You'll have to ask that on the Galaxy S5 forums. This is a Galaxy S4 thread on a Galaxy S4 forum. I only posted a link to the Galaxy S5 version as a reference (so users here don't search "Samsung WatchON" on Google Play, find the S5 version, and tell me that my links are outdated).

If we find that the S5 version works on the S4, I'll check into that for you in the future. But for now, best to post your question on the S5 forums.
I have an S4 I9505 and I have the S5 WatchON because I flashed a rom which included some note-3 or S5 apps (not sure).
The S5 WatchON has a new changed UI but it doesn't have the same features as the old watchON and I just wondered why did they remove the AC remote feature.

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
I have an S4 I9505 and I have the S5 WatchON because I flashed a rom which included some note-3 or S5 apps (not sure).
The S5 WatchON has a new changed UI but it doesn't have the same features as the old watchON and I just wondered why did they remove the AC remote feature.

That's something that you'll have to ask the developer. Forgive me for not being able to help with this.

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
Added the S5 version as a download. Please note that I had constant force closes when attempting to use it on the S4 Google Play Edition.

It seems the S4 version is no longer on Google Play. Can anyone else confirm? My link is dead and it's no longer listed under Peel's apps. However, Peel's website is now showing a smart remote app for a phone, which I'm aware of them having in development for awhile now. It's still unreleased at the moment.

sgtd

Jun 13, 2010
ok, this is weird. when i first saw this post, the samsung app store showed 5/19 for the release date of version 14032701.2.00.92. now it is showing 5/29 (2 days ago) --- for the same version number?!? is there a new version, or not?

i'm on the verizon galaxy note 3. the s5-friendly variant of watchon (which i prefer) isn't available in any stores and neither is the official peel smart remote. :grr:

thanks also... i was able to use the apk in the op and it worked, just trying to keep it current. someday it will be available to all. :mad:

sgtd

Jun 13, 2010
14052201.2.01.14 (Jun 4, 2014) is out now. does anyone have the apk? the evozi site isn't downloading this version.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I can't download this on my device. Anyway you could still hook me up with that apk?

Which device do you have?

Use this URL, which I've edited into the OP.
    http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/