[Q] Auto Rotate not working?

Search This thread

Jaybot

Jun 19, 2010
Hi all, I just noticed that my auto rotate isn't working anymore. I was using a custom rom, but reverted back to stock just to make sure everything would be alright, but it still isn't working on my stock rom. I downloaded "Phone Tester" from the app store, and when I check to see if it's working, it says that my device has no accelerator, compass, light sensor, etc...

What's going on here? It was working fine a couple of days ago.

Edit, when I go to the Phone Tester app, it says that I don't have:

- Accelerometer
- Compass
- Magnetic Field Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Light Sensor
- Gyroscope
- Pressure Sensor
- Humidity Sensor

Last edited:

neriamarillo

May 14, 2013
Miami, FL
Having your same issue. It worked once when I flashed a new rom but then I rebooted and it stopped working. I went back to stock but that didn't help either.

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
I remember soon after the N5 was launched there was a barometer app that was crashing all of the sensors. Maybe this is still an issue?

farsight73

Dec 29, 2010
Selangor
I remember soon after the N5 was launched there was a barometer app that was crashing all of the sensors. Maybe this is still an issue?

I have barometer installed and working since day 1 I bought the phone.. I would assume the OP problem is an isolated issue that somehow crashed all the sensors.

Most possibility is factory hardware defect.. or .. somehow the phone was at affected by strong magnatic/radiation field area that caused those sensors broken.

neriamarillo

May 14, 2013
Miami, FL
So I figured something out today. I flashed the stock image for 4.4, (not 4.4.2 like i had previously), and everything works perfectly fine! Now if I take the OTA for 4.4.2 it stops working once again. So now I have no idea what to do lol since I know its not necessarily a hardware issue but more of a software issue. Another thing is while on 4.4.2 if I open GPS Status & Toolbox app to check the GPS or sensors the phone soft reboots but the app never opens. :(

neriamarillo

May 14, 2013
Miami, FL
This is definitively a software issue somewhere. Its been working perfectly fine all day on stock 4.4
I will try and see if I can find what's changing or getting updated when you do the update to 4.4.2.