[Q] Upgrade from ICS 4.0.3 V10B to Mokee 4.4.2

Search This thread

rcalpha

Feb 24, 2014
Hi all...

I have LG P880 with ICS 4.0.3 V10B (from Panama). I know that there is no official Stock JB for my device country. I want to upgrade to 4.4.2 using Mokee ROM (or any other ROM), to solve some issues that I'm having, such as battery and CPU high usage with few apps.

I was reading a lot from this forum and some other place too and I find many confusing and some time contradictory information, and I want to know If the following procedure is correct. This is my first time that I do this. As I have read, I have to backup everything, and I have to do a wipe data, cache and system, also fully charged

1- Upgrade to V20B Europe Open using the software KDZ_FW_UPD_EN with type 3GQC and Diag in Phone Mode, using the kdz V20B_00.kdz from lg-phone-firmware.com

In this step, I have read that I sholud use V20A not V20B, is it ? I could not find V20A Europe because of broken link. I found an Europe V20A but ending in dz (with a dll) instead of kdz

2) Once upgraded. I should do the "Official bootloader unlock procedure from LG" from this forum to unlock the bootloaded. Seems that this will wipe everytihing.

3) I have to root JB using "Root method for v20a (and probably later) firmware" from this forum

4) Install ClockWorkMod. I found several ways:
a) Using the guide "[JB][412][CWM] ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.8 (FREEDOM for EUR-xxx)" from this forum
b) Installing (after unchecking signed requirement) LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery-v1.2.apk also from this forum
c) Same as A but using the file recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.5-p880.img

Which of above is correct ?

4) Upgrade ClockWorkMod using CWM_Touch_6.0.4.5.zip (If I don't do the procedure 4c)

5) I do a complete wipe of data, cache and system

6) Upgrade ROM with MK44.2-p880-140221-RELEASE.zip
7) Upgrade gapps-kk-20140105-signed,zip

8) Restore SMS and Data.
9) Reinstall apps

Thanks anyone who can guide me

Aug 4, 2012
hello, i am from panama too, well V20A and V20B are the 2 JB 4.1.2 just are different regions or patchs

Last edited:

IcanhasLG

Feb 27, 2014
4. Install recovery from official cwm page.
Otherwise your procedure seems fine. Just follow the tutorials

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk

6.0.4.5 is the latest touch recovery available from the official CWM page but you can use TWRP or even use the builder to compile your own version, i thing i'll try to add the charger to both of those, it's not like there isn't enough room to prop the recovery partition shock full with loads of other goodies.