flashing stock firmware and ROM

Search This thread

chemotkbilo

Apr 20, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I am a new Android User, switched from Blackberry (had to use it for work for many reasons, employer requirement) . i have searched the forum for possible existing answer, could not find any.

i have just bought G2 At&t (D800) version from a previous owner, and it is unlocked by the previous owner. i have already rooted my device with custom recovery, it is Stock ROM 4.2.2 and software version 10o

my main two questions,
Q1 : if i flashed and upgraded to 4.4.2 using either D80220a - KOT49I or recovery friendly D80020c method, will that lock my unlocked phone? (i am using it on tmobile)

Q2 : is there is a significant difference between using D8022a and D80010d boot loader mentioned in kk upgrades candidates.

p.s. Since i am a new android user, but with enough backgrounds to be a developer. i will be starting to work on porting M8 sense 6 and contribute To the LG G2 Community. finally have jumped into the bandwagon hahaha. took me a long time lol ..

cheers

chemotkbilo

Apr 20, 2014
GSM

Right now there are many unforseen problems with updating g2 so stay away as long as you can

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

I don't mind taking risks, my only main concern, will upgrading to stock based kitkat ROM and firmware lock my GSM again and be usable with AT&T ONLY. that is my main concern in the first question.
i know for a fact, that firmware originally is installed by the service provider and is separate from the locking mechanism. Most phones can be unbranded by reflashing a different firmware version. however, i am seeking reassurance from experts to confirm such knowledge

thank you

Last edited:

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Hello Everyone,
I am a new Android User, switched from Blackberry (had to use it for work for many reasons, employer requirement) . i have searched the forum for possible existing answer, could not find any.

i have just bought G2 At&t (D800) version from a previous owner, and it is unlocked by the previous owner. i have already rooted my device with custom recovery, it is Stock ROM 4.2.2 and software version 10o

my main two questions,
Q1 : if i flashed and upgraded to 4.4.2 using either D80220a - KOT49I or recovery friendly D80020c method, will that lock my unlocked phone? (i am using it on tmobile)

Q2 : is there is a significant difference between using D8022a and D80010d boot loader mentioned in kk upgrades candidates.

p.s. Since i am a new android user, but with enough backgrounds to be a developer. i will be starting to work on porting M8 sense 6 and contribute To the LG G2 Community. finally have jumped into the bandwagon hahaha. took me a long time lol ..

cheers

If you are gonna flash kk I suggest you first downgrade to 10d and use Gary's method or upgrade via tot and then root/install custom recovery but I cannot assure that it will remained unlock as I have not encountered many people who unlock and flash custom roms

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

chemotkbilo

Apr 20, 2014
If you are gonna flash kk I suggest you first downgrade to 10d and use Gary's method or upgrade via tot and then root/install custom recovery but I cannot assure that it will remained unlock as I have not encountered many people who unlock and flash custom roms

I see, i guess i will take the risk and re-update here. but will it matter a lot in term of FUNCTIONALITY. using international (AndroidUser00110001- power user edition) vs garyd9 method, excluding the removal of bloatware.

thanks

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I see, i guess i will take the risk and re-update here. but will it matter a lot in term of FUNCTIONALITY. using international (AndroidUser00110001- power user edition) vs garyd9 method, excluding the removal of bloatware.

thanks

Well using androiduser's Rom is nice because of less bloat plus no ciq but I myself would not flash a Rom that changes the model number from d800 to d802 just because if it soft bricks it will be harder to restore via flash tool, which is why I opted and am a current user of Gary's Rom but I debloated it

Reactions: chemotkbilo

chemotkbilo

Apr 20, 2014
Well using androiduser's Rom is nice because of less bloat plus no ciq but I myself would not flash a Rom that changes the model number from d800 to d802 just because if it soft bricks it will be harder to restore via flash tool, which is why I opted and am a current user of Gary's Rom but I debloated it

my first thank you on this forum went to you :D. i will use gary's rom and the debloate it

chemotkbilo

Apr 20, 2014
going back to stock using TOT

thanks

i have downgraded to 10d, and i can assure anyone, that it will not lock an unlocked phone. :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks