[KERNEL][GPL][2.6.35.y][02/12/2012]CAF-ICS Kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

azur3orion

May 3, 2011
Budapest
Usb file transfer speed is too low, maximum 250KB/s. Can anyone confirm it? Tried with v1 and testing too, on cm7.2 rc1 kang.

Sent from LG P500 multi-communication device via Tapatalk2 broadcasting software.

Cresqo

Mar 18, 2012
Usb file transfer speed is too low, maximum 250KB/s. Can anyone confirm it? Tried with v1 and testing too, on cm7.2 rc1 kang.

Sent from LG P500 multi-communication device via Tapatalk2 broadcasting software.

Confirmed, tried using a 175mb mkv file as test with a 16gb class 4 card and transfer speed is 1-2mbps.

Ta 1.1 was faster 3.5-5 while with djnoxd kernel is 3.5

Well as with the latest testing, I get quite a lot of panics even when oc is lowered. And there's a bigger problem, I left my phone to sleep for 8 hours and when I used it after that everything was very sluggish, rebooted and battery was 80%, and I checked the battery graph the battery meter was stuck previously, and battery on idle is not very good....

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

Last edited:

dm6939

Dec 4, 2010
This TA's kernel got better perfomance, but all of usb functions are not working althought I have full clean flashed. May be TA fix this. Many thanks.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

thachtunganh

Mar 19, 2011
Hà Nội - Hanoi
I change two rom but battery drain after night 10%.:(

I ALREADY SAID THAT BATTERY DRAINED VERY FAST!

This TA's kernel got better perfomance, but all of usb functions are not working althought I have full clean flashed. May be TA fix this. Many thanks.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Confirmed, tried using a 175mb mkv file as test with a 16gb class 4 card and transfer speed is 1-2mbps.

Ta 1.1 was faster 3.5-5 while with djnoxd kernel is 3.5

Well as with the latest testing, I get quite a lot of panics even when oc is lowered. And there's a bigger problem, I left my phone to sleep for 8 hours and when I used it after that everything was very sluggish, rebooted and battery was 80%, and I checked the battery graph the battery meter was stuck previously, and battery on idle is not very good....

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

Hello to your kernel does not work usb tethering, when you fix?

ok i will look into the kernel again

Reactions: azur3orion

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
I ALREADY SAID THAT BATTERY DRAINED VERY FAST!

ok i will look into the kernel again
Im not experiencing any battery drain as mentioned above, instead of reporting to the dev about "battery drain" get the betterbatterystats app ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809) , learn how to use it, and report to the dev what exactly is causing it on your phone (especially kernel wakelocks!).

This way you are actually helpful on the DEVELOPMENT Thread.

Reactions: thachtunganh

thachtunganh

Mar 19, 2011
Hà Nội - Hanoi
Im not experiencing any battery drain as mentioned above, instead of reporting to the dev about "battery drain" get the betterbatterystats app ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809) , learn how to use it, and report to the dev what exactly is causing it on your phone (especially kernel wakelocks!).

This way you are actually helpful on the DEVELOPMENT Thread.

100% RIGHT!
Follow him! he is right!

I'm using betterbatterystats to find the reason of battery drain problem.

Reactions: deniso177

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
which battery drain are you people talking about, wakelocks or is it drain during standby ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, i want to say thanks to:
    • Fserve, Hephappy, PaoloM70, Roqu3, doixanh : For every things. All credits give to you guy, specially is Fserve, Thank you Gerson :)!
    • af974, YZ: Thanks for being good Moderators for XDA Forum :D
    • Cyanogenmod Team, Code Aurora Forum: Special Thanks for sharing their kernel source with a lot of patches! :).
    • Tasssadar: For many advices :D.
    • DJNoxD: Big Thank for helping me and to fix errors :D
    • alezardstar, Aspee, RockR172, Andy572: Big thanks for helping me a lot :D
    • Der_Caveman, Mik_os, Franco Francisco, selphien and.... sorry i can't remember all people, Thanks for sharing and advising! :)
    • All XDA "GOOD" Members :D.

Bassiclly Features:
    • Based on "gingerbread_rel" branch from Code Aurora Forum, merged into CM7 official kernel source. Thanks to Hephappy for doing this ;).
    • Backported stuffs from 3.0 kernel to make this kernel run on ICS ROM - All Credits to LGICS Team.
    • Updated kernel version from 2.6.35.10 to 2.6.35.14 with Power Management patches for better battery life.
    • Completly Fair Scheduler with Autogroup feature.
    • Overclocking support. CPU Frequencies that added: from 652Mhz - 806Mhz.
      - Tip: Most of P500 can overclock to 729Mhz, becareful with higher frequencies.
    • Implemented SmartassV2 Governor with optimizations. Use as default governor.
    • Implemented optimized touch screen driver with multi-touching hack and High CPU Usage bug workaround (CPU Usage goes high when you touch the screen).
      - Thanks to Der_Caveman for rewriting a better touch screen driver, waleedq and sippolo for implementing Axis Inversion hack, fserve for High CPU Usage bug fixes.
    • Camera Flickering fix ;)
    • Tons of patches/tweaks from CAF, Cyanogenmod, me, many other people... All credits to them!

Bugs:
    • Enabling GPS will bring "GPS wakelock". This will prevent your phone from going to deep sleep
      Fix: Reboot your phone after enable GPS.
    • Random Rebooting... Nothing to say!

Reporting bugs:
    • Provide logcat when report bugs!

How to install:
    • Install the Kernel:
      • Reboot to Recovery.
      • Backup all thing FIRST!
      • Choose the caf-p500-xxxxxxxx-xxxx.zip (xxxxxxxx-xxxx is the kernel version)
      • Done it right? Reboot the system and Enjoy.

Tricks/Tips for getting better battery life:
    • Use the default governor - smartassv2! Highly Recommend!
    • Don't use CPU Profiles, SmartassV2 already has that.
    • Don't over clock your phone to higher than 729Mhz.

Kernel Download:

Source:
    Changelog

Changelog:
    02/12/2012:
    - Get up-to-date with Genet ICS kernel:
    • Remove obsolete audio pmem & increase PMEM_ADSP size.
    • Upgrade frame buffer to 3.0 kernel
    • Backport adsp_video_verify from .38 kernel
    • Update ashmem to msm-3.4
    Full changelog: https://github.com/thachtunganh/caf-kernel/compare/b9810925f6...37cae19423

18/11/2012:
    - Enable UID_STAT.
    Is it possible to enable uid_stat in this kernel?
    This stuff activates per application traffic counter. Very useful thing with expensive mobile internet...
    . Well, thank you for the tip ;)
    - Apply some PM patches, hope those patches can improve battery life ;)
    - Use XZ compression to compress kernel image.
    - Please notice this version is for testing!

09/10/2012:
    - Compiled with lastest Android NDK (r8b - new 4.6.3 GCC for ICS and Jelly Bean). And now Wifi module size is reduced from about 3MB to ~400KB :D.
    - TUN/TAP module now is built in kernel image ;). Well, get more free space on ICS and Jelly Bean is awesome :D
    - Update to Kernel release 2.6.35.14. :victory: (But i haven't apply some Power Management (PM) patches yet).
    - Add Snappy compression support to zram. (this patch is from Zeev Tarantov . With Snappy, Zram uses less CPU time and is thus more useful, thanks to him!)
    - Patches from Rashed97 - Who brought Unofficial CM10 Build for our device :laugh:
    • Fix mdp4_overlay for MDPI devices.
    • Hack for CRT animations fix. :D
    - disable GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS Sleeper Fairness in CFS. (this patch is from securecrt - Who Developed HWA kernel for ICS. Disabling Gentle Fair Sleepers could improve UI responsiveness. Thanks to him, too !:p)
    - Restored a missed patch, AND USB MASS STORAGE PROBLEM ON ICS ROM IS FIXED WITH THIS PATCH (this patch is from Hephappy. Thanks to him!)

20/08/2012: From alezardstar, post #1048 . Big thank to him!
    - smartassv2: some optimization for the governor.
    - Use original CPU Frequencies. - No More Undervolted CPU Frequencies!
    - Compiled with lastest Android NDK (r8b - new 4.6.3 GCC for ICS and Jelly Bean).

20/07/2012:
    - Disabled Vsync for scrolling smoothness.
    - Various tweaks from me. (Undervolted CPU frequencies (Undervolt 1 level): 122, 245, 320, 480, 600 Mhz. Increase Vibration level (from 115 to 120)).
    - p500: Fix proximity sensor (thanks cyrix.vs) (took from hephappy, thanks to cyrix.vs).
    - qdsp5: Incall recording pcm driver (took from hephappy).
    - Tune dirty_background_ratio and vm_dirty_ratio (nobodyAtall AKA nAa from Xperia X8, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro Mobile Phone developement)
    - Revert "Backport memory manager (mm) from ics_chocolate" module_alloc fails when wireless module activated in AP mode (hephappy).
    - Revert "bcm4325: disable wakeup irq when device sleeps". (me)
    - cpufreq: smartass2: change DEFAULT_RAMP_UP_STEP. (me)

02/07/2012:
    - Implement optimized touch screen driver by Der_Caveman (Big thank to Tasssadar).
    - sched_fair tweaks for improving performance. (IHO from OV).
    - bcm4325: Force powersave mode, disable wakeup irq when device sleeps (IHO from OV, Mik_os).
    - add the Stochastic Fair Blue (SFB) network scheduler. (LorDClockaN).
    - fix rpcrouter misspelling (css771).
    - usb: gadget: Remove unsupported mtp & ptp functions (hephappy).
    - Disabled Hardware Keyboard support.

28/06/2012:
    - Fix Data Usage - Set mobile data limit funtion for ICS. (lupohirp)
    - Fix battery stat for ICS. (lupohirp).
    - Enable Zcache in kernel. (me)
    - Some bluetooth patches (Peter Hurley, jhovold).
    - ext4: check for zero length extent (tytso)

25/06/2012:
    - Fix USB Mass Storage for ICS. (hephappy).
    - Bluesleep: Fix Wakeup (Tasssadar).
    - Split out 2 part: Kernel (Normal Users) and Extra Modules (Extra For VPN, Tethering Users).

17/06/2012:
    - Updated KGSL drivers (mikegapinski).
    - Added frontswap, zCache, Cleancache; updated zRam. (lupohirp).
    - Added Genlock (mikegapinski).
    - Updated vidc/camera headers for compatibility (mikegapinski).
    - Backport Memory Manager (mm) from Code Aurora Forum kernel, ics_chocolate branch (hephappy).
    - Backport binder from 3.0rc6 kernel (Drew Walton)
    - msm_fb : Add support for Yamato format (our adreno200 gpu) (lupohirp).
    - Updated VFP code (lupohirp).
    - Update network interface (adfad6666).
    - cpufreq: backport cpufreq code from 3.0rc6 kernel (me).
    - USB: f_mass_storage: Disable write cache support (Chiranjeevi Velempati).
    - Many sched, autogroup patches (Mike Galbraith)
    Download Section:

CAF Kernel (For ICS ONLY):

Old Kernel LIKE ta-gb, thunderVN (For Gingerbread ONLY)
    Hi Guys, well, i think that i've worked hard on kernel for a month. But, today, i think that i should stop, because now i have a lot of homework and many exams. When 20/6, i will have the biggest TESTS, if i fail one of them, so, my life will go down, and i can't get a job, so i will be a poor guy or will be so hard to earn money.... Now i just have about 3 months to learn, the tests will include what i have learn from 3 years ago until now, they will choose the hard excercise and put it to the exams.

Well, i have to stop, but i still help the dev if they need. And all you still can use my kernel source , fix , clean and develop it... do more, develop never be stop, it will always go forward!
    Hi there, it's good to be back :)
    Yesterday, i worked around the kernel source... there are some updates for you guys ;)
    • Update to Kernel release 2.6.35.14. :cool:
    • Add Snappy compression support to zram. (this patch is from Zeev Tarantov . With Snappy, Zram uses less CPU time and is thus more useful, thanks to him!)
    • Patches from Rashed97 - Who brought Unofficial CM10 Build for our device :laugh:
      • Fix mdp4_overlay for MDPI devices.
      • Hack for CRT animations fix. :cool:
    • disable GENTLE FAIR SLEEPERS Sleeper Fairness in CFS. (this patch is from securecrt - Who Developed HWA kernel for ICS. Disabling Gentle Fair Sleepers could improve UI responsiveness. Thanks to him, too :D!)
    • Restored a missed patch, AND USB MASS STORAGE PROBLEM ON ICS ROM IS FIXED WITH THIS PATCH (this patch is from Hephappy. Thanks to him!)

EDIT:
    Here is the link, please test and tell me what work or not work.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?can5cqp0h4ufm4i

Edit 2: Any Bugs? Please report