Wireless charging sound on Maxx

Search This thread

sabbotage

Dec 15, 2010
Has anyone been able to disable the wireless charging sound on the Maxx? I renamed the wireless charging sound in the notifications and ui folders both and then it defaulted to my default notification sound. So then I tried setting my default notification sound to none and now it plays some other weird sound. I want it completely gone and no sure what to try next.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

jimh1999

Jun 22, 2007
Has anyone been able to disable the wireless charging sound on the Maxx? I renamed the wireless charging sound in the notifications and ui folders both and then it defaulted to my default notification sound. So then I tried setting my default notification sound to none and now it plays some other weird sound. I want it completely gone and no sure what to try next.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
I am having the same problem, this charging sound is highly annoying. I got a silent sound file and renamed it to wireless charging, then found the default sound and renamed it and saved to system/media. It worked for 2 days then for some reason came back. Maybe some backup file, I can't figure it out.

Jul 24, 2008
Rincon, Georgia
I am having the same problem, this charging sound is highly annoying. I got a silent sound file and renamed it to wireless charging, then found the default sound and renamed it and saved to system/media. It worked for 2 days then for some reason came back. Maybe some backup file, I can't figure it out.

I'd like to know if anybody comes up with a solution to this, as well. I've got my Droid rooted and have renamed, replaced, and even removed all the "WirelessChargingStarted.ogg" files I could find and it always comes back! Anybody know of another way to get rid of this annoying soung?

djousma

Nov 9, 2012
Just curious why is it annoying? Now, if it made another noise when done charging, I would be annoyed too, because that would be sometime in the night when sleeping.

Reactions: BMAF
Jul 24, 2008
Rincon, Georgia
If your wife is in bed sleeping and you come in at night and place your phone on the charging pad, then this loud chime goes off in addition to a visual confirmation on the phone that it's charging, it's annoying. And coupled with visual indication that it's charging it's also unnecessary. I can see it being handy, but the sound needs to have the capability to be disabled.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ubermetroid

djousma

Nov 9, 2012
If your wife is in bed sleeping and you come in at night and place your phone on the charging pad, then this loud chime goes off in addition to a visual confirmation on the phone that it's charging, it's annoying. And coupled with visual indication that it's charging it's also unnecessary. I can see it being handy, but the sound needs to have the capability to be disabled.

Gotcha. thanks.

Jul 24, 2008
Rincon, Georgia
Got my Ravpower wireless charger last night. Hard to tell if the beep is coming from the charger or phone!?!?

If from the phone, any solution to disable?

There is a small beep that comes from the charger (I have the same one). But the loud chime comes from the phone. The small beep is soft and quiet enough that I don't care about it. But the damn chime from the phone is frustrating. I have to make sure my phone is either silent or the volume is turned way down before placing it on the charger. But I need to hear my phone if it rings at night for my job.

MrZ123

Nov 5, 2007
There is a small beep that comes from the charger (I have the same one). But the loud chime comes from the phone. The small beep is soft and quiet enough that I don't care about it. But the damn chime from the phone is frustrating. I have to make sure my phone is either silent or the volume is turned way down before placing it on the charger. But I need to hear my phone if it rings at night for my job.

Mine phone was on vibrate and it must have beeped 4-5 times during the night! (again not sure if the beep was the phone or charger)

I am assuming the phone charges to 100%, then stops charging, discharges to 99%, then starts charging again, hence the beep!

Some advice please!!

Jul 24, 2008
Rincon, Georgia
Mine phone was on vibrate and it must have beeped 4-5 times during the night! (again not sure if the beep was the phone or charger)

I am assuming the phone charges to 100%, then stops charging, discharges to 99%, then starts charging again, hence the beep!

Some advice please!!

It does charge, stop, discharge, repeat, but from what I've seen with mine and the Rav the charger only beeps when you first put the phone on it (at least in my case) and the phone doesn't make its charging sound if the battery is above 90%. Have you moved your phone around on the charging pad? Maybe it's right at the edge of then inductors and the pad keeps thinking it lost then picked up the phone again.

MrZ123

Nov 5, 2007

It does charge, stop, discharge, repeat, but from what I've seen with mine and the Rav the charger only beeps when you first put the phone on it (at least in my case) and the phone doesn't make its charging sound if the battery is above 90%. Have you moved your phone around on the charging pad? Maybe it's right at the edge of then inductors and the pad keeps thinking it lost then picked up the phone again.

Last night was my first night using it so will try to reposition tonight. Def heard the beep a bunch of times though and it woke me up as it is right on the nightstand next to my bed...

phontek642

Sep 23, 2013
If you are rooted and have sqlite editor, you can go to settings storage.
Click the one that says com.Android.providers.settings underneath settings storage.

Hit settings.db
Hit global
On line 36 it says wireless.charging.started.sound.
Change the value after wireless...sound to "silent". Or you had mentioned a silent wav file put in the location and name of that file.
I used silent, but I guess "none" would work as well

Wallah! done! No more annoying wake the wife in the middle of the night sound.

sent from my ROOTED XT-1080m

Reactions: tCizler

notalent_assclowns

Sep 13, 2013
Click the one that says com.Android.providers.settings underneath settings storage.

Hit settings.db
Hit global
Change the value after wireless...sound to "silent". Or you had mentioned a silent wav file put in the location and name of that file.

Thanks for this, I just made the change and will try it out tonight at home.

Jul 24, 2008
Rincon, Georgia

Hit settings.db
Hit global

Awesome! It works. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

aameghoo

Feb 6, 2012
what would be the steps to changing the sound to a different sound? I want to use a wav file that is more so a subtle ping that can be barley herd but enough for me to know my phone is charging without actually having to look at it

rlmesq

May 13, 2011

Have you tried settings--> sound--> uncheck the "Battery full notification" box? I use an older Qi charger and have never heard a peep from my phone at night.

djousma

Nov 9, 2012
Have you tried settings--> sound--> uncheck the "Battery full notification" box? I use an older Qi charger and have never heard a peep from my phone at night.

Its not the "full" notification that is the issue. Its the notification that wireless charging has started that is the issue.

phontek642

Sep 23, 2013
Awesome! It works. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Use the same procedure I posted just instead of "silent" put the path to the "tone" you want to use. Get astro file manager and locate the sound you want if you downloaded it the path might be sdcard0/download/sounds/beep or something like that.

If someone could post the original path to the sound it would be greatly appreciated. I think I want to add a sound back and don't have the original path...thx

sent from my ROOTED XT-1080

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

what would be the steps to changing the sound to a different sound? I want to use a wav file that is more so a subtle ping that can be barley herd but enough for me to know my phone is charging without actually having to look at it

Sorry quoted wrong before.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45967528

sent from my ROOTED XT-1080

osucowboy96

Sep 14, 2013

Hit settings.db
Hit global

This does not seem to work any longer after the recent update. I tried setting it to "silent", and tried replacing the file, nothing worked. I tried playing the original ogg file directly from the directory and it played silence (all other files played correctly), so something is not right. It's like after the update it's pulling the file from somewhere else. Really a pain since the alert plays regardless of the phone's sound state, now. I have the Tylt charger and if it's not sitting perfectly on the charger, it will randomly disconnect/reconnect, making the alert sound, and since I charge on my nightstand at night, this wakes me up. I've had to take it off the charger every night in the middle of the night because it keeps waking me up.

echo12victor

Feb 29, 2008
This does not seem to work any longer after the recent update. I tried setting it to "silent", and tried replacing the file, nothing worked. I tried playing the original ogg file directly from the directory and it played silence (all other files played correctly), so something is not right. It's like after the update it's pulling the file from somewhere else. Really a pain since the alert plays regardless of the phone's sound state, now. I have the Tylt charger and if it's not sitting perfectly on the charger, it will randomly disconnect/reconnect, making the alert sound, and since I charge on my nightstand at night, this wakes me up. I've had to take it off the charger every night in the middle of the night because it keeps waking me up.

Same problem here. I was able to remove the sound before the update, but it came back with the newest Verizon firmware. I have been searching everywhere in the phone and can't find where the phone is pulling the sound file from.

The new sound file that plays when the phone is placed on the charger is located in /system/media/audio/notifications/ and is named Droid_Charge.ogg. I was able to create a blank .ogg file and rename it to Droid_Charge.ogg, but the annoying notification sound still plays when I put my phone on the wireless charging mat.

This has been driving me crazy! I have no idea how the phone is still playing the notification.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally figured it out. The new charging sound is embedded in the VzwSystemUiExt.apk file which is located in the /system/app/ folder. I was able to copy a blank .ogg file and rename it to Charging.ogg and replace the annoying sound file in the .apk, so now no more waking my wife up when I put my phone on the charger.

I'll try to attach the modified .apk and all you have to do is overwrite the one on your phone and you are all set.
    Just curious why is it annoying? Now, if it made another noise when done charging, I would be annoyed too, because that would be sometime in the night when sleeping.

Hit settings.db
    Hit global

I've read the entire thread but the solution still eludes me - how can we remove the wireless charging sound? (rooted)

Hello My Friend.. Good to see you here..
    If you are on JB 4.2.2 >> Go to my pages..A solution is there for you..find your device..and the download with instructions included..just unzip to your device or computer, then transfer to your device after unzipped..

IF you are on 4.4 then do as the above post #34 mentions..

sent by my 4.4_19.5.3
    TWRP 2.6.3.1 XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
    http://waynekent.com/page6.html

Please donate to: Hashcode
    (if you can)