[2.3+][TEMPLATE][Icon Pack] Go, Aviate, Nova, Apex, Adw, Holo and more supported

Search This thread

Blaze

Feb 23, 2013
Kolkata
Hi folks.. This is a project template I have created for helping my themer friends on xda . I have made a simple interface but with almost every possible features that a decent icon pack must have. The template supports from Android 2.3 to 4.4.2

Note : This template is for making the apk only . For a tutorial on how to make icon pack, please refer to this guide of my good friend and tutor @iamareebjamal[/MENTION]. Follow only step 5 and 6 because the rest is already done in this template .
Preview :
u2f4.png
q788.png
55v7.png
4gr6.png

Whats Included :
1. Dedicated in app launcher selector .
2. Icon request tool based on Tung91 's source files. Thanks to @vanessaem for
providing me with those. Now no need to install a different app.
3. Wallpaper support.
4. Go launcher and next launcher support.

Lets get started:

Files you need:
1. My Template HERE
2. Action Bar Sherlock (ABS)HERE
3.Eclipse
4.Notepad ++
Setting Up The Project:

1. Download both the files and extract on your desktop.
2. Open up eclipse and import actionbarsherlock as library.
For doing so, go to File-> Import-> Existing Android Code Into Workspace->(browse to the place you extracted ABS and click ok.
m3wa.png

3. Right click to the imported file, go to properties and select ->Android and select "Is Library" And click apply. Refer to the image for more details.
nbrc.png

4.Import the template. Now right click and go to Properties->Android->Add and select ABS from the list and click Apply.
Voila!! You are done with importing the project. Now lets dig in for some more features.

Changing the path name:
For changing the path name, have a look at the image below.
j3ck.png
yhem.png

Changing email id so that you receive mail for icon request:
This is quiet simple. Just browse to TemplateIconPack-> src-> example.templete.iconpack and open IconRequest.java with Notepad++ and scroll down to line 212 and 214 and follow the instructions given there.
27pm.png

Changing path name inside LauncherActivity.java:
LauncherActivity.java is the activity which helps in the automatic application of icon pack in the launcher you select from the list inside the app.
To get it working for adw launcher, just open LauncherActivity.java in Notepad++ and scroll down to line 77. Change "example.templete.iconpack" to the path name of your icon pack.

Adding more wallpaper:

For adding more wallpapers, browse to the
TemplateIconPack-> res-> values and open up wallpaper.xml in notepad++. add name of wallpapers in the format present there. place the wallpapers in the drawable-hdpi folder. I have added 4 wallpapers already for your convenience.

Exporting the app:

Select File>Export>Export Android Application and Select your IconProject. Click on next and choose Create New Keystore and choose the location where you want it to be created. Enter any password you want. Click next, now, enter any name you want in alias, password, set Validity to 25 years(your choice), First and Last Names. Other Fields are Optional. You must remember those key location, alias and passwords for both as you will be signing upcoming updated of your icon pack with the same key so your fans don' t have to uninstall older app before installing the new one . Click next, then choose where you want your app to be created and click on Finish.

Tested On:
Galaxy Y (2.3.6 )
Moto G ( 4.4.2 )
Note II (4.3 )

Credits:
@tung91
Areeb Jamal
@MuSaddiq
@vanessaem
Team GFX Bandits

Download and Try Sample App from Google Play

Last edited:

Blaze

Feb 23, 2013
Kolkata
Reserved

Change Log 1:
Fixed fc of icon request send button.
Fixed fc when choosing adw launcher from the launcher selector list.
New Template Link

Icon Pack(the1dynasty source) Integrated With Icon request feature by Alex Reconer [4.0+]:
As promised Guys, here It is. You need to add ABS as library for this. Please check out the original THREAD for more details. Thanks to @the1dynasty for his awesome icon pack template and @Alex_R3CONN3R for his awesome icon request tool.

Set up procedure is same as the previous one. Every other details and instructions is given inside respective xml and java files. Follow the instructions in green inside the files.

ScreenShots:
aUuqyrK.png
j0WvTGd.png

DOWNLOAD LINK:
DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited:

xperia4.0

Jun 20, 2012
mumbai
OnePlus 6
Hi folks.. This is a project template I have created for helping my themer friends on xda . I have made a simple interface but with almost every possible features that a decent icon pack must have. The template supports from Android 2.3 to 4.4.2

Note : This template is for making the apk only . For a tutorial on how to make icon pack, please refer to this guide of my good friend and tutor [MENTION=4782403]
iamareebjamal[/MENTION]. Follow only step 5 and 6 because the rest is already done in this template .
Preview :
u2f4.png
q788.png
55v7.png
4gr6.png

Whats Included :
2. Icon request tool based on Tung91 's source files. Thanks
to @vanessaem for
providing me with those. Now no need to install a different
app.
3. Wallpaper support.

Lets get started:

Files you need:
1. My Template HERE
3.Eclipse
4.Notepad ++
Setting Up The Project:

For doing so, go to File-> Import-> Existing Android Code Into Workspace->(browse to the place you extracted ABS and click ok.
m3wa.png

3. Right click to the imported file, go to properties and select ->Android and select "Is Library" And click apply. Refer to the image for more details.
nbrc.png

4.Import the template. Now right click and go to Properties->Android->Add and select ABS from the list and click Apply.
Voila!! You are done with importing the project. Now lets dig in for some more features.

Changing the path name:
j3ck.png
yhem.png

This is quiet simple. Just browse to TemplateIconPack-> src-> example.templete.iconpack and open IconRequest.java with Notepad++ and scroll down to line 212 and 214 and follow the instructions given there.
27pm.png

Adding more wallpaper:

TemplateIconPack-> res-> values and open up wallpaper.xml in notepad++. add name of wallpapers in the format present there. place the wallpapers in the drawable-hdpi folder. I have added 4 wallpapers already for your convenience.

Exporting the app:

Select File>Export>Export Android Application and Select your IconProject. Click on next and choose Create New Keystore and choose the location where you want it to be created. Enter any password you want. Click next, now, enter any name you want in alias, password, set Validity to 25 years(your choice), First and Last Names. Other Fields are Optional. You must remember those key location, alias and passwords for both as you will be signing upcoming updated of your icon pack with the same key so your fans don' t have to uninstall older app before installing the new one . Click next, then choose where you want your app to be created and click on Finish.

Tested On:
Galaxy Y (2.3.6 )
Moto G ( 4.4.2 )
Note II (4.3 )

Credits:
@tung91
Areeb Jamal
@MuSaddiq
@vanessaem
Team GFX Bandits

when i select the unthemed Apps And click on send ..i get FC...

Blaze

Feb 23, 2013
Kolkata
gmail, yes... and i get FC after selecting the way to send the reQuest..
give me 5min i will get bck to you with logcat..

strange.. its working fine on my sgy but giving fc in moto g. But in minimal flat, I used this same thing and its working fine in my moto g. I will look into it tomorrow. am too tired today..

xperia4.0

Jun 20, 2012
mumbai
OnePlus 6
strange.. its working fine on my sgy but giving fc in moto g. But in minimal flat, I used this same thing and its working fine in my moto g. I will look into it tomorrow. am too tired today..

yup..maybe cos of 4.4.2...
and when u dnt select any of the apps it just goes fine..with no errors, ready to send the reQuest..
but as soon as u select apps and send it "FC"....

the 1st one is from the emulator and the 2nd is from my xperia mini 4.4.2

Attachments

• log1.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 9
  • logcat.txt
    75.7 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Blaze

MuSaddiq

Aug 24, 2013
and when u dnt select any of the apps it just goes fine..with no errors, ready to send the reQuest..

The INTERNET permission is missing thats why it is giving fc.

Reactions: Blaze

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City

The INTERNET permission is missing thats why it is giving fc.

Also try putting an icon.png into the drawable-ldpi, drawable-mdpi, drawable-xhdpi, and drawable-xxhdpi(if you have this folder) and I believe this got it to stop force closing for me.

Last edited:

Blaze

Feb 23, 2013
Kolkata

it can't be because of 4.4.2 cause its working on my minimal flat icon pack. it must be because of the missing internet permission. I will look into it after my studies...

vanessaem

Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
I havee tried it on my Xperia mini with wifi connection app.. But the result is the same..!!

it can't be because of 4.4.2 cause its working on my minimal flat icon pack. it must be because of the missing internet permission. I will look into it after my studies...

I don't think it's just that. Check my previous post. I was able to get it working. Also, I'm getting some force quits when trying to apply in ADW launcher. Sometimes it works fine but most times not. All the other launchers work fine though.

Last edited:

Blaze

Feb 23, 2013
Kolkata
I don't think it's just that. Check my previous post. I was able to get it working. Also, I'm getting some force quits when trying to apply in ADW launcher. Sometimes it works fine but most times not. All the other launchers work fine though.

I havee tried it on my Xperia mini with wifi connection app.. But the result is the same..!!

Sent from my Xperia Mini using Tapatalk
I just checked the android manifest. I missed the internet permission. I will upload the new template soon.
@vanessaem, for the ads launcher fc, I will look into it now .
edit: I fixed both the issues... for icon request, internet permission is needed.. and for the adw launcher fix, a code needed to be changed. I forgot to change it. I will upload the build asap...

Last edited:
Reactions: vanessaem

vanessaem

Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
I just checked the android manifest. I missed the internet permission. I will upload the new template soon.
@vanessaem, for the ads launcher fc, I will look into it now .

Fixed...
In LauncherActivity.java, I put in my own icon pack name for the intent and ADW launcher worked.
Please try and add a note about that in your template for noobs like me. ;)

Last edited:

Blaze

Feb 23, 2013
Kolkata
Fixed...
In LauncherActivity.java, I put in my own icon pack name for the intent and ADW launcher worked.
Please try and add a note about that in your template for noobs like me. ;)

exactly. that is the fix. I also did it. I used an older path name there from my previous icon pack :p.. I will upload the new template soon..
@vanessaem @xperia4.0 check out the template now.. i uploaded sample apk on playstore also. it will be published soon.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Note : This template is for making the apk only . For a tutorial on how to make icon pack, please refer to this guide of my good friend and tutor @iamareebjamal[/MENTION]. Follow only step 5 and 6 because the rest is already done in this template .
    Preview :
    u2f4.png
    q788.png
    55v7.png
    4gr6.png

Whats Included :
    2. Icon request tool based on Tung91 's source files. Thanks to @vanessaem for
    providing me with those. Now no need to install a different app.
    3. Wallpaper support.

Lets get started:

Files you need:
    1. My Template HERE
    3.Eclipse
    4.Notepad ++
    Setting Up The Project:

m3wa.png

nbrc.png

Changing the path name:
    j3ck.png
    yhem.png

27pm.png

Changing path name inside LauncherActivity.java:
    LauncherActivity.java is the activity which helps in the automatic application of icon pack in the launcher you select from the list inside the app.
    To get it working for adw launcher, just open LauncherActivity.java in Notepad++ and scroll down to line 77. Change "example.templete.iconpack" to the path name of your icon pack.

Adding more wallpaper:

Exporting the app:

Tested On:
    Galaxy Y (2.3.6 )
    Moto G ( 4.4.2 )
    Note II (4.3 )

Credits:
    @tung91
    Areeb Jamal
    @MuSaddiq
    @vanessaem
    Team GFX Bandits

Reserved

Change Log 1:
    Fixed fc of icon request send button.
    Fixed fc when choosing adw launcher from the launcher selector list.
    New Template Link

Icon Pack(the1dynasty source) Integrated With Icon request feature by Alex Reconer [4.0+]:
    As promised Guys, here It is. You need to add ABS as library for this. Please check out the original THREAD for more details. Thanks to @the1dynasty for his awesome icon pack template and @Alex_R3CONN3R for his awesome icon request tool.

Set up procedure is same as the previous one. Every other details and instructions is given inside respective xml and java files. Follow the instructions in green inside the files.

ScreenShots:
    aUuqyrK.png
    j0WvTGd.png

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    Thanks for the tutorial and template. ;)

Thank you guys... I hope more people will come to know about this..
    Hez Blaze! I'm the dev of this tool https://github.com/Alex-R3CONN3R/AppGetter I thought you might be interested in adding it to your template. If I can help you with that you can contact me here or preferably on hangouts. You can find my g+ on the github profile. Greets Alex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

okay sir.. I will give it a try...
    Hez Blaze! I'm the dev of this tool https://github.com/Alex-R3CONN3R/AppGetter I thought you might be interested in adding it to your template. If I can help you with that you can contact me here or preferably on hangouts. You can find my g+ on the github profile. Greets Alex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk