[SOLVED] FASTBOOT flash recovery remote: not allowed (update boot.img and system.img

Search This thread

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
Okay, going to try the pl80img.zip method

every time I send
Code:
fastboot flash system system.img

the entire computer becomes unresponsive and does nothing indefinitely :confused:

Okay, computer says it can't copy to the sdcard for some reason. going to try formatting the sd card

edit::

okay, formatted the sd card and copied over PL80IMG.zip

the bootloader sses it and pauses at

Code:
Loading...[PL80IMG.zip]

before simply going back to the bootloader

It doesn't ask me whether to apply, as it did when I did the hboot mod to remove the red text.

I created the zip in Windows via rightclick->new->compressed (zipped) folder

still 4.1.2, and wifi won't turn on (error)

Last edited:

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
Okay, going to try the pl80img.zip method

every time I send
Code:

the entire computer becomes unresponsive and does nothing indefinitely :confused:

Okay, computer says it can't copy to the sdcard for some reason. going to try formatting the sd card

edit::

okay, formatted the sd card and copied over PL80IMG.zip

the bootloader sses it and pauses at

Code:
Loading...[PL80IMG.zip]

It doesn't ask me whether to apply, as it did when I did the hboot mod to remove the red text.

I created the zip in Windows via rightclick->new->compressed (zipped) folder

well, it looks like whoever pulled those "img"s just re named backup files from twrp or CWM instead of actually pulling them using dd, or adb pull......

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

either that, or you just have to remember the system.img is 1.3G

that's quite a lot to flash at one time

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
I waited for a response and got nothing. It sits forever and then simply goes back to the hboot menu (where you select recovery, reboot, etc). Upon restarting the phone, nothing has changed.

Somewhere along the way, we lost wifi capabilities. I don't understand why flashing the system.img via fastboot froze the entire computer (I waited 10- minues; the cursor moves, but everything else in nonresponsive. Same results on 3 different computers

I'm going to try going full jb stock, but it has no system.img, so if the seemingly failed system flash caused damage, I don't know that it can be fixed without a successful flash.

edit:: used the same PL80IMG.zip method to go full stock (radio, boot, and recovery). Seems to be working. WiFi working. So far, looks good (as in, operational). Oddly, despite software information saying I'm on 4.1.2, it says no updates are available (?). Since we're back to stock boot, should I be able to install the ota zip file via cwm, or will the sytem partition not be a match at this point?

Last edited:

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
I waited for a response and got nothing. It sits forever and then simply goes back to the hboot menu (where you select recovery, reboot, etc). Upon restarting the phone, nothing has changed.

Somewhere along the way, we lost wifi capabilities. I don't understand why flashing the system.img via fastboot froze the entire computer (I waited 10- minues; the cursor moves, but everything else in nonresponsive. Same results on 3 different computers

I'm going to try going full jb stock, but it has no system.img, so if the seemingly failed system flash caused damage, I don't know that it can be fixed without a successful flash.

edit:: used the same PL80IMG.zip method to go full stock (radio, boot, and recovery). Seems to be working. WiFi working. So far, looks good (as in, operational). Oddly, despite software information saying I'm on 4.1.2, it says no updates are available (?). Since we're back to stock boot, should I be able to install the ota zip file via cwm, or will the sytem partition not be a match at this point?

try it out

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
Moving forward, should I be concerned that the failed
Code:
might have resulted in some sort of damage to the system partiton? Or is that something that gets rebuilt automatically following the boot.img flash and regular use?

M

Modding.MyMind

The system image is pulled from dd, but it contains superuser.apk and busybox. The person who pulled it wasn't thinking clearly when I requested for a clean stock image. Oh well, close enough haha.

Sent from my K2_CL using Tapatalk

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
okay, so i go to install, and it starts to work- shows a green circle and a progress bar. 2 seconds in, however, it stops nd shows me a red triangle and exclamation point :crying:

Going to flash twrp and try installing the zip..

could the damaged(?) system partition have something to do with it?

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
okay, so i go to install, and it starts to work- shows a green circle and a progress bar. 2 seconds in, however, it stops nd shows me a red triangle and exclamation point :crying:

Going to flash twrp and try installing the zip..

could the damaged(?) system partition have something to do with it?

factory, reset then try again

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013
factory, reset then try again

Have to get to work soon. I kept the pl80img.zip on the flash drive and just added .bkp to the filename, so I should be able to use file explorer to remove the extension, go to hboot and go stock at any time.

When I tried installing the .zip, here's what twrp (which I put back on via goo) gave me:
(I renamed the file to update.zip)
Code:
updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/update.zip
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 Check: no MD5 file found.
assert failed: check_cid(getprop("ro.cid"). "000
          "2222222222" , "33333333" , "44444444" , "5
          "7777777" , "88888888" , "99999999" , "C
e:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/update.zip'
Updating partition details

(clearly, the text continues off the screen.)

My CID is 11111111 (superCID, as provided by either yourself of modding.my.mind , IIRC)

I'm no coder, but it almost looks like that's where it's seeing a problem? Do I need to go back to default CID for the update? :confused:

I'll put the recovery back to stock, o a factory reset, and try again when I get a chance and post the results.

I notice that, despite going stock boot, the bloatware didn't all return. Is that because we failed to succesfully flash the system image?

It occurs to me the .zip could have been corrupted. Tonight or tomorrow (my pc is dead, so I have to use one someplace else), I'll recreate the PL80IMG.zip with the 2.2 images from earlier in this thread using 7zip and try again (it takes a while to redownload that system.img)

zomgitsanoob

Feb 3, 2013

Okay, since fastboot freezes the pc, I added the default android-info.txt from here and created the PL80IMG.zip via 7-zip

It's in HBoot updating system right now...

edit:: it goes back and forth between updating and unzipping... is that normal? How long should I wait for the entire proccess? I realize it's more than a gig, fso it makes sense that it could a little while

edit:: okay.. both say ok.... power button reboot...

*crosses fingers*

Okay, looks good! Thank you, sir! I now oew you two pints :D

Now to go find out how to disable Tell HTC...

Last edited:
Reactions: russellvone

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
Okay, since fastboot freezes the pc, I added the default android-info.txt from here and created the PL80IMG.zip via 7-zip

edit:: it goes back and forth between updating and unzipping... is that normal? How long should I wait for the entire proccess? I realize it's more than a gig, fso it makes sense that it could a little while

*crosses fingers*

hey, check out the index thread by old.splatterhand

it's got official RUU with 4.2.2 cricket

M

Modding.MyMind

You can disable it by freezing, deleting the udove system apk and odex file. Or by adding an extension like .apk.pka and .odex.dexo.

However, I recently restored my device with my twrp backup so the 'Tell HTC' would appear under settings. I took my stock boot.img and unpacked it. Then I unpacked the ramdisk. I opened up the default.prop file using 920 text editor on my device and changed ro.secure to 0 instead of 1 and for the other ones listed I changed from 0 to 1. I repacked the boot.img and pushed it to my device. I rebooted and 'Tell HTC' was still there. I left my phone alone and didn't actually check again until the following morning and 'Tell HTC' was disabled; no longer there anymore. I do not know how long it took to take affect and it become disable but I repeated the steps by restoring my device again to try and duplicate the process to removing it again. It worked. :)

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Even better, after 'Tell HTC' became disabled I was able to restore just my stock boot.img and it still remained disabled lol.

Last edited:

_hunter

Nov 9, 2013
Greetings,

Please help with similar problem:
fastboot flash recovery d:\Downloads\TWRP_v2.7.1.1_P780_ROW_KK\recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (6144 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.230s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote:
partition 'recovery' not support flash)
finished. total time: 0.267s
(I'm on rooted Lenovo P780 with Android 4.4.2 (if it helps)).

Best regards...

M

Modding.MyMind

Greetings,

Please help with similar problem:
fastboot flash recovery d:\Downloads\TWRP_v2.7.1.1_P780_ROW_KK\recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (6144 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.230s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote:
partition 'recovery' not support flash)
finished. total time: 0.267s
(I'm on rooted Lenovo P780 with Android 4.4.2 (if it helps)).

Best regards...
Well just so you are aware, you are currently over at HTC One SV. I recommend heading over it your devices forums. With that said, I do not know if your device has a locked bootloader or not. If it does, then this may be your problem.

sanka01

Feb 19, 2015
Hi!
my problem is, on HTC ONE SV LTE (K2_UL) unlock, s-on, the phone is full dead, just a bootloader menu working

d:\priv\htc2>fastboot devices
123456789012 fastboot

d:\priv\htc2>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (8476 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.048s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: image update error)
finished. total time: 1.284s

d:\priv\htc2>

Anybody any solution? or help? please

arjithpraison

Jul 5, 2015
Chennai
Fast boot remote not allowed

When I tried to flash recovery in my tablet s8-701u or the huawei honor t1 aka huawei mediapad t1 the following erred occurred
Remote:command not allowed
Can anyone help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Russelvone, if I ever meet you (or modding.my.mind,or Old Splatterhand) I owe you a pint :highfive:

More good news: Now it's seeing the OTA update. Downloading now to try updating (if it works, then we'll put twrp or cwm back on) :good:
    by /system in stock condition, you mean as in not having removed all the bs I didn't want/use in order to make room, right? because I removed the cricket account app (which did nothing anyway, the default facebook app, the rescue app... a lot o things. I have backups of the apks and the app data, though. :D

Of course, because f-k me, my nandroid seems to be corrupted :victory:

godammit, I just want to get this OTA update installed because it has touch5 and an updated Android. I'd tery installing from sideload, but CWM can't mount the sd card :highfive:

what about the zip I linked to you?

just flash it

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2fq45couq54eop/4.1.2_JB_Crkt_2.04.1050.3_stock_odexed.zip

flash this then stock recovery and update after

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

twrp twrp twrp....

I've got a twrp backup too if you want to restore it(with twrp) of course, lol
    I'm trying to reflash the default the original recovery in order to install

OTA_K2PLC_CL_JB422_SENSE50_MR_Cricket_US_3.02.1050.10-2.04.1050.5_release_343402dpsh8ror12wwdww2.zip

(4.2.2 and touch5 OTA)

What is causing this error and how do I get past it? :confused:

I'd try flashing the zip, but cwm can't mount the sdcard for some reason

cricket/moonshined/rooted/superCID
    Yes. Unlocked bootloader, rooted, moonshine s-off, with supercid (1s). Not radio, s-off, only moonshined (disables the check, from what I understand)

*crosses fingers*

Okay, looks good! Thank you, sir! I now oew you two pints :D