[Q] How to monitor app network activity?

Search This thread

ericbergan

Sep 22, 2007
I apparently have an app on my Note Pro (I'm guessing one of the bundled Samsung apps) that once a minute is doing a hardwired DNS lookup to the google DNS servers. How can I track down which one it is?

From my router, I can see it happen, and see the local port number on the Note Pro, but the port number is changing each time (not surprising since it is a UDP request.) Any Android app I can install that monitors an app's network activity?

Thanks!

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
I apparently have an app on my Note Pro (I'm guessing one of the bundled Samsung apps) that once a minute is doing a hardwired DNS lookup to the google DNS servers. How can I track down which one it is?

From my router, I can see it happen, and see the local port number on the Note Pro, but the port number is changing each time (not surprising since it is a UDP request.) Any Android app I can install that monitors an app's network activity?

Thanks!

You could use a firewall security app that lets you disable an apps access to the Internet and go through 1 by 1

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ericbergan

Sep 22, 2007
You could use a firewall security app that lets you disable an apps access to the Internet and go through 1 by 1

Silly me - didn't even think to look for Android firewall apps, just monitors. Looks like there is a selection to choose from, including some non-root ones. Thanks!

Reactions: Duly.noted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Silly me - didn't even think to look for Android firewall apps, just monitors. Looks like there is a selection to choose from, including some non-root ones. Thanks!