Search This thread

Shinzul

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 30, 2010
Virginia
Hey everyone!

Full source code for the kernel changes can be found here.

If you are having issues getting it to work on Sense, flash this kernel: http://tinyw.in/05Y

For sense, you can use netarchy's latest build! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=719763

I put up a donate version of the app in the market. It is 100% IDENTICAL to the free version! And it will always stay that way! But I am getting tons of emails about where people can donate, so I figured this was the easiest way... so if you'd like to support #teamwin and what we do, feel free to buy the donate app! But please don't feel obligated to, and know that they literally are the exact same app (donate and free version) and they will always stay the same.

HDMwIn has been published to the market as a FREE APP! Go get it now: http://tinyw.in/NW (works on both sense AND cm7). If you previously installed the beta, uninstall it before you install the market version!

#teamwin is back again, this time supporting full HDMI mirroring on the evo! :p

Thanks to Dees_Troy for the video! :)

Standard disclaimer:
Code:
You are the only one responsible for your phone, #teamwin is not to be held liable for any harm that may come to your phone... not that we could harm your phone... we are teamwin!

Basic Instructions:
  1. Run the HDMwIn app
  2. Follow the instructions to install
  3. ???
  4. FREE BEER!

Bug List:

Fixed Bugs
  • No sound through HDMI on aosp (sound DOES work in sense)
    [*]Occasional screen flicker in full screen landscape mode
    [*]Occasionally when you switch from portrait to landscape or vice versa, it stops mirroring correctly. Just disable/re-enable mirroring and it will come right back.
    [*]HDMI output stops briefly sometimes when you background the app
    [*]The app doesn't really work in landscape mode :eek: (android layouts suck :))

Hope you guys enjoy!

Credit:
All the members of #teamwin!
Special thanks to the newest member of #teamwin, agrabren!

Last edited:

Shinzul

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 30, 2010
Virginia
Change Log:
v1.2.5:
-Fixed a bug with the resolution selection on sense.
-Changed the auto-downloader to work much better.
v1.2.4:
-Fixed a bug that prevented the app from working with sense.
v1.2.3:
-MAJOR bug fix!
v1.2.2:
-Misc bug fixes
v1.2.1:
-Now includes support for controlling audio! (Even on CM7/AOSP!)
-New Advanced Settings menu with new options!
-New option enables you to keep the screen on all the time while mirroring
-New option enables you to max your CPU clock speed while mirroring for best possible performance
v1.1.2:
-Fixed a rare bug with the auto-downloader causing a force close
v1.1.1:
-Fixed a bug with the enable button
v1.1.0:
-Now includes auto-download support for required modules.
-New screen tells you if you have an accelerated kernel or not
-No longer requires custom kernel!
-Overscan now has percentage indicator
v1.08:
-Fixed a bug that prevented vSync from disabling after turning mirroring off and back on
v1.07:
-Fixed a bug with vSync
v1.06:
-Fixed a bug that prevented "auto save" from correctly saving
v1.05:
-Enabled users to enable/disable vSync
v1.04:
-Added notification while mirroring
v1.03:
-Fixed the Display Options page to not force close
-Now correctly saves your resolution and changes the resolution when selected

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: This doesn't work at all, what's wrong?
A: Check your cable!

For everyone experiencing flakey HDMI cable behavior, crashing or no video:

Blow all the dust and pocket lint out of your HDMI connector! Use a can of compressed air, the kind for electronics.(no moisture)

You may not realize it, but there's ~20 connections at 0.5mm pitch, all DIGITAL**, and many of them are dependent on one another, all inside that little connector.

Hope this helps you. Cheers!

**The signals go thru or they don't, unlike analog, which looks fuzzy or diminished colors, etc..

Q: What does overscan mean?
A: Overscan is for people's TV's that cut off the sides of the HDMI output. Increasing the overscan will slightly shrink the output so you can see everything with nothing being cut off.

Last edited:

CruzECO13

Jun 2, 2008
Thanks Shinzul :D Team Win!!! Great Job!!

Attachments

• snap20110310_022628.png
    snap20110310_022628.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 9,671
  • snap20110310_023411.jpg
    snap20110310_023411.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 9,365
Last edited:

deviouskater

Jun 11, 2010
Hi shinzu and teamwinl, thanks for hard work.

Im currently running nightly 6 cm7( First nightly with wimax)

Is there any preference version we should run. ex RC2 or recent Nightly.
Thanks again

bigant262

May 12, 2009
Just tried to flash it with Amon RA 2.2.1 and I got verification failed. Might just be me.

brokentoaster24

May 9, 2010
Kansas
Does this replace the current kernel in use? More specifically, will I lose savaged zen/sbc by flashing this?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone!

Full source code for the kernel changes can be found here.

If you are having issues getting it to work on Sense, flash this kernel: http://tinyw.in/05Y

For sense, you can use netarchy's latest build! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=719763

I put up a donate version of the app in the market. It is 100% IDENTICAL to the free version! And it will always stay that way! But I am getting tons of emails about where people can donate, so I figured this was the easiest way... so if you'd like to support #teamwin and what we do, feel free to buy the donate app! But please don't feel obligated to, and know that they literally are the exact same app (donate and free version) and they will always stay the same.

HDMwIn has been published to the market as a FREE APP! Go get it now: http://tinyw.in/NW (works on both sense AND cm7). If you previously installed the beta, uninstall it before you install the market version!

#teamwin is back again, this time supporting full HDMI mirroring on the evo! :p

Thanks to Dees_Troy for the video! :)

Standard disclaimer:
    Code:
    You are the only one responsible for your phone, #teamwin is not to be held liable for any harm that may come to your phone... not that we could harm your phone... we are teamwin!

Basic Instructions:
    1. Run the HDMwIn app
    2. Follow the instructions to install
    3. ???
    4. FREE BEER!

Bug List:

Fixed Bugs
    • No sound through HDMI on aosp (sound DOES work in sense)
      [*]Occasional screen flicker in full screen landscape mode
      [*]Occasionally when you switch from portrait to landscape or vice versa, it stops mirroring correctly. Just disable/re-enable mirroring and it will come right back.
      [*]HDMI output stops briefly sometimes when you background the app
      [*]The app doesn't really work in landscape mode :eek: (android layouts suck :))

Hope you guys enjoy!

Credit:
    All the members of #teamwin!
    Special thanks to the newest member of #teamwin, agrabren!
    Change Log:
    v1.2.5:
    -Fixed a bug with the resolution selection on sense.
    -Changed the auto-downloader to work much better.
    v1.2.4:
    -Fixed a bug that prevented the app from working with sense.
    v1.2.3:
    -MAJOR bug fix!
    v1.2.2:
    -Misc bug fixes
    v1.2.1:
    -Now includes support for controlling audio! (Even on CM7/AOSP!)
    -New Advanced Settings menu with new options!
    -New option enables you to keep the screen on all the time while mirroring
    -New option enables you to max your CPU clock speed while mirroring for best possible performance
    v1.1.2:
    -Fixed a rare bug with the auto-downloader causing a force close
    v1.1.1:
    -Fixed a bug with the enable button
    v1.1.0:
    -Now includes auto-download support for required modules.
    -New screen tells you if you have an accelerated kernel or not
    -No longer requires custom kernel!
    -Overscan now has percentage indicator
    v1.08:
    -Fixed a bug that prevented vSync from disabling after turning mirroring off and back on
    v1.07:
    -Fixed a bug with vSync
    v1.06:
    -Fixed a bug that prevented "auto save" from correctly saving
    v1.05:
    -Enabled users to enable/disable vSync
    v1.04:
    -Added notification while mirroring
    v1.03:
    -Fixed the Display Options page to not force close
    -Now correctly saves your resolution and changes the resolution when selected

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: This doesn't work at all, what's wrong?
    A: Check your cable!

For everyone experiencing flakey HDMI cable behavior, crashing or no video:

Blow all the dust and pocket lint out of your HDMI connector! Use a can of compressed air, the kind for electronics.(no moisture)

You may not realize it, but there's ~20 connections at 0.5mm pitch, all DIGITAL**, and many of them are dependent on one another, all inside that little connector.

Hope this helps you. Cheers!

**The signals go thru or they don't, unlike analog, which looks fuzzy or diminished colors, etc..

Q: What does overscan mean?
    A: Overscan is for people's TV's that cut off the sides of the HDMI output. Increasing the overscan will slightly shrink the output so you can see everything with nothing being cut off.
    thread reopened

all trolls have been noted and are being dealt with via moderation. thread cleaned. please report all trolls, a hammer is waiting :)
    thread cleaned

This thread has been cleaned. Please stay on topic and stop the arguing. XDA is not the place for such matters.

again... back on topic
    Update: I'm going to split the update into two phases. The first phase is just to deliver full Sense Gingerbread compatibility, since many of you are waiting for it. I'll also release an accelerated gingerbread sense kernel for those who want the full performance. Then, I'll go back and make the improvements we've been wanting to put in. So give me a day or two to get the GB Sense build stable and working.