DSLR Camera USB input

Search This thread

Didact74

Sep 2, 2010
Lake Shore, MD
Can anyone tell me if rooting will make this possible?

I want to be able to plug my DSLR camera directly into the USB on my Xoom and download the pictures. Is this possible if I root and use the new Tiamat Kernel?

Thanks,

Didact74

Sep 2, 2010
Lake Shore, MD
I have the adapter on the way. And yes, I didnt want to control it, only mount the CF card in the camera so I can access the pictures.

joeski27

Feb 24, 2011
Yeah the only way I've found to accomplish what you are trying to do was to use an external USB card reader, which (assuming you have rooted and performed the USB host hack) you can plug into the xoom (via adapter) and read the CF off of the card reader. In order for the camera to connect directly to the Xoom, I believe the Xoom would have to have drivers for the camera itself (though I could be wrong, but either way that method doesn't work as of now).

Didact74

Sep 2, 2010
Lake Shore, MD
Can someone walk me through how to mount mass storage? I am trying to hook up my camera so see the photos on the SD cardof the camera. I am rooted using the tiamat 1.4.0 kernel. I have hooked it up with my cable adapter and checked usbOTG, external, and sdcard2 but none of the files show up there. I rebooted and still nothing. Do I need to run a script fro it to show up?

Didact74

Sep 2, 2010
Lake Shore, MD
I have read the mounting USB storage thread and followed the directions exactly but I am having issues. I posted in that thread this same question but it doesnt seem to be getting any attention so I figured i would try the same question here as its all related. I am trying to access the CF card in mt camera but i cant get the script to work.

gscript continues to give a permission denied error everytime I run either script even though I have chmod'd all files and folders.

mount -o remount,rw /
mkdir /mnt/ntfsdisk
ln -s /mnt/ntfsdisk /ntfsdisk
ntfs-3g /dev/block/sda1 /mnt/ntfsdisk

scriptor says:
couldn't set local enviornment, using default {null}
failed to access /dev/block/sda1 please check dev/block/sda1 and the ntfs-3g binary permissions and the mounting user ID

do i need to do anything from the roebeet page if i am already running tiamat 1.4.0? All i did was follow the instructions from the first post of this thread.

I was able to plug in a 2gb thumb drive and see it under the OTG folder. Still no luck mounting a NTFS drive though.

I HAVE A WIFI XOOM

thanks,

Last edited:

kentedman

Mar 10, 2011
Salt Lake City
Can anyone tell me if rooting will make this possible?

I want to be able to plug my DSLR camera directly into the USB on my Xoom and download the pictures. Is this possible if I root and use the new Tiamat Kernel?

Thanks,

Buy an Eye-Fi card for your camera and download the eye-fi app for your xoom. once the two are paired, every new photo you take with your camera will appear on your xoom over wifi. No cables needed.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I don't think tethering a camera has been possible on any android device yet.

You can find a great app in the market called "DSLR Controller". Currently only works with Cannon DSLR and requires root, but allows full control and live preview of your camera right on your xoom. It's Awesome !