Search This thread

henryhu

Jul 21, 2010
New York
I'm trying to flash the OTA with CWM, and the assert
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "wingray" ||
       getprop("ro.build.product") == "wingray");
failed. I suspect that's caused by "stingray" here and there in /default.prop and other places in CWM.

I have flashed the original boot partition and I have checked all the asserts for patches, and I'm sure that they would not fail with "applypatch -c".

So is there any "wingray" version of CWM? So I can flash it and then maybe I can flash the OTA?

twofourturbo

Feb 23, 2011
Utah
393817_2780416303407_1048145141_32935989_514668829_n.jpg

Currently sitting in the same boat. I have a US Wifi Only Xoom sitting on HTK75D. I did have a custom kernel Installed which i removed my installing "update_US-Xoom-WiFi-3.2.1-HTK75D_stachre_v02.zip" which just installed the factory boot.img that removed the custom Tiamat kernel. Once there I attempted to install the OTA and receive your same Build.Prop Issue. I first attempted with CWR and then proceeded to Install the Tiamat Recovery that is available on http://www.droid-life.com/2012/01/1...eam-sandwich-we-have-a-flashable-zip-for-you/ and still in the same boat.
Hope we can figure this out and get some tasty ICS soon.

Last edited:

rmm989

Jan 13, 2012
Subscribed b/c I have the same problem, though I had the stock kernel. Also had problems getting it to boot into the CWM recovery vs the stock recovery, but when I'd get it into CWM, this is the error I'd get.

MeridianSun

Apr 3, 2011
Same here. And my Xoom was stock. I've never tried any mods until now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

henryhu

Jul 21, 2010
New York
Finally I gave up CWM and went to stock recovery.
I grabbed stock rom from

developer.motorola.com/products/software

"Build HWI69 for US Retail"
, extracted recovery.img,
and flashed recovery in fastboot mode to it.

Then I flashed the OTA in stock recovery and then flashed back CWM recovery...
Now it seems to work fine... I've gained root access again by flash su-install.zip...

drnoir

Oct 16, 2007
Mexico city
Finally I gave up CWM and went to stock recovery...

Now it seems to work fine... I've gained root access again by flash su-install.zip...

Did you use OTG or SD card for flashing the ICS OTA? Or maybe something more exotic you can share with us...:p

kerry_xu_cs

Feb 21, 2010
since you are using CWM recovery you can modify the OTA package without worrying the signature issue.

so,

1) extract the zip package to a folder.
2) open META-INF/com/google/android/
3) use any text editor you have to edit the updater-script file.
4) remove the assert statement
5) repack the folder into a zip package

then flash it with CWM recovery, and it will probably work

====
didn't see you following posts. nvm

Last edited:

megabiteg

Apr 13, 2010
USA
since you are using CWM recovery you can modify the OTA package without worrying the signature issue.

so,

====

Are you 100% sure that this will work fine?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

whatsamod

Apr 29, 2010
Finally I gave up CWM and went to stock recovery.
I grabbed stock rom from

developer.motorola.com/products/software

"Build HWI69 for US Retail"
, extracted recovery.img,
and flashed recovery in fastboot mode to it.

Was debating this, just wondering if it is worth the time and effort?

justinsch03

Jul 29, 2011

so,

====
For all those trying, this works!!!! Just flashed, no issues. Thanks kerry_xu_cs!

justinsch03

Jul 29, 2011
UPDATE

For all those trying, this works!!!! Just flashed, no issues. Thanks kerry_xu_cs!

make sure you delete from the semicolon after the mount section, all the way to the semicolon prior to the ui_print section...

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Can you upload your modified updater-script file?

don't have the ability to upload this file...may put on dropbox later on. just to sum it up though, this is what your first line should look like....

"mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/system", "/system");
ui_print("Verifying current system...");
show_progress(0.100000, 0);
assert(apply_patch_check("/system/app/ApplicationsProvider.apk",

megabiteg

Apr 13, 2010
USA
make sure you delete from the semicolon after the mount section, all the way to the semicolon prior to the ui_print section...

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

don't have the ability to upload this file...may put on dropbox later on. just to sum it up though, this is what your first line should look like....

"mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/system", "/system");

Then time to try it out again.... :D

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

kevinskocik

Mar 23, 2009

so,

====

Can also confirm this works.

whatsamod

Apr 29, 2010
Trying to figure out I missed, deleted as stated and still failing to load. Aborts the install any ideas

megabiteg

Apr 13, 2010
USA
I deleted the Cordy and DungeonDefenders apk & odex files, can someone post them, my install fails on the check

p2flol

Sep 8, 2010

so,

====

Worked flawlessly. Flashed via CWM.
TY

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-01-13-23-37-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-13-23-37-26.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 85

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the file that I modified and used sucessfully to flash in CWR 3.2.0.0 from my US WiFi Xoom 3.2.1 HTK75D to 4.0.3 IML77:

Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28227060/CWM_MODIFIED-tervigon-IML77-from-HTK75D.zip
    4Shared Mirror: http://www.4shared.com/zip/VNNIA0J2/CWM_MODIFIED-tervigon-IML77-fr.html

I had my HTK75D build completely stock with the exception of the Tiamat 2.1.0 kernel so I could overclock, so I needed to flash the stock Motorola/Google system and boot images. I used fastboot flash boot boot.img and fastboot flash system system.img from this thread to achieve that without needing to go all the way back to wiped clean stock ROM/stock recovery and that way I could upgrade my system and keep all of my apps and settings intact. I had to fastbook to stock 3.2 HTJ85B then OTA update to 3.2.1 HTK55D then OTA update to 3.2.1 HTK75D. Then fastboot flash recovery recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img from the Universal Xoom root thread and boot into CWM to flash the CWM_MODIFIED-tervigon-IML77-from-HTK75D.zip and now on IML77 =) Just needed to root it again with the Universal Xoom root.

so,

====
    UPDATE

After deleting those lines
    Code:
    assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "motorola/tervigon/wingray:3.2.1/HTK75D/190830:user/release-keys" ||
           file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "motorola/tervigon/wingray:4.0.3/IML77/239789:user/release-keys");
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "wingray" ||
           getprop("ro.build.product") == "wingray");

The update process runs on and stops at this line
    Code:
    assert(apply_patch_check("EMMC:/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/boot:8388608:4d118f55cf5e465440969c3abfd2266ff5786a4c:8388608:1c34fcebeae2dcc1c9bf552bdf875c3e7fd497e7"));

I don't know if the script tries to modify the boot loader, I'm not a Android expert at all, however IMO, it seems it's going to happen.

If I would remove those lines, too, the update script should run fine, I guess (FYI, I didn't continue here, I just looked into the script file for similar, tegra.3, lines):
    Code:
    ui_print("Patching boot image...");
    apply_patch("EMMC:/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/boot:8388608:4d118f55cf5e465440969c3abfd2266ff5786a4c:8388608:1c34fcebeae2dcc1c9bf552bdf875c3e7fd497e7",
                "-", 1c34fcebeae2dcc1c9bf552bdf875c3e7fd497e7, 8388608,
                4d118f55cf5e465440969c3abfd2266ff5786a4c, package_extract_file("patch/boot.img.p"));
    So can I remove this single line, too or will I encounter serious problems afterwards? E.g. no booting anymore?

Michael

Edit: I'm running ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0 and have chosen "apply update from sdcard" menu item...

EDIT: Don't remove those mentioned lines with tegra.3 as this will result in a boot loop as it did just here ;-(