[App] Google Voice Catcher for MIUI (updated 3/12/2011)

Search This thread

orobin

Feb 9, 2006
Lyon
Hi,

I tried it on MIUI 2.9 (samsung Galaxy note). it doesn't work.

I can't find it in the list of app, nor in the System/app folder.
I need to uninstall it, because it give me FC.

can you give me the location of the file, I will remove it manually ?
[EDIT] found it. removed.

thanks
Olivier

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: Version 1.1 is prettier and now launches straight to the Google Voice inbox without the delay from Version 1.0. :)

Here is a simple app I created that will allow Google Voice to be launched from the message icon on the MIUI lockscreen. I use it with this ROM here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=915527

Usage:
    1. Install the attached APK.
    2. Lock your phone.
    3. Unlock your phone from the MIUI lockscreen by swiping with the message icon on the right.
    4. In the "Complete action using" dialog, check "Use by default for this action" and select "Inbox"
    5. You're done! Now whenever your unlock your phone with the message icon, it should launch straight to the Google Voice inbox.

You may need to uninstall any previous versions of the app, since they were signed with the debug keys. To do so, navigate through the following:

Settings -> Programs -> Manage Applications -> Downloaded -> com.ayuforever.googlevoicecatcher -> Uninstall​

For anyone who's interested, the reason that Google Voice isn't available by default from the lockscreen message icon is that it doesn't have the intent filter for the "vnd.android-dir/mms-sms" mimetype. This app registers the needed intent filter and in turn launches the Google Voice app.
    I don't understand what means. You are making the messaging icon point at another process or app?

The messaging icon starts the activity for the default intent of the "vnd.android-dir/mms-sms" mimetype. While the stock messaging app and other apps like Handcent register this intent, the Google Voice app does not.

All this app does is register the necessary intent and then start Google Voice.

It doesn't do any sort of modding to the MIUI lockscreen at all.