[Kernel] ardatdat kernel v1.6 released [CWM] (2012-04-26)

Search This thread

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Req. Ardatdat can u tune sound output in this kernel same as 1.5 kernel?

i use poweramp + music volume eq app, it delivers super bass and clarity, but after flashing 1.6 bass and clarity of output is noticeably decreased.

Thanks alot.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

ardatdat

Jun 13, 2010
Travel around; but XDA x24
Req. Ardatdat can u tune sound output in this kernel same as 1.5 kernel?

i use poweramp + music volume eq app, it delivers super bass and clarity, but after flashing 1.6 bass and clarity of output is noticeably decreased.

Thanks alot.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't actually modified anything about 'sound' in this kernel. Maybe because I am re-basing using the new XWLA4 kernel. Let me see what can be done to patch the sound. :)

Reactions: amar1548 and xlm13x

amar1548

Feb 17, 2012
hoshiarpur
that's my score....................

it unblievable for me to jump 2800 to 3600............................ thanks ardat ........awesome kernal:D............................

Attachments

• screen_20120428_0818.jpg
    screen_20120428_0818.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 181

esteras

Apr 5, 2010
Barcelona
OnePlus 8T
authentication errors

I have authentication errors in my Facebook and Tweetcaster accounts after flash this kernel. If I return to 1.5 everything is ok, could be a kernel problem??? I did a Calvin Cache wipe but it seems that this doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks ardatdat.

ardatdat

Jun 13, 2010
Travel around; but XDA x24
I have authentication errors in my Facebook and Tweetcaster accounts after flash this kernel. If I return to 1.5 everything is ok, could be a kernel problem??? I did a Calvin Cache wipe but it seems that this doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks ardatdat.

It is strange. I am using facebook & twitter and both can login without problems :confused:

Reactions: Minns and amar1548

mhca

Jun 21, 2011

Thanks ardatdat.

Sounds strange.
Your date and time settings doesn't change to something strange when flashing?

I'm just asking because authentication can be bugged if one has the wrong date or time. I can't see why that should happen with 1.6 vs 1.5 though.

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Thank you ardatdat for giving us such a fast and smooth kernel, it's working like charm with GLX-R Rom..

Last edited:
M

m.kochan10

Enjoy your high scores my friends, when ICS come they'll be noticably lower ;)

M

m.kochan10

I didn't mean to be mean or ironic :) But I have never noticed equally high benchmark scores on my sgs2 (ics) comparing to my beloved sgr (GB). (Although I must admit that screen-scroll on stock ics is iphone like - smooth)

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
I didn't mean to be mean or ironic :) But I have never noticed equally high benchmark scores on my sgs2 (ics) comparing to my beloved sgr (GB). (Although I must admit that screen-scroll on stock ics is iphone like - smooth)

Nah I didn't mean that buddy, I have read about the scores going down after the update to ICS in S2.

This once more reinforces the fact that these scores aren't the defacto indicator of the performance of any handset. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, thanks all testers that have contributed a lot in testing the v1.6 beta kernel. Without your valuable feedback, v1.6 release will not be here.

Let me introduce the features of "The New Kernel" v1.6

1. Generally, smoother than all the previous versions (feedback from most of the beta testers)
    2. Stabilized the voltage & frequency setting such that the 'stock' voltage is used without affecting OC stability.
    3. As different machine's CPUs are different, OC to 1.35Ghz is not the most stable setting. Instead, 1.3Ghz will be the max.
    4. Remove some of the useless codes used in v1.5
    5. Re-base the whole kernel source from official XWLA4 kernel
    6. Add in support to read NTFS & CIFS file system
    7. Switch to use the SLUB allocator
    8. Fine tune the brightness control (brightness changes smoother than v1.5)
    9. Disable ipv6 (unless I am told to add it back)
    10. Keep the feature of measuring correct 3g/wifi data counter
    11. Makefile optimization
    12. Other minor bug fixes

Special thanks to: CyanogenMod, intersectRaven, pershoot, faux123 for their kernels and references.

Download link
    ==========

Updated: 2012-04-26
    Version: 1.6
    Flash method: CWM Recovery
    File: ardatdat_9103_kernel_v1.6.zip
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mbhkoo480r1n05t
    Mirror (115): http://115.com/file/dpu17w7b#ardatdat-9103-kernel-v1.6.zip
    MD5: 87EFA3E25E1AB17ADA9AAD650297E8C1

Finally, flashing any kernels or ROMs have risks! Flash at your own risk! You have been warned!

Previous Version
    ============
    You can refer this post for the previous version: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1418895
    Finally, v1.7b1, that integrates Voodoo Sound is ready for testing.

This time, I open it for public download such that more ppl could try it.

Change log
    ========

v1.7b1
    - Add Voodoo Sound v10 to the kernel!
    - Based on the newest Chinese ZCLD4 kernel source
    - Raise the charging current. Please report whether you get faster charging speed or not... :D
    - Please see the attachment in this post for the Voodoo Sound control panel, you can use it to adjust Voodoo Sound properties

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bga4dzubid3sbe2
    MD5: D39CE3485E82AC6F84B3301F8FD30F3D

SC20120502-225618.jpg
    SC20120502-225821.jpg
    when to wait for the new kernel?

First rule in XDA: don't ask for ETA ;)
    Could you give the github src please?

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA

See my github from my signature link! I am also trying to port 3.0.30 Kernel for R. I have almost ported
    /scripts and fixed up some compile warnings.

It will be useful if CM9 development for R starts.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium