Dirty Camera Lens I9505

Search This thread

abbaskip

Oct 6, 2010
First things first, this isn't the clear covering that comes on the back camera lens. That's long gone from my phone.

I have a few black specks that I assume just be on my camera lens, that appear on every photo that I take. They don't seem to move regardless of what I do.

Is there any way to easily take the main piece of glass off and possibly clean the lens with a cue tip or similar? Or is there any other approach anyone can think of?

abbaskip

Oct 6, 2010
First things first, this isn't the clear covering that comes on the back camera lens. That's long gone from my phone.

I have a few black specks that I assume just be on my camera lens, that appear on every photo that I take. They don't seem to move regardless of what I do.

Is there any way to easily take the main piece of glass off and possibly clean the lens with a cue tip or similar? Or is there any other approach anyone can think of?

Anybody?

Could be an issue with the cmos sensor the camera uses... If it's under warranty you might have it serviced.

Disasseble the phone like in the video and you can easily open the camera lens and clean it.

http://youtu.be/zm4f2XjQLAM?t=10m58s

Don't do this unless it's not under warranty. That WILL void your warranty. If you're not worried about that, then it's worth a shot. Otherwise I'd suggest contacting Samsung or taking it back to where you got it (if possible) and show them.

Reactions: abbaskip

abbaskip

Oct 6, 2010
So I don't think it's the CMOS censor. It's about 10 black specs of different shapes on all my photos

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disasseble the phone like in the video and you can easily open the camera lens and clean it.

Could be an issue with the cmos sensor the camera uses... If it's under warranty you might have it serviced.

Don't do this unless it's not under warranty. That WILL void your warranty. If you're not worried about that, then it's worth a shot. Otherwise I'd suggest contacting Samsung or taking it back to where you got it (if possible) and show them.