Bluetooth headphones + Coreplayer = no play control

Search This thread

Cret

Feb 15, 2008
Port Erin, IOM
I've got some Sony Ericsson DS-HBH970 bluetooth headphones which sound pretty good and are great for the convenience of non- cable tanglingness, and control of playback while the phone is in your pocket.

Problem is that I use coreplayer for listening to music on the phone, and when I use the play/pause, or next/previous track control it's doing it on the built in player in Touchflo, and not on coreplayer.

It's incredibly annoying as it means I can't control the player I'm actually using via bluetooth.

Any ideas how to change this?

Many thanks!
Jim

Last edited:

eyaeya

Jan 6, 2008
Same issue with Jabra BT3030.
I tried the advanced control plugin features in CorePlayer, for enabling WMP control support .. didn't worked.
Then tried AVRCP Agent (available on XDA, search the forum), which allows you to send command directly to the desired app (WMP, Coreplayer, GsPlayer)... didn't work either. Looks like HTC hardcoded AVRCP support into their player :-(((

I just hope some of the chefs here will comme with a little tweak...

Edit : It works !!! (see below, post #6)

Last edited:

Cret

Feb 15, 2008
Port Erin, IOM
Fingers crossed as this is mega irritating. Frankly I've been astounded at the quality of the audio on my HTC both via sennheisers, and sony ericsson bluetooth cans, but given that I only use coreplayer, and prefer the bluetooth phones for convenience it's a real pita!

eyaeya

Jan 6, 2008
Coreplayer working on TOuch HD with BT3030

I tried again tonight, and AVRCP just worked out of the box : play/pause, next, previous fast forwrd (double press)...
It works with Coreplayer in the foreground, or in the background...
I previously used AVRCP agent, but this time it wasn't enabled (maybe it changed some setting somewhere, and it was not meant to be always opened...). I have TFDetached enabled ; I started Coreplayer from the "regular" Today panel, but it still works when switching to TF3D !
If opened Coreplayer before switching on the BT3030 headset (previously paired).
Settings for Coreplayer :
- HTC Windows Media Player Mobile A2DP plugin : on (ticked)
- HTC WMP control plug-in : off (unticked)

Will try to find if that didn't came from another tweaked, but right now I can't think of something else I would have done...

Good luck guys !

Cret

Feb 15, 2008
Port Erin, IOM
This must sound really dumb but how do I run AVRCP?I got the zip and ran the exe file from it to install it but nothing seems tohave happened.

Sorry for being dense!

Cret

Feb 15, 2008
Port Erin, IOM
Well, I've had AVRCP running for a bit now but I just cannot get it to control Coreplayer by bluetooth instead of the headphones controlling the TF3 player instead.

There must be LOADS of people facing this problem since Coreplayer is near enough a staple application on winmo phones.

What am I doing wrong?

procee

Jan 29, 2008
I tried again tonight, and AVRCP just worked out of the box : play/pause, next, previous fast forwrd (double press)...
It works with Coreplayer in the foreground, or in the background...
I previously used AVRCP agent, but this time it wasn't enabled (maybe it changed some setting somewhere, and it was not meant to be always opened...). I have TFDetached enabled ; I started Coreplayer from the "regular" Today panel, but it still works when switching to TF3D !
If opened Coreplayer before switching on the BT3030 headset (previously paired).
Settings for Coreplayer :
- HTC Windows Media Player Mobile A2DP plugin : on (ticked)
- HTC WMP control plug-in : off (unticked)

Will try to find if that didn't came from another tweaked, but right now I can't think of something else I would have done...

Good luck guys !

for me it works not.... :(
i follow the settings above, but still WMP would be launched be pressing a button on my BT Headset
any solution?

Cret

Feb 15, 2008
Port Erin, IOM
Cheers mate - installed that and rebooted etc but it's still not working with Coreplayer.
It's stopping WMP from using the control but it's just not doing anything with coreplayer.

I've posted on that thread anyway.

Thanks for the link :)

oboejoe

May 30, 2009
Houston, TX
I've finally given up on CorePlayer. The latest version of Pocket Player 4.1 solves all of my Verizon HTC Touch Pro + Bluetooth problems.

Thanks to Pocket Player 4.1, I now have:

1. Full control of all of the buttons on my Motorola HT820.
2. Lossless flac and ape support.
3. A boost in volume. I set the default equalizer with the pre-amp at its maximum. With a press of a button on the headset, I can boost volume so that it is suitable for freeway speeds.
4. A persistent current playlist.

Goodbye CorePlayer. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Last edited:

MDavisiw

Mar 13, 2011
did anyone ever make progress on this? I need coreplayer for the .mp4 video functionality. I cant find any other player that play is (TCPMP is to laggy).