H3G UK 4G update when running custom ROMS

Search This thread

Mega Maniac

Feb 18, 2009
Hey,

So I'm on H3G in the UK and installed a custom ROM a few months back. When H3G rolled out 4G in London and Manchester (I'm in manc) I wasn't getting LTE even in the town centre.

Now on the H3G website it says that they will roll out a software update to switch the phone "on" for 4G, I'm guessing I don't have that as I'm running a custom ROM. Is there any way to get this update, or update any part of the phone such as the radio so it will receive 4G on H3G in the UK?

HTC One
H3G UK
ReVolt ROM 4.2.2
3.4.10 ReVolt Kernal
Baseband: 4A.17.3250.14_10.39.1150.04L

Mega Maniac

Feb 18, 2009
It was already on GSM/LTE auto, and I'm guessing that the ROM would be set to this?

It also just seems to switch back to GSM/LTE auto even is I change it to the one with CDMA.

Either way I don't think its going to allow me to connect like that :/

Mega Maniac

Feb 18, 2009
Maybe just wait till they push it and have someone dump it and see what it is. Might be as simple as a new APN....

That's what I was hoping for out of this topic, they started pushing 4G to London, Manchester, B'ham and Reading in mid December, so its in the wilds, but there is nothing online that I can find relating to it.

Is there any way to "capture" an OTA update as it comes in?

And has anyone reading this got the update already?

I guess being in UK, and on H3G, and the limited roll out really narrows the number of members here who might have it :/

Edit: I have just read that the December roll out was only to 3000 select customers (they REALLY like the number 3), basically a beta (for people who dont just hang up on the marketing team), and the major roll out happens in Feb. Perhaps I was being a bit eager :'(

Last edited:

cr1960

May 15, 2007
Melbourne
That's what I was hoping for out of this topic, they started pushing 4G to London, Manchester, B'ham and Reading in mid December, so its in the wilds, but there is nothing online that I can find relating to it.

Is there any way to "capture" an OTA update as it comes in?

And has anyone reading this got the update already?

I guess being in UK, and on H3G, and the limited roll out really narrows the number of members here who might have it :/

Edit: I have just read that the December roll out was only to 3000 select customers (they REALLY like the number 3), basically a beta (for people who dont just hang up on the marketing team), and the major roll out happens in Feb. Perhaps I was being a bit eager :'(

who can blame you.

you're not alone either: http://blog.three.co.uk/2013/12/04/4g-is-rolling-out-on-three/

Mega Maniac

Feb 18, 2009

Haha, it is a slow rollout, but my speeds on DC-HSDPA are already faster than my home internet (which itself is a bit ****, as I'm in flats) at around 5Mbps. I have been on all the networks and in my experience it blows all of the rest out of the water, when 4G finally gets here, for free, completely unlimited and (on The One Plan) including tethering I cant see there being any other choice for a heavy internet user.

Mega Maniac

Feb 18, 2009
LTE got switched on for me today, no updates of any kind needed.

So for those out there on H3G running custom ROMs, its just a waiting game, as soon as H3G flip the switch in your area it will start working. Speedy too :)