does nexus 7 2013 ( wifi version ) support 3G modem through OTG

Search This thread

unknownyello

Aug 17, 2008
you cant auto detect as the pantech will not be /dev/ttyUSB
you manually set it to this in pppwidget
/dev/ttyACM0

then it should work

I might be on a different rom, but I do not see /dev/ttyACM0 with root explorer. I have many ttyx (x represent a number from 1 - 90) and ttyHSL0 and ttyHSL1. I have tried it with both the ttyHSL and both still shows me "no driver found". Did you have to make any other changes in ppp widget?

Thanks for helping me so far. Much appreciated.

userdelroot

Aug 7, 2010
Florida
I might be on a different rom, but I do not see /dev/ttyACM0 with root explorer. I have many ttyx (x represent a number from 1 - 90) and ttyHSL0 and ttyHSL1. I have tried it with both the ttyHSL and both still shows me "no driver found". Did you have to make any other changes in ppp widget?

Thanks for helping me so far. Much appreciated.

do you have a blinking light on the pantech?
if not you need an otg + power female / male on one end mirco usb on other.
i had to power mine as the device did not. once plugged in i got blinking blue light on pantech then /dev/ttyACM0 wil be present

unknownyello

Aug 17, 2008
do you have a blinking light on the pantech?
if not you need an otg + power female / male on one end mirco usb on other.
i had to power mine as the device did not. once plugged in i got blinking blue light on pantech then /dev/ttyACM0 wil be present

Mine starts off blinking green, then blinking blue, then solid blue.

I have turned off WiFi, installed supersu instead of the built-in superuser. I have made changes in ppp widget to the apn = vzwinternet, cdma = #777, turned off automatic detection.

Did you had to download and extra modules from the ppp widget forum?

***update*** switch to a different cable and I was able to detect the device and the ttyACM0 was available. I'm now at the point where it dialing then disconnect. Did you have to input the apn, username, password, and change it to cdma?

Thanks,

Last edited:

hayabusa_ryu

Aug 27, 2008
I'm getting "No Driver found Error" for my Sierra 598u which is an unlocked device. I get Vendor ID =1199 but product id = 0028 which I should be getting as 0025. Both the EVDO and Power lights for my device blink in the start but then switch off after 2 seconds getting error "No Driver found". What can be the problem? How to install its driver?

userdelroot

Aug 7, 2010
Florida
Mine starts off blinking green, then blinking blue, then solid blue.

I have turned off WiFi, installed supersu instead of the built-in superuser. I have made changes in ppp widget to the apn = vzwinternet, cdma = #777, turned off automatic detection.

Did you had to download and extra modules from the ppp widget forum?

***update*** switch to a different cable and I was able to detect the device and the ttyACM0 was available. I'm now at the point where it dialing then disconnect. Did you have to input the apn, username, password, and change it to cdma?

Thanks,

the dial code is wrong for 4g pantech
if you set the APN for the device in windows it saves it to dial spot 3
*99***3#
use that instead of #777

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app