[Q] Help - Moto X Dev Edition - Bootloop

Search This thread

jameskirl

Dec 15, 2013
Brain melting and need some help.

Moto X Dev Edition GSM - XT1053
Bootloader Unlocked and Rooted
TWRP installed but no recover image :crying:

I took the OTA 4.4.2 update via OTA and now am stuck in bootloop.

What are my best options to solve this.
I have pictures and videos i am worried about deleting.

thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

alpha-niner64

Mar 7, 2011
Send it in for Warranty. Really. Or...you have a NAND flasher then just write Zeroes and use the SBF to create a new .bin

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steve-x

jameskirl

Dec 15, 2013
Send it in for Warranty. Really. Or...you have a NAND flasher then just write Zeroes and use the SBF to create a new .bin

Really?
I was hoping i could use the Motorola Factory Image flash
Or worse case use the Android Factory restore but was worried that would delete video

I contacted Moto Help and they advised to do a partition wipe cache and factory data reset

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2010
Suwanee, GA
You can re-flash the rom using rsdlite. The stock rom can be downloaded via Motorola.com. If you use rsd with twrp recovery, you do have to make a tiny tweak (i.e. delete getvar line) to the downloaded rom file. This flashing process can also be done via adb or via the motoxtoolkit without the tweak but this method requires all files to be flashed one at a time which is more time consuming. If any of this seems Greek you, you can Google it or pm me and I can help you. it is very simple to do and there are lots of guides online. I used a youtube video that showed me where to delete the getVar line. this method does not delete the files on the device.

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: jameskirl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can re-flash the rom using rsdlite. The stock rom can be downloaded via Motorola.com. If you use rsd with twrp recovery, you do have to make a tiny tweak (i.e. delete getvar line) to the downloaded rom file. This flashing process can also be done via adb or via the motoxtoolkit without the tweak but this method requires all files to be flashed one at a time which is more time consuming. If any of this seems Greek you, you can Google it or pm me and I can help you. it is very simple to do and there are lots of guides online. I used a youtube video that showed me where to delete the getVar line. this method does not delete the files on the device.

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app