[ROM] Custom Rom - ICS@BLUE_V01 - only for enabled SDE !

Search This thread

HTC-TVN

Aug 18, 2009
Could be a coincidence, but i'm having the same experience....
Sometimes i'm holding my breath (on moment i would normally freeze), but then it comes back. No real freezes!

filnirv

Mar 10, 2012
Hi my friend

When can we expect a new release?
And many thanks again

Filnirv

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk

Rmaier14

Mar 14, 2012
Wernberg
Problems with internal Ram

with a new archos frimware !

Hi, Friends, sorry for my english,
I've a Archos 101 G9 with internal 250 Gb HDD, FW 4.05 from Archos, ICS@Blue_V01 rooted.
My Probs the HDD have 221GB free, i can't swap parts of the apps to sdcard,
i've 611 Mb free Ram and i can't install any App, error message, there is no free space,

can anyone help me, thanks

karenax

Jan 4, 2012
I've a Archos 101 G9 with internal 250 Gb HDD, FW 4.05 from Archos, ICS@Blue_V01 rooted.
i've 611 Mb free Ram and i can't install any App, error message, there is no free space,

apps are installed on internal memory, no in HDD.
its a big probleme of hdd version ...

gen_scheisskopf

Feb 22, 2009
Poznań
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (2021)

-free ram has nothing to do with installing apps
-system was not designed to use apps2sd (Android native)
-you can free some space- for some apps you can store data/cache on SD card, you can check in settings if it's possible (HDD is seen as SD card in system)

How many apps do you have installed btw? Even after custom firmware installation you still should have ~1GB available space

Rmaier14

Mar 14, 2012
Wernberg
Problems with free space with internal ram

-free ram has nothing to do with installing apps
-system was not designed to use apps2sd (Android native)
-you can free some space- for some apps you can store data/cache on SD card, you can check in settings if it's possible (HDD is seen as SD card in system)

How many apps do you have installed btw? Even after custom firmware installation you still should have ~1GB available space

thanks, i have installed 178 apps (incl. system-Apps)
since update from 3.2.80 to 4.0.5 i can't see the point to move cache to SD-Card
i'm a newb put i think, that it must be possible to mount with fstab a part of the HDD for the cache, or ?

filnirv

Mar 10, 2012
Hi my friend

When can we expect a new update?

Many thanks

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk

Apr 22, 2012
Hey

I have some doubts that my installation is 100% ok.
Maybe you can have a look:

- i pushed the ROM to the device
adb push archos.ext4.update /data/media
2432 KB/s (367001600 bytes in 147.363s)

- i restarted into SDE and replaced the kernel files - no problems

- i had no option to "remove android kernel" <= this could be a problem, coultn't it

- i restarted and the BLUE logo/animation appeared

- System told me that there are 32 apps that need to be prepared

- System started and i restarted immediately

Now the problem is:
- i cannot see any busybox installed
- i cannot see the BLUE background immage

System tells me:
Software Version
4.0.5 (Android 4.0.3)
Boot Version
Unbekannt / 5.05.000003 - C0x01
Baseband Version
Unbekannt
Build-Nummer
ICS@4.0.5_OC

Could someone please verify if this is how it should be?
Or could someone please tell me how i could check if i have root or not :)
UPDATE:
in the meantime i tried to install busybox "by hand" and it tells me that i don't have root.

I believe something is wrong :)

Last edited:
Reactions: surdu_petru

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hey

I have some doubts that my installation is 100% ok.
Maybe you can have a look:

- i pushed the ROM to the device
adb push archos.ext4.update /data/media
2432 KB/s (367001600 bytes in 147.363s)

- i restarted into SDE and replaced the kernel files - no problems

- i had no option to "remove android kernel" <= this could be a problem, coultn't it

- i restarted and the BLUE logo/animation appeared

- System told me that there are 32 apps that need to be prepared

- System started and i restarted immediately

Now the problem is:
- i cannot see any busybox installed
- i cannot see the BLUE background immage

System tells me:
Software Version
4.0.5 (Android 4.0.3)
Boot Version
Unbekannt / 5.05.000003 - C0x01
Baseband Version
Unbekannt
Build-Nummer
ICS@4.0.5_OC

Could someone please verify if this is how it should be?
Or could someone please tell me how i could check if i have root or not :)
UPDATE:
in the meantime i tried to install busybox "by hand" and it tells me that i don't have root.

I believe something is wrong :)

HI!

..if you have problem ....you need first ->format device : into SDE -> Format System ->Reformat Device -> I Understand -> Ok ! and copy here original firmware 4.0.5 firmware_archos_it4.aos;
...now copy ICS@BLUE in Internal Storage and go to SDE -> Recovery System -> Developer Edition Menu -> Remove Android Kernel -> I Understand -> OK ! --> Developer Edition Menu -> Flash Kernel & Initramfs - > copy here zImage and initramfs -> OK ! ...wait for reboot !!! that it's all - ....should be work very well now . Good luck .:rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi , greeting everyone !

I am pleased to present my new Custom Rom - ICS@BLUE_V01 ( Beta) - based on Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.5(4.0.3)...

This release is permanently Rooted, it's Deodexed...and also Busybox is already installed !

Included : 25/03/12

- new boot animation;
    - battery percentage, and other new Icon;
    - several applications in addition ( Office Free, Root-Browser free, Terminal , Chrome_Beta, FaceLock and ....++);
    - enabled init.d for run scripts ;
    - windows animations;
    - increase sdcard speed;
    - zipaling for all apk in /data/app/*;

In the near future :

- preinstalling V6_Supercharger;
    - enabled FaceLock ;
    - other stuff to improve performance ;
    - update ....

How to install :

Since version 4.0.5 - now we have an alternative to transfer ( file -> archos.ext4, archos.ext4.update, archos.squashfs ) into device.
    Once I entered into SDE , to transfer file archos.ext4.update in Internal Storage ...now we need to choose : Export Data Partition <=> /data ....and for 8G & 16G -> just we need to copy this file into /media directory ! ( Precaution : - choose Export Data Partition only when you are connected to a desktop/laptop running Ubuntu ! - otherwise Windows will ask for formatting the partition ....and if you choose YES, than you'll lose all into device, equivalent with ReFormat Device ! )
    After this step ....we need choose into SDE -> Flash Kernel and Initramfs - to copy here zImage and initramfs !

But we can flash this Custom Rom as usual if you have windows PC ( copy archos.ext4.update into Internal Storage or /data/media/ or /mnt/storage/) - than into SDE -> choose Flash Kernel and Initramfs -> here you need to copy zImage and initramfs !

For beginners : you can find installation details here ! => Thanks @Shano56 => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1542058

The file you need to install : ICS@BLUE_V01 (Beta) is in archive ICS@BLUE_V01.zip and you can download for free here ==>> https://hotfile.com/dl/150205007/141675e/ICSBLUE_V01.zip.html

zImage and Initramfs have not been modified, then you can download from here => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1560211

After installation requires a reboot ( to enable all the stuff !!! ).

Unfortunately this project remains currently in the beta ! I have a lot of work to it...but I hope to come back with an update a little more gratifying !!!
    On the other hand I think is pretty good move, and you can use it without FC or any error ! I tested almost all functions and respond well to all ( of course not yet Games and other .+++) .

ICS@BLUE in pictures :

Bootanimation :
    98035081134283094913.jpg

( Not need to install : Superuser.apk and BusyBox.apk from the Market - they are already installed and updated , latest : Superuser - v.3.0.7(41), busybox - v1.19.3, su - v3.0.3.2 )

This Custom Rom works also on HDD model !

THANKS to @djnilse for Root_Browser Free Edition and for future collaboration, and not least the Great Master LeTama for your help !!! :D

With respect,
    surdu_petru
    How to check if init.d works on every boot and if all apk into /data/app/* were zipaligned with function zipalign ?

To have self control I added a text file into /data/app/ => named "zip_align.txt" ...you can open it with Root-Browser and take a look into it .....you'll see began operation time , state applications directory /data/app/ and End date of operation !
    THANKS !!!!
    i waiting the DL files

For the buzz in FRANCE : http://www.jbmm.fr/?p=27340
    this looks awesome! downloading once my tablet is fixed!
    this looks awesome! downloading once my tablet is fixed!

Hi!

I hope tomorrow will be ok ! Thanks :rolleyes: