[Q] best headphones for galaxy nexus

Search This thread

Ninkul

Jul 5, 2010
Beats Tours are hands down the best in ear headphones on the market

Sent from my i9250 (GSM) Galaxy Nexus.
Phazenine@Twitter

I really, really don't want to bump this thread since you already just necromanced it but i'm a snobby audiophile and i'm going to say no. You're really better off with any other in-ear monitor from a brand reputable for sound quality and not fashion. The Tours aren't bad but there's much better for money.

www.head-fi.org
See: In-Ear Monitor Forum

mgibson713

Sep 23, 2009
I use the Klipsch Image S4A. Only about $99 and way better audio quality than any other in-ear that I have used, which includes Bose and Beats, the latter being by far the worst price/performance.

The Image S4A are the same as the S4 but come with in-line controls, which are controlled by a Klipsch app you download from the market.

Love them.

Last edited:

davidstech11

Jun 17, 2011
CA
I use the Klipsch Image S4A. Only about $99 and way better audio quality than any other in-ear that I have used, which includes Bose and Beats, the latter being by far the worst price/performance.

The Image S4A are the same as the S4 but come with in-line controls, which are controlled by a Klipsch app you download from the market.

Love them.

If you like Klipsch S4 the X10(i) are a nice step up. They used to be about $350 but have come down some. These sound great. For in-ear, I also have Beats, Bose and the stock that came with it. But hands down my Bose and X10 sound better than the stock. For over the ear, I got the Beats Pro which are built really well and solid. The sound is fine. No complaints.
Of course there's a whole bunch of options out there. A lot of great sounding and not so great sounding choices. There's something for everyone though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

psycho2097

Nov 1, 2010
Raleigh
One more vote for the image s4. i bought these in Jan,2011 for 80$(very steep considering all my earlier headphones were <20$). Havent regretted it once. They sound somewhat better on my Galaxy S than my GN, but its pretty good nonetheless. Only downside is, these will spoil you for life on headphones,nothing below 100$ beats these. NOTHING.
Even if you were not an audiophile b4, you will be after owning these!!

I use a m6p-bk as backup and a cheap JVC harx500 for my laptop/tv(freakishly long cable).

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

is the sms street by50 any good or just bloated overpriced **** like the beats ones?How about the soul sl99? i m lookin 2 replace my s4....

Last edited:

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal

Phazenine@Twitter

WTF? Are you serious? I think anything BEATS is crap. I returned my set of Detox BEATS because i thought they'd sound better than my Sennheiser HD598...but hell naw! The Detox sounded like butt.

Headphones: Sennheiser > Beats

Earbuds: Shure SE535 > anything

Dictate

Mar 3, 2011
I'm a huge fan of Etymotic for overall accuracy. Those who enjoy heavy bass may not like them, and the depth in which most of their IEMs insert can also be invasive at first. They are, hands down, the best passive isolating IEMs I've ever used.

I use the HF2s with Monster supertips (Probably the only thing I'd ever buy Monster branded) for better fit, however I also have experience with the older ER6is. I may be picking up a pair of MC5s to demo as well.

psycho2097

Nov 1, 2010
Raleigh
Any help here?
Is the sms street by50 any good or just bloated overpriced **** like the beats ones?How about the soul sl99/49? i m lookin 2 replace my s4....

pwnasaurus

Dec 24, 2011
I actually think stock earphones are quite good. Do you have the phone already? If not I would wait and test the stock ones before spending even more money. If you have Nexus already then I'm just curious what you don't like about them?

Are you kidding me? The stock earphones are absolute ****. What don't I like about the them? The sound quality is absolutely abysmal.

j.go

Nov 18, 2010
I'm a huge fan of Etymotic for overall accuracy. Those who enjoy heavy bass may not like them, and the depth in which most of their IEMs insert can also be invasive at first. They are, hands down, the best passive isolating IEMs I've ever used.

I use the HF2s with Monster supertips (Probably the only thing I'd ever buy Monster branded) for better fit, however I also have experience with the older ER6is. I may be picking up a pair of MC5s to demo as well.

I love my ER6is. Considering they're one of the best bang-for-buck earphones around, I'm surprised they aren't mentioned more often. But I suspect people like me who prefer the clean flat response of etymotic are more of an exception than the rule.

bbbacon

Jan 31, 2012
For In-Ear-Monitors, I will have to put in another vote for Etymotics. I have a pair of the ER6's and a pair of the ER4P's. Both offer excellent sound quality and great isolation.

For Open Cans, my vote has to go to Grado. I have a set of SR80's that I use at work. At home I have a pair of 325i's that are fantastic as well, but I use them with an external DAC and home built tube amp. I have yet to pair the 325i's with my GN, although I have a 1/4" to 1/8" converter in case I have the "need". As with all open cans, there is absolutely NO isolation for you or your neighbors on public transportation.

Dictate

Mar 3, 2011
For In-Ear-Monitors, I will have to put in another vote for Etymotics. I have a pair of the ER6's and a pair of the ER4P's. Both offer excellent sound quality and great isolation.

For Open Cans, my vote has to go to Grado. I have a set of SR80's that I use at work. At home I have a pair of 325i's that are fantastic as well, but I use them with an external DAC and home built tube amp. I have yet to pair the 325i's with my GN, although I have a 1/4" to 1/8" converter in case I have the "need". As with all open cans, there is absolutely NO isolation for you or your neighbors on public transportation.

I think jumping from the nice flat and accurate etys to colorful grados would be a bit of a change. Hell, going from my hf2s to my hd555s is a huge difference. Definitely want to try some grados, however, they can be a bit difficult to find in Canada.

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

psycho2097

Nov 1, 2010
Raleigh
If you're looking for a good upgrade for your s4's, go with the s10i. You won't regret it.

so i cheaped out, but got a decent deal nonetheless. MEElectronics cc51 for 29.99 @ Newegg(deal going on, regular price is 49.99). These are reportedly excellent earphones, with pretty good bass n awesome ceramic construction, with inline remote and mic. Deal valid till 18th Apr(today). I read a lot of reviews on these, sound quality is purportedly better than the s4(supposedly, i dont think anything can be better! :D) and on par with shure se215s. Get it while still hot.

Plus i have 2 day shoprunner!!! WIN!:):):):)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have recently got into headphones over the past year. My current favorite headphones to use with my Gnex are the V-Moda M-80's. They sound amazing and they are low powered so the Gnex has no problems driving them. They are high quality and every way from the sound to the build quality. The cable is wrapped in kevlar which is unheard of in a headphone, especially one thats not that expensive (approx $200). Another cool thing about the cable is that its removable in case it ever gets damaged. They actually include 2 cables with the M-80's and both have mic's and volume controls. 1 is for android phones and the other is for apple devices so if you still use a ipod you will have cord controls for that too. Which is nice.

Like i said earlier i have got into headphones recently and since than i have learned how amazing headphone amps are. I pair my M-80's with a portable amp called the PA2V2 (Pocket amp 2 Ver 2) and i have never heard music sound so good from a mobile device. The amp really isnt necessary but it adds so much to the quality of the music.

Check out the reviews on the M-80's on Head-Fi. Head-Fi is the place to go to check out reviews on head-phone before you by them. Sound quality is their #1 priority, everything else comes after and style is probably the last thing they consider when reviewing headphones. But it just so happens the M-80's look sweet.

Here's a link the imformation page on the PA2V2 amp i mentioned. You can look up reviews on Head-Fi for it as well. The guy that make this amp is awesome. If you decide to by one email him 1st instead of buying from his ebay page. He will probably give you the option to buy it for around $60 shipped and if you tell him what headphones you plan to use with them. He will even adjust the gain for you to match your headphones. thats easy to do but for newb's its a nice thing. There are smaller amps out there by a company called Fiio but you will eventually want a more powerful amp once you start listening to high quality headphones. Fiio makes a lot of nice amps also but the more powerful ones can be pricey.

If the M-80's are out of your price range check out V-Moda's Crossfade Lp's. Those are over the ear so they'll be bigger then the M-80's but you can get those around 100's on amazon and they are also a awesome set of cans.

And if that is still too much check out the Grado sr60i's

I dont really use earbuds so i cant suggest any of those. My last word of advice is take your time. You want the best sound w the budget you can afford.

Ps. I also agree that Beats are terrible and you should avoid them.
    Beats by Dre are, at best, £40 headphones masquerading as £150+ ones, purely because of branding.

Phazenine@Twitter

A lot of people on Amazon would disagree. I've played with some Beats headphones and Ill be honest, I think it's all hype.
    Lmao at beats being the best on the market. Wow

I'm currently using the a jays one+ so far so good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2