[ROM][DISCONTINIUED FOR VIVOW] ~~ SenseMOD FlashONE v2.2 PUBLIC BETA~~ [HTC Kernel 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
DON'T INSTALL ROM

Heads up. Screenshot.apk/classes.dex was detected as "Trojan program HEUR:Trojan.AndroidOS.Plangton.a" by Kaspersky (on my computer while downloading the ROM)

False positive for fishy stuff? Anyone care to explain?

EDIT POST: VERY FISHY STUFF! DO NOT INSTALL ROM!

http://www.mobiantivirus.org/styled/styled-7/index.html
"Ten applications have been taken from official Google Android Market following a notification that contains a new type of malware, Plankton Android Trojan." So this is serious.

Devs, remove the offending Screenshot.apk app... Btw, doesn't 4.0 have screenshot built in...?

What does this mean?

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
Thanks for the clarification I did read, but didn't understand. I installed this today, had zip on SD and a back up with the screen shot app installed and was worried

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
Thank god I set NOTHING up so I'm safe. I think the dev may need a ban. Hopefully not done on purpose.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
Uh, ??? Read up the link. I detected the screenshot.apk to have a trojan than has been shown to read personal info like bookmarks, browsing history and keystrokes... I hope that is shocking enough...

is it only this roms screenshot apk? what about the screenshot apk in the other ics roms?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda premium
never mind..just checked..my other roms dont have a screenshot apk..

Floatshow

Jun 24, 2011
Toulouse
Well i say it again and again, we work on it so that we fix the bugs. But we only own one device, so we can't test on other devices.
We rely on you to get this totally working.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

antdog24

Nov 9, 2011
North Jersey
Like i said earlier. Using Aeroevan's ICS 9 kernel fixed wifi but broke data. not sure if that tells you anything but its obviously kernel related.

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
Like i said earlier. Using Aeroevan's ICS 9 kernel fixed wifi but broke data. not sure if that tells you anything but its obviously kernel related.

the bcm module from primadonna for the inc2 isnt correct, so wifi wont work using it (and this rom is primadonna based)

to use the cm9 kernel, the ril libs would need to be replaced to match

Reactions: hightech316

antdog24

Nov 9, 2011
North Jersey
the bcm module from primadonna for the inc2 isnt correct, so wifi wont work using it (and this rom is primadonna based)

to use the cm9 kernel, the ril libs would need to be replaced to match

Stuck between a rock and a hard place here then, because I know Aero's kernel isn't stable with the sense 4 roms so moving to that is probably more headache than its worth for working wifi and we have to wait for the virtuous team to fix the vivow version of their kernel I guess... Does it appear they are doing any updates to vivow?

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
This is the sickest, most awesome installation process evah!!! But it took a quite a while longer than installing AOKP... Is it because of all the sense bloat?

Btw, OP... since you said you used that Screenshot app a lot, I recommend changing your passwords and ensuring all ur accounts are intact and unhacked/exploited just to make sure! :)

Cheers!

I kinda like it. Camera is broke, WiFi is broke. Once this comes to par with AOKP, (even if camera is not fixed) I will consider it a Daily Driver. I kinda like sense a little... Stock ICS seems "sterile"... Sense makes it feel a bit better and this version of Sense is cleaner and not fugly like Sense 2.1... Looking forward to a more stable ROM... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Floatshow

murat408

Apr 22, 2012
I have a DINC 2 and i flashed your SenseMOD_FlashONE_v1.2.

-Softkey's lights are not working.
-WIFI gives error. No WIFI.
-No option for GSM service (I can get signal from my local GSM Operator with selecting GSM Only from Phone menu by *#*#4636#*#* but i can't find an option for APN setup)
-Camera is not working.
-No USB mount.

I want to help you for this project, If you want me to check sth for a DINC2 working on GSM please let me know.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4123551
    DROPPED SUPPORT FOR VIVOW.

As we do not feel comfortable anymore in these forums, we will definately drop support for the Incredible 2.
    We were wanting to give you more then a fully working one V port (such as a full sense 4 port), but since we have the feeling the community doesnt want us here, we will leave Inc2 forums.

Sirencely,
    djpbx, Floatshow, htc-phones.
    DROPPED SUPPORT FOR VIVOW.

As we do not feel comfortable anymore in these forums, we will definately drop support for the Incredible 2.
    We were wanting to give you more then a fully working one V port (such as a full sense 4 port), but since we have the feeling the community doesnt want us here, we will leave Inc2 forums.

Sirencely,
    djpbx, Floatshow, htc-phones.
    Here's the Kernel 3.0 update for FlashONE.
    Currently the ROM is in public beta, so let the logcats flow this way! (dont forget we dont have the device ;))

Enjoy!

your entire vivow specific files are ripped right from UKB 3.5 and the boot.img is as well...and the build.prop is the same except modded to say ur rom and remove my goo.im updater lines

i dont mind if you take your inc2 fixes/boot.img from UKB but the fact that you dont credit me for that or even mention/link the rom isnt cool

i realize its hard to support a rom w/o the phone, but if you had just pm-ed me and asked for the fixes i would have been glad to say its fine, or if you at least credited me/linked back to UKB like i ask those to do in the op of that rom it would be fine as well
    Still no GSM menu. :( Are you working on it?

Here's an idea, use a rom that is known to have.GSM working and stop asking for it on this Rom 10 Times a week
    Re-opening this thread as the OPs have uploaded a new version. Thanks for your patience!