Wtf its not rooting?

Search This thread

LocDeMty

Feb 13, 2013
I just tried rooting my phone and it keeps saying unable to copy the file on everything and it`´s not permitted.... I tried rooting with some old guides I found because I was checking my phone and I´m still on android version 4.03 and builder number 1.85...it would just not do anything not It´s not letting me install any kind of apps in the app store, but everything else is working. So i tried the 2.02 version and it doesn´t give me the 11111111 code at the end. Is there something wrong with the phone or could it be the drivers? All the guides I found gave the drivers that installed them on their own.
Also could it be that I´m in mexico and the phone was sent from the us? its the at&t one. I´m so lost now that I had the guts to root it. -.-

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
I just tried rooting my phone and it keeps saying unable to copy the file on everything and it`´s not permitted.... I tried rooting with some old guides I found because I was checking my phone and I´m still on android version 4.03 and builder number 1.85...it would just not do anything not It´s not letting me install any kind of apps in the app store, but everything else is working. So i tried the 2.02 version and it doesn´t give me the 11111111 code at the end. Is there something wrong with the phone or could it be the drivers? All the guides I found gave the drivers that installed them on their own.
Also could it be that I´m in mexico and the phone was sent from the us? its the at&t one. I´m so lost now that I had the guts to root it. -.-

You will have to use the 1.85 method which is best. To use the 2.20 method you would need to download the 2.20 update. But best to use the 1.85 method I think. I'll see about fetching a link.

Here ya go. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1709296

I do not suggest rooting/unlocking bootloader If it seems too difficult.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

LocDeMty

Feb 13, 2013
I don¨t understand the su and adb thing it asks me... I saw in a post that there is still a one click rooter, which is what I was using and I get the error of
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

DON'T TOUCH THE DEVICE OR UNPLUG WHILE ROOTING!
PUSH FILES
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/data/local/busybox': Permission denied
failed to copy 'su' to '/data/local/su': Permission denied
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/data/local/Superuser.apk': Permission denied

Unable to chmod /data/local/busybox: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
failed on '/data/local/tmp' - Permission denied
link failed File exists

REBOOT
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: Permission denied
AGAIN REBOOT

I get a longer message, but it goes too fast and closes the cmnd window....I will be trying the going to the future for 2 days lol see if that does anything

a box of kittens

Jan 24, 2013
san fran california
You will have to use the 1.85 method which is best. To use the 2.20 method you would need to download the 2.20 update. But best to use the 1.85 method I think. I'll see about fetching a link.

Here ya go. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1709296

I do not suggest rooting/unlocking bootloader If it seems too difficult.

The 2.20 root will work on any of them...it exploits the same thing ...

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I don¨t understand the su and adb thing it asks me... I saw in a post that there is still a one click rooter, which is what I was using and I get the error of

The 1.85 one-click method no longer works (hasn't for a long time). The one linked by exad above is the only working method that is specific to 1.85.

But as stated by kittens above, the X-factor exploit not only works on 2.20, but should also work on previous firmwares. Try either the toolkit, or the "manual" X-factor method.

If you don't understand what SU and adb are, you probably shouldn't mess around with any of these things. Do a lot more research and learning, before you get rooting.

Reactions: exad

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Ah I wasn't sure that the X Factor method works on 1.85. Whenever I suggest it people reply that it says explicitly that it doesn't work on 1.85. Though, when I read it, I did not notice that. In any case, *shrug* there ya go op. Good luck! Read lots.

Reactions: a box of kittens

LocDeMty

Feb 13, 2013
Aye I just tried it with a one click installed and got a Supersu app...when I try opening it, it says that "there is no su binary installed, and the super su cannot install it. This is a problem"???

LocDeMty

Feb 13, 2013
I see...so do I have to do it again? I don't get the su going in adb...I tried posting there, but it doesn't let me post >.<

LocDeMty

Feb 13, 2013
[*]
[*] X-Factor: HTC One X Root Exploit (Windows version)
[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[*]
[*] Greets/thanks to Michael Coppola
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest HTC drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] WARNING: this will overwrite your CID, and potentially void
[*] your warranty. I am not responsible for the repurcussions
[*] of this or any other damage this exploit may cause.
[*]
[*] Press enter to exploit your phone...
Presione una tecla para continuar . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[+] Restoring first backup...
[+] Please authorize the backup on your phone, and
[+] press enter when the backup restore has completed.
[+] Restoring second backup...
[+] Please authorize the backup on your phone, and
[+] press enter when the backup restore has completed.
2520 KB/s (64526 bytes in 0.025s)
[-] Failed.
[+] Rebooting into bootloader mode...
[+] Press enter once the device has finished booting into bootloader mode.
[+] Getting CID:
... INFOcid: CWS__001
OKAY
[+] If your CID is not "11111111", the exploit has failed, and you should close
this window.
[+] Otherwise, press enter to retrieve your unlock token.

I tried doing the root of 2.20 as stated above that would work on my 1.85, but I ge the error above. Error as in CWS__001 not the 11111111.....could it be the drivers?? I downloaded the HTCDriver3.0.0.007 version

the guide I´m followin is this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1952038

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The 1.85 one-click method no longer works (hasn't for a long time). The one linked by exad above is the only working method that is specific to 1.85.

But as stated by kittens above, the X-factor exploit not only works on 2.20, but should also work on previous firmwares. Try either the toolkit, or the "manual" X-factor method.

If you don't understand what SU and adb are, you probably shouldn't mess around with any of these things. Do a lot more research and learning, before you get rooting.
    Ah I wasn't sure that the X Factor method works on 1.85. Whenever I suggest it people reply that it says explicitly that it doesn't work on 1.85. Though, when I read it, I did not notice that. In any case, *shrug* there ya go op. Good luck! Read lots.