[Q] Running RUU exe on Sprint HTC One for 4 hours now, should I be worried?

Search This thread

Brazen1111

Oct 28, 2011
I am using the latest RUU exe for the Sprint HTC One from HTC1Guru to return my phone to stock. It detected my phone and started the update. Now my phone just has a white HTC logo on the screen and on my computer the program has said "Sending..." for the last 4 hours, and the windows also says to not power off or unplug the phone from your computer and that this process will take 10 minutes (for the last 4 hours). Is something wrong? Anybody have any idea if this will still complete successfully and how long it will take? This is a downgrade from Cyanogenmod and the phone has always worked fine.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I am using the latest RUU exe for the Sprint HTC One from HTC1Guru to return my phone to stock. It detected my phone and started the update. Now my phone just has a white HTC logo on the screen and on my computer the program has said "Sending..." for the last 4 hours, and the windows also says to not power off or unplug the phone from your computer and that this process will take 10 minutes (for the last 4 hours). Is something wrong? Anybody have any idea if this will still complete successfully and how long it will take? This is a downgrade from Cyanogenmod and the phone has always worked fine.

ruu should not take that long, so it failed for sure.
btw you have posted in the htc one gsm forum, there is a forum dedicated to the sprint variant (cdma)

• post the output of "fastboot getvar all" excluding imei and serialno
  • post the ruu version you are using
  • have you checked md5 of the ruu before flashing?

Reactions: Brazen1111

Brazen1111

Oct 28, 2011
I used "RUU M7 WLS JB 50 Sprint 1.29.651.7". The modelid and cid matched what my phone output in the "getvar all". I was afraid if I powered it off it might brick my phone or maybe it was expected to take a long time. So after reading your comment I went ahead and powered it off. It came back on just fine, like it had not been touched at all. Then, I had noticed on htc1guru that the Guru Reset file was a newer version than the RUU, so I grabbed that instead, rebooted into clockworkmod recovery and installed the Guru Reset file which worked fine then and put my phone back to stock.

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I used RUU M7 WLS JB 50 Sprint 1.29.651.7. The modelid and cid matched what my phone output in the "getvar all". I was afraid if I powered it off it might brick my phone or maybe it was expected to take a long time. So after reading your comment I went ahead and powered it off. It came back on just fine, like it had not been touched at all. Then, I had noticed on htc1guru that the Guru Reset file was a newer version than the RUU, so I grabbed that instead, rebooted into clockworkmod recovery and installed the Guru Reset file which worked fine then and put my phone back to stock.

yeah the Guru reset's are nice if you don't need the firmware update the RUU includes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ruu should not take that long, so it failed for sure.
    btw you have posted in the htc one gsm forum, there is a forum dedicated to the sprint variant (cdma)

• post the output of "fastboot getvar all" excluding imei and serialno
    • post the ruu version you are using
    • have you checked md5 of the ruu before flashing?