[ROM] -:FroyoPro:- v2.5 Android 2.2+3 [Stock/LinuxDX/Alfs Kernel] -Easter Special

Search This thread

rly

Nov 9, 2009
Bandung
No batery drain here.
Actually the rom si so great that you can get about 25% batery consumption in one day with average usage that would mean about 4 days (I normally do not allow too many apps in background - with average usage and using ES Task manager).
Of course depends on talking time ;)
But if you feel a batery drain, please consider:
- full wipe in recovery and wipe batery stats after you have fully charged
- let the rom settle for a few days, the batery gets adjusted to Rom processes
- check if you have active WIFI - GPS - Sinc on the device, they should be off for the time when you do not use it. This you easyly check in widget "Power Control". Leave the 2G/3G alone for the time being.

Hope this would help you out,
Cheers,

I think my X8 is getting better now! Not so battery-draining anymore, better than few days ago and the battery doesn't feel warm. But still more battery consume..

Maybe I should put the phone in my refrigerator so there will be no more battery draining issue :D lol

Try to keep testing this ROM because I love its speed, no lag when I press the dialler application :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOT:
Anyway I'm getting bored with my X8 and thinking to sell mine and get another device.. I'm currently interested to buy a Nokia N96 (yes, that old Nokia :D), what do you think about N96 compared to our lovely X8? 16GB memory, great 5MP camera, GPS, a bunch of cool features, and that bullet-proofed Nokia brand.

Last edited:

daddy_rhon

Nov 2, 2011
I think my X8 is getting better now! Not so battery-draining anymore, better than few days ago and the battery doesn't feel warm. But still more battery consume..

Maybe I should put the phone in my refrigerator so there will be no more battery draining issue :D lol

Try to keep testing this ROM because I love its speed, no lag when I press the dialler application :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOT:
Anyway I'm getting bored with my X8 and thinking to sell mine and get another device.. I'm currently interested to buy a Nokia N96 (yes, that old Nokia :D), what do you think about N96 compared to our lovely X8? 16GB memory, great 5MP camera, GPS, a bunch of cool features, and that bullet-proofed Nokia brand.
i think symbian is much boring than android,if you really bored to you x8,buy higher phone rather that back to the old days,because we all know symbian is going down while android going higher & higher...As we can see android phone is not only a phone...It is also a powerful tools of pc get a connection to internet...If you get what i mean...

rly

Nov 9, 2009
Bandung
i think symbian is much boring than android,if you really bored to you x8,buy higher phone rather that back to the old days,because we all know symbian is going down while android going higher & higher...As we can see android phone is not only a phone...It is also a powerful tools of pc get a connection to internet...If you get what i mean...

Yeah, I know. Android is great, I know that.. but they're not optimal, the system is quite heavy. iOS is much better in term of user experience and satisfaction but honestly I can't afford them :D

I have using smartphone since 2004 (Nokia 3650 >> Nokia 3230 + PDA HP RX3700 >> BenQ P50 >> Motorola Q9h >> Xperia X8), and I have using internet on my phone since WAP era lol :D

What else of phone could you reccomend for stability, efficiency, and satisfaction in low-end range phone? ;) *I'm using my X8 as my prime communication, internet device and GPS.

NIMBAH

Dec 20, 2011
London

OOT:

Symbian is terrible!

Sent from my XPERIA X8 using xda premium

rly

Nov 9, 2009
Bandung
Symbian is terrible!

Sent from my XPERIA X8 using xda premium

Not that terrible, especially when u looking for a simple efficient smartphone. The 16GB + good music n camera quality pretty enough to entertain my day :)

The HTC Diamond maybe another good choice.. 480x640 @2,8inch which is almost "retina display", 4GB internal, 5MP camera, and a stylish nicely built device :)

Lol, too OOT, I'll stop this topic right here :D

Sorry for my silly thought :p

Not the right thread to compare/talk about symbian to android :confused:
Sent from my XPERIA X8 using XDA

Sorry about that, just my silly daydream :p

Sent from my XPERIA X8 using XDA

Reactions: junnojules

GaBOr1

Jan 22, 2012
Can't connect to Eduroam network

First, thanks @lrakkarl for his awesome work!

I'm just posting to say that I haven't been able to connect to the Eduroam network of my university. I've got the Alfs_v08a kernel and FroyoPro 2.5, and both were supposed to support Eduroam networks.

Before someone asks it: yes, I've set it up correctly (with the right certificate and so), but it's not connecting anyway. It gets stuck on "Authentificating..." or in "Establishing...".

I was just wondering if someone else has this problem, or if someone has connected to one of these networks.

Thanks in advance!

P.D.: I was able to connect with GingerDX (v023 or v024, I don't remember) and the same wpa_supplicant file, which is used in this ROM.

Reactions: lrakkarl

soumyasree

Oct 29, 2011
New Delhi

I'm just posting to say that I haven't been able to connect to the Eduroam network of my university. I've got the Alfs_v08a kernel and FroyoPro 2.5, and both were supposed to support Eduroam networks.

Before someone asks it: yes, I've set it up correctly (with the right certificate and so), but it's not connecting anyway. It gets stuck on "Authentificating..." or in "Establishing...".

I was just wondering if someone else has this problem, or if someone has connected to one of these networks.

Thanks in advance!

P.D.: I was able to connect with GingerDX (v023 or v024, I don't remember) and the same wpa_supplicant file, which is used in this ROM.

There is some fix mentioned in the second post. U have to flash a fix for it...

Here is the link... http://www.gnuyork.org/en/eduroam-android-2-3.html

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GaBOr1

Jan 22, 2012
There is some fix mentioned in the second post. U have to flash a fix for it...

Here is the link... http://www.gnuyork.org/en/eduroam-android-2-3.html

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

That site is actually mirroring eagleeyetom's EduRoam Fix in a non-CWM ZIP-repack without giving credits.

Yes, that's it. Actually, the file in that webpage is the one that is in the ROM and in the kernel. So, let's say I've already tested it :p

lrakkarl

Dec 13, 2011
how to take screenshot? :D thanks again..

no battery drain for me.. played 30mins of music.. 0% drain. :D
I use "AndroSS" at 90%. Shake to take.

Thanks in advance!

Interesting, I unfortunately cannot test this have you tried the other wpa-supplicants or just the one that comes in 2.5?
edit: Reading this thread, I can see that you have already tested them all. I might go digging for problems in another file.

That site is actually mirroring eagleeyetom's EduRoam Fix in a non-CWM ZIP-repack without giving credits.
The way I read this thread was that ex-xda member "holgerg123" actually created this fix? eagleeyetom just created cwm.zips? I just linked to where I got the file from ie. credits. If I am incorrect then I will add the appropriate credits-please ask eagleeyetom to clarify.

Last edited:

GaBOr1

Jan 22, 2012
Interesting, I unfortunately cannot test this have you tried the other wpa-supplicants or just the one that comes in 2.5?
edit: Reading this thread, I can see that you have already tested them all. I might go digging for problems in another file.

Actually, I tested them all previously, but when I had GingerDX installed on my X8.

The only thing i can do for helping you is testing and testing. This is a feedback similar to the one on that thread:

• Version 1: you know. It connects to wireless networks, but not to Eduroam networks.
  • Version 2: I got 'Error' in my Wi-Fi settings.
  • Version 3: I got 'Error' in my Wi-Fi settings.
  • Version 4: this connected to my personal network but, obviously, I couldn't test it with an Eduroam network as we are on Saturday. Anyway, this one seems to be the old wpa_supplicant file, so I don't think it would connect.

As you see, it is a bit different from the previous time with GingerDX.

What I'm going to do now is copying wpa_supplicant, wpa_cli, wlan_cu and wlan_loader from GingerDX, just in case it connects to the Eduroam network. It seems to connect without problem to my home wireless.

If I can help you in some way, just tell me (but not in weekends, as I will not go to university those days). =)

Reactions: lrakkarl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Continuation of Froyobread & FroyoPro, now maintained by lrakkarl@xda

This is FroyoPro v2.5!

This is Android 2.2 MiniCM6 with many Android 2.3 features, it is fast & lightweight, fully de-odexed & with CM Theme Chooser for full theme support, plays music perfectly with MegaBass, DSP & MusicMod.

Screens.jpg

Features:
    • Fully working phone/device.
    • Many languages included. -FULL Arabic support!
    • Best gaming performance & lots of free ram.
    • CyanogenMod Settings & FroyoPro Settings.
    • FM Radio, DSP Manager, Mega Bass & MusicMod.
    • Many CM7 features. (Edge glow, lockscreens, CRT screen on/off animation, LED control,+more)
    • Fully working T-Mobile's Theme Engine.
    • Built-in Transparent Status Bar support.
    • Call Me Louder & Loop Ringtone.
    • Back button ends call.
    • Flipping down mutes ringer, Flipping down snoozes alarm.
    • Hiding avatar in SMS.
    • Custom operator text.
    • Dual Recovery support. (XRecovery/ClockWorkMod-MultiBoot)
    • Netfilter/iptables.
    • Ad-free hosts file.
    • AGPS 2.2
    • Excellent battery life.
    • Wi-Fi "n" Standard enabled.-Disabled for now, check this thread to enable it yourself.
    • Stock X8 keyboard as default keyboard & HTC_IME mod keyboard.
    • ICS (Roboto) font & stock X8 battery indicator.
    • Hide battery, many battery % settings & MIUI style battery.
    • Camera/Record sounds muted(.bak)-pressing camera buttons=sounds, on-screen=no sounds
    • Dualtouch/Multi-touch (Synaptics/Cypress)
    • Many modules are included & provisioned for in hw.config, Overclockx2/Under-volt/Smartass/ax8mt&darkfrmr-ax8mt/andrej456&X8gestureDX, you just have to remove .bak extension to enable them.
    How do I enable these modules & remove .bak extension??
    Click on their names (the modules names) above to learn more about them and how to enable them.
    To remove the .bak extension rename the files with any root file explorer eg. Root Browser.​

Install Process:-Stock Kernel
    1--Flash x8FroyoProvXX.zip via ClockWorkMod or XRecovery.
    2--Check out post#2 to see if there are any add-ons you may want to use. (Stock Lockscreens, Flashplayer 4 FroyoPro, etc)

Install Process:-Custom Kernel
    1--Flash appropriate kernel LinuxDX or Alfs-GDX.
    2--Flash x8FroyoProvXX.zip via ClockWorkMod.
    3--Flash "x8FroyoPro-Alfsv8+AllFixv3.zip" from Custom Kernels now for Froyo thread.
    4--Check out post#2 to see if there are any add-ons you may want to use. (Enable Swap, Stock Lockscreens, Flashplayer 4 FroyoPro, etc)

Important Information:
    If coming from a different ROM, to minimize the potential for bugs, full wipe & wipe sd-ext if you have it, full wipe wont clear sd-ext!
    Download FroyoPro v2.5:Here or Mirror.
    No Mirrors!!! PM me if you can't download it!
    MD5: C484C3579C69F1925618FA79158F6539 SHA-1: 6F3FECEB18B22151FE9FFE11A375C71B29BFB320
    -Trying to download on your phone? Try it with Opera Mobile Full or Dolphin Browser.
    -No Mirrors!!! If you can't download it, pm me or try the link again later!
    Read post #2 for add-ons/extras before flashing!
    Let the rom settle after it fully loads, then reboot/turn off!!!
    -Sometimes on first boot, cannot see all apps in Android Market
    Settings->applications->manage applications->all->
    Force stop+clear data in "market" & "google services framework"
    Reboot =fixed.​

Bugs:
    Please report:rolleyes:
    -Sometimes on first boot, cannot see all apps in Android Market-Read post #2 for fix.

If you see your work in this rom, let me know and I will credit you!
    Thanks...
    Doixanh for all your effort and hard work for the X8 community in general and an amazing base
    & all the amazing "FroyoBread" features!
    XDA-RK for the base FPv1.1 and all the great fixes and mods included.
    Cyanogen & CmTeam for MiniCM6 & all the great work we take for granted.
    Racht, nobodyAtall, zdzihu, jerpelea for their many contributions.
    And of course Google! Android, love it! Thank you!

Dear Reader: Yes I got permission from both Doixanh & XDA-RK!
    Tip: If you need more free ram, disable everything in froyopro settings, reboot. Use a different task manager and edit minfree values to have more free ram all the time.
    Add-ons & Extras for FroyoPro

ADD-ONS & EXTRAS:
    Android Market not showing all apps:
    Settings->applications->manage applications->all->
    Force stop+clear data for "market" & "google services framework"
    Reboot.

Install custom kernels on FroyoPro: Follow this link!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1437913
    New: Please use the "x8FroyoPro-Alfsv8+AllFixv3.zip" for Alfs >v7ICS/v8+.
    Old: Please use the V2 "x8AlfsKernelAllin1FixV2.zip" for Alfs <v7/6/5.
    No need to flash any other zips.

Enable Swap on Custom Kernels:
    Follow this guide here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1446164

Themes, themes & more themes for this rom:
    Visit the XDA CM Theme Chooser Sticky. Many, many themes to choose from. For best compatibility choose the MDPI themes as we have a MDPI resolution device. You can also check out ICS themes AChep's ICS, SonnySekhon's ICS and ICS Lockscreen. You may also want to check out this thread from zhuhang.
    Please note: Some themes are 'heavy' or 'fat' and may slow down our little phone.

Stock Lockscreens:
    Don't like the lockscreens in FroyoPro?
    Follow this link to find a flashable zip that will change them back to looking like stock: StockLockscreens 4 FroyoPro.

Flash Player for FroyoPro:
    Download "x8Flash4FroyoPro.apk" from Here or Here.
    Install it as a normal apk from your sd-card, using filebrowser or any apk installer.

Wireless Tether for FroyoPro:
    Download "wireless_tether_2_0_7_for_X8_X10mini.apk" from Here or attached to this post.
    Install it as a normal apk from your sd-card, using filebrowser or any apk installer.
    WiFi+Data must be on for wireless tethering to work!
    This works on stock kernel!!! I have tested it myself! After you have finished tethering, remember to reboot! (Otherwise can have problems with normal Wifi.)

Disable apps2sd for FroyoPro:
    Want to use Link2sd instead of app2sd? Just follow this link and flash the file attached.
    NoApps2sd.

'Walkman' Music Player for FroyoPro:
    This is actually a MIUI music player mod, just install the apk normally. It really suits the stock theme of this ROM.
    Download from XDA Here.
    Thanks goes to Bakabon19, Paul-XXX, & Frogy Furnetal.

Connect to VPN networks for FroyoPro: Download "VPN_Connections_v099.apk
    From Here or attached to the bottom of this post.

Bravia Tweak: XRecovery or ClockWorkMod
    Bravia Tweak (x8FP_bravia_tweak.zip) is attached to the bottom of this post!

GoogleAppsRemoved: XRecovery or ClockWorkMod
    These are a few apps I removed since FroyoProv1.1.
    Included is googlemaps/street, etc. This is if you can't download it from the market.
    Download Here or Here.

How do I enable these modules & remove .bak extension??
    Click on their names (the modules names) in the first post to learn more about them and how to enable them.
    To remove the .bak extension rename the files with any root file browser.
    Root Explorer, Root Browser, ES File Explorer, Ghost File Manager, etc.

Partition sdcard for Data2Ext or Apps2SD
    The easiest way to create sd-ext/2nd SDcard partition is to follow this simple guide:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1446164
    Change-Logs & Old Download Links

Change-Log v2.5: (A few more options, a few requested bugs fixed.)
    Download: Post #1
    Discussions regarding this release start Here.
    --Now compatible with new "ICS" adreno libs!!!
    --More options in FroyoPro Settings!
    -New Battery Percent+colour options
    -New hide stock battery option! (Yes, yes I already know it flashes back up for a second every now and then)
    --Fixed cm7 theme chooser themes bug - now compatible with all cm7 theme chooser themes (no more white text/white background, black text/black background)
    --Fixed not reporting to market correctly (still get the occasional no apps in market on first boot bug, read post #2 for fix)
    --esirad's Arabic4Stock_Browser included by default, slightly modified by me (please test, i can't speak/read arabic, if this causes any browser issues will be reverted next version)
    --Hopefully fixed Vietnamese not showing correctly, again I can't test this.
    --EduRoam/Enterprise wpa supplicant fix from Here.
    --Included my wifi tethering fix for FP for stock kernel. Credits:nobodyAtall (used his files+modules)
    ##-------minor changes: (NOT DEVELOPMENT, just for your information)-------##
    --Installing apps: internal/external/default choice
    --New sexy transition animations, the stock froyo ones were getting old
    --Minor theme update (no noticeable difference, few png's, few icons, etc)
    --Stock kernel undervolted as default (x8uv.ko)
    --Cypress multi-touch enabled by default (ax8mt.ko)
    --wifi -n standard disabled as it was causing wifi connectivity issues for some people. Look Here, you can enable this yourself if you want.
    --Agps files updated thanks crypted!
    --Newest ad-free hosts file
    --Google Play 3.5.16
    --terminal emulator updated (not market version)
    --Updated a few apps
    ...other minor changes can't remember...just small configs...

Change-Log v2.4: (Real Bacon, expect updates from other rom devs)
    Download: Here
    --Massive Theme Update! This rom is NOT ugly anymore! Still looks similar though!
    --All lockscreens have been themed!
    --Updated HTC_IME mod keyboard + Themed! (check it out by changing from default Xperia keyboard)
    --DualRecovery with Multiboot CWM & XRecovery (multiboot other roms from your sd-card!)
    --Recovery error bug has been fixed!
    --Greater sound control in ALL situations
    --Control the native android task-killer. Look in FroyoPro settings
    --MIUI style battery! Look in FroyoPro settings
    --More settings in CyanogenMod Settings
    --All of the useless free apps have been removed, as per users requests! Now very clean rom with minimal apps!
    --Better scrolling/flinging, REAL improvement REAL smali code editing, not just 'init.d/script tweaks' like others
    --New x8gesture module as default better battery saving!
    --new ax8mt module, Cypress users just rename the module you want to use to 'ax8mt.ko'
    --usb debugging notification fix
    --Reverted to apps2sd, boot time is significantly reduced, no theme chooser bug now.
    --Updated apps that needed it. Calc replaced with Realcalc.
    --Newest addsfree host file
    --fixed that annoying white pixel on the boot screen (I think I was the only one that noticed it though)
    Plus more can't remember this second...

Change-Log v2.3: (small fixes)
    Download:Here or Here MD5=39428A8EE21844584A3EC57908F98834 SHA-1=C8EEA266FF959460CBD551E0C5F191A899C8A89F
    --Now compatible with ClockWorkMod & XRecovery.
    --Theme Chooser bug with data2sd-ext quick fix (Themes will stick after 2 shutdowns/reboots)
    --Some bugs I introduced with data2sd-ext now fixed!
    --"MegaBass" properly ported to Shakira(X8). (audio tweak, on all the time, not a service, won't use any ram.)
    --AGPS 2.2 added.
    --Hardware auto-brightness slightly tweaked from v2.2
    --A/V Sync tweaked some more, please try high&low(or custom) & try play them with VLC on your computer!
    --Some free non-internet permission apps added.
    --ICS Ringtones and Notifications added.
    --Some icons & theme slight change.
    --MediaScanner.apk removed, can download from market.
    --Newest ad-free host file.
    --Some apps updated.
    --Can't remember... :p

Change Log v2.2: (the bug fix)
    Download:
    --CPU Float Point bug fixed
    --DATA partition to sd-ext
    --Themed framework, sysui, settings
    --Boot splash & animation changed and sound removed
    --Camera/Record sounds muted(.bk)
    --Zeam home launcher
    --Some free, non-internet permission apps included
    --Some apps updated including Market 3.4.4 and SuperUser 3.07+Binary
    --Some apps removed, all downloadable from the market
    --Ad-free hosts file
    --Netfilter/Iptables
    --ICS (Roboto) font
    --Many modules included with .bak extension, check sys/lib/mods/
    --Some small changes, tweaks and configs.
    Can't remember...
    In a need of Froyo for some personal reasons, I've just made a test with FroyoPro v2.5 on stock kernel, which I believe the latest of it. This is some of my personal opinions:

- Good theme
    - I don't quite like Root Browser.
    - Lag while scrolling. FPS2D shows 90fps. Why do we need such high fps? Why not vsynced?

I'm going back to my FroyoBread v23b to see a little :)
    FroyoPro v2.5 !!!

FroyoPro v2.5:
    Download: Here
    No Mirrors!!! Another mirror will come later! Be patient!
    MD5: C484C3579C69F1925618FA79158F6539
    SHA-1: 6F3FECEB18B22151FE9FFE11A375C71B29BFB320

Change-Log: A few more options, a few requested bugs fixed.
    #Now compatible with new "ICS" adreno libs!!!
    #More options in FroyoPro Settings!
    -New Battery Percent+colour options
    -New hide stock battery option! (Yes, yes I already know it flashes back up for a second every now and then)
    #Fixed cm7 theme chooser themes bug - now compatible with all cm7 theme chooser themes (no more white text/white background, black text/black background)
    #Fixed not reporting to market correctly (still get the occasional no apps in market on first boot bug, read post #2 for fix)
    #esirad's Arabic4Stock_Browser included by default, slightly modified by me (please test, i can't speak/read arabic, if this causes any browser issues will be reverted next version)
    #Hopefully fixed Vietnamese not showing correctly, again I can't test this.
    #EduRoam/Enterprise wpa supplicant fix from Here.
    #Included my wifi tethering fix for FP for stock kernel. Credits:nobodyAtall (used his files+modules)

minor changes: (NOT DEVELOPMENT, just for your information)
    #Installing apps: internal/external/default choice
    #New sexy transition animations, the stock froyo ones were getting old
    #Minor theme update (no noticeable difference, few png's, few icons, etc)
    #Stock kernel undervolted as default (x8uv.ko)
    #Cypress multi-touch enabled by default (ax8mt.ko)
    #wifi -n standard disabled as it was causing wifi connectivity issues for some people. Look Here, you can enable this yourself if you want.
    #Agps files updated thanks crypted!
    #Newest ad-free hosts file
    #Google Play 3.5.16
    #terminal emulator updated (not market version)
    #Updated a few apps
    ...other minor changes can't remember...just small configs...