[GUIDE] AOSP MMS CM10.1 on JB Touchwiz (Emoji, Quick Reply, 100% Working MMS)

Search This thread

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com
HBO help a brother out

This mod brings you CM10.1 mms on the JB touchwiz ROMS as mentioned in title with POP UP feature and more than 400 emjoi! Tested on DLL7..

Hey man, I followed your instructions to a T and now after pushing the files to the corresponding places (renamed the old files and setting permissions), deleting the MMS DBs, and restarting, I now am getting FCs on my Messenger and Android.Phone. I used @elesbb's APK decompiler/recompiler for the APK and the JAR file you had me modify. Where did I go wrong? The box that says "automatically sign recompiled APKs" is checked so i know it is signed. I think the framework2.jar is working properly - it seems its the APK i modded that is causing problems. I would ask you to possibly look at my files but i don't know if that would even be helpful in this case

Last edited:

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Hey man, I followed your instructions to a T and now after pushing the files to the corresponding places (renamed the old files and setting permissions), deleting the MMS DBs, and restarting, I now am getting FCs on my Messenger and Android.Phone. I used @elesbb's APK decompiler/recompiler for the APK and the JAR file you had me modify. Where did I go wrong? The box that says "automatically sign recompiled APKs" is checked so i know it is signed. I think the framework2.jar is working properly - it seems its the APK i modded that is causing problems. I would ask you to possibly look at my files but i don't know if that would even be helpful in this case

I never used any automated process for decompilng/compiling instead i do it manually and never faced nay problems though...but where is your files, so that i can have a look

edit: after flashing try to delete all these three files if it is available and again launch the app

mmssms.db
mmssms.db-shm
mmssms.db-wal

Reactions: prasadnaidu66

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com
I never used any automated process for decompilng/compiling instead i do it manually and never faced nay problems though...but where is your files, so that i can have a look

edit: after flashing try to delete all these three files if it is available and again launch the app

mmssms.db
mmssms.db-shm
mmssms.db-wal

Yes i did manually delete those MMS database files, fixed permissions, cleared cache... Here are the files i modified as per your instructions - i don't know if you will be able to see if i screwed them up somehow; i decompiled one, made the changes as instructed, then recompiled. It all went so smooth but they FC on my phone :(

Attachments

• framework2.jar
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • SecTelephonyProvider.apk
    48.6 KB · Views: 1

Kellicros

Nov 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i flashed the zip and all, the app worked, however, when i tried to restore a backup, both Titanium Backup and SMS Backup & Restore failed on me halfway. On SMSB&R I get an error ""Unable to find or allocate a thread ID."" whilst TB just stated an element has failed. At first I thought my backups are corrupted, but I did a full wipe anyway to get back to stock, the same backups work on both apps. Now that I flashed your zip again, and i get the same error, any idea? thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have tried restoring the 3 changed files to stock, reboot/wipe dalvik and cache/deleting the .db's/freezing the mms.apk/reflashing the rom (no wipe), before restoring but none worked, only a full wipe would help. :(

Last edited:

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
i flashed the zip and all, the app worked, however, when i tried to restore a backup, both Titanium Backup and SMS Backup & Restore failed on me halfway. On SMSB&R I get an error ""Unable to find or allocate a thread ID."" whilst TB just stated an element has failed. At first I thought my backups are corrupted, but I did a full wipe anyway to get back to stock, the same backups work on both apps. Now that I flashed your zip again, and i get the same error, any idea? thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have tried restoring the 3 changed files to stock, reboot/wipe dalvik and cache/deleting the .db's/freezing the mms.apk/reflashing the rom (no wipe), before restoring but none worked, only a full wipe would help. :(

Use gobackup free app from the market and take a backup and restore with this application...

Reactions: prasadnaidu66

Mrzoops

Sep 20, 2012
I honestly cannot believe I cannot get this working. I have tried the recovery flashable zip and the manual apk push method. The recovery flash does nothing, and when i followed the manual steps exactly to the T, I get a bootloop. I have tried it twice. Any ideas?

Last edited:

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com
Yes i did manually delete those MMS database files, fixed permissions, cleared cache... Here are the files i modified as per your instructions - i don't know if you will be able to see if i screwed them up somehow; i decompiled one, made the changes as instructed, then recompiled. It all went so smooth but they FC on my phone :(

OP have you been able to glance at this

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Thejungle

Nov 8, 2009
WTH are these bubbles!?!?! Sorry for my irritation, but this is not CM 10.1 sms app. Why there is not default list-view inside the conversation? I wan't to delete these ugly bubbles...

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
no I didn't go through... but I will have a look on Sunday, if time permits may be later in a day

Can you please help me here are the stock files but i for the life of me can not find the smali folder. i have tried to push the files that you have uploaded do the respectable locations and set permissions but every time i get stuck on the samsung logo on reboot i am on a t-mobile branded Note II SGH T-889..
I am running a stock rom thats is rooted

you by chance could create the nec files for me to push to my phone could you?

I would not mind donating to the cause.....:cyclops:

Last edited:
Reactions: mac231us

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod brings you CM10.1 mms on the JB touchwiz ROMS as mentioned in title with POP UP feature and more than 400 emjoi! Tested on DLL7..

Files modified

1. MMS.apk from AOSP ROM
    2. TelephoneProvider.apk
    3. framework2.jar

Instructions to flash!

1, Make sure you take a backup of SMS & MMS as this mod will delete the database! You are warned!
    2. Delete the Secmms.apk from system/app
    3. Use root explorer and navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete the mmssms.db file
    4. Push the mms.apk to system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
    5. Push the Sectelephonyprovider.apk to system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
    6. Push framework2.jar to system/framework and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
    7. Reboot the phone
    8. Restore all your SMS

Flashable Zip!

BACKUP SMS & MMS - Flashing this mod will delete all sms and mms! - Download Link

How to revert back to stock sms

1. Backup SMS & MMS
    2. Delete mms.apk from system/app
    3. Copy the secmms.apk & sectelephonyprovider.apk to system/app
    4. Copy & Replace framework2.jar in system/framework
    5. Navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete mmssms.db
    6. Reboot the phone
    7. Restore all your SMS & MMS! Profit!

Screenshots!

H989j.png
    mHhvK.png

Credits
    ------------

Thanks to loserskater
    HOW TO MAKE THE MOD

Take the following files from your ROM

PHP:
    system/app/SecTelephonyProvider.apk
    /system/framework/framework2.jar (make sure it's framework2.jar)

• Decompile both the files!

1. Now navigate to /smali/com/google/android in fraemwork2.jar and delete the entire mms folder

2. Extract the copy of mms from here and copy the folder to /smali/com/google/android in framework2.jar

3. Now navigate to \sectelephonyprovider\smali\com\android\providers\telephony and replace the following files with the zip attached

PHP:
    MmsProvider.smali
    MmsSmsDatabaseHelper$LowStorageMonitor.smali
    MmsSmsDatabaseHelper.smali
    MmsSmsProvider.smali
    SmsProvider.smali

4. Recompile framework2.jar and SecTelephonyProvider.apk

5. copy the mms.apk , SecTelephonyProvider.apk in system/app and change the permissions to rw--r--

6. copy the framework2.jar in system/framework and change the permissions to rw--r--

Note
    -----------

on your device navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete following files if you have in order to MMS work

This will delete the entire SMS & MMS, so take a backup before you delete

PHP:
    mmssms.db
    mmssms.db-shm
    mmssms.db-wal
    Have made the same but in a little bit simplier way: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36780090&postcount=6805

Why you change anything except SecMms.apk? Is there something not working without modified sectelephonyprovider.apk and framework2.jar? I'm just wondering because I havent found anything but perhaps I'm not using all possibilities of sms/mms

Just found that my option gives FC when trying send MMS :( Will try your method later today!

in order to make MMS work, you need to infuse the code of CM10.1 or else, whenever you try to send MMS, the app will look for code in sectelephony and also framework2.jar which is not available (i mean it will have a code of sammy instead of CM10). Hence i need to follow the above said procedure!
    Thanks my dear friend !!

Hugs :D
    Does this work on gs3

Edit--------------------

Installed and wouldn't boot. Reverted to backup. Oh well

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

sorry it wont work...the files uswd in this mod belongs to note2 with latest build...but you can follow the guide to make it work for s3.