ATT 4g lte apn settings question.

Search This thread

Grona

Jun 12, 2012
I'm running the unofficial CM9 port rom and notice that the ATT 4g lte apn settings aren't set.

Does anyone know what these settings are?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

ducrider113

Jun 11, 2013
Typically in your mobile data settings

Settings -> Mobile Data -> access point names. May vary slightly from phone to phone.

Well, that's the problem with my Exhibit 4G...I know where you should be able to add the different APN types but the phone won't let you do it. You are forced to choose between 3 choices...MMS, Internet, or MMS & Internet. There are no other options and no (obvious) way to add other choices. That's the conundrum for me anyway...:confused:

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Well, that's the problem with my Exhibit 4G...I know where you should be able to add the different APN types but the phone won't let you do it. You are forced to choose between 3 choices...MMS, Internet, or MMS & Internet. There are no other options and no (obvious) way to add other choices. That's the conundrum for me anyway...:confused:

does that phone not have a menu button? if you press the menu button there should be an option to add.

Reactions: ducrider113

ducrider113

Jun 11, 2013
does that phone not have a menu button? if you press the menu button there should be an option to add.

Nope, no menu button. It goes Settings->Wireless and Network->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names->then you choose your access point and it brings up the screen where you can enter data. If you choose APN type, it gives you the 3 choices I mentioned above. There are no menu options available at this point. :confused:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
So when you go Settings > mobile data > access point names, you're now looking at a list of APNs, without selecting one of those you can't hit menu and select "add new"? I've never seen a ROM that doesn't have that option. See attached screenshot.

Sent from my Evita using XDA Premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371046003014.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371046003014.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 214

Duckman5

May 31, 2012
Nope, no menu button. It goes Settings->Wireless and Network->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names->then you choose your access point and it brings up the screen where you can enter data. If you choose APN type, it gives you the 3 choices I mentioned above. There are no menu options available at this point. :confused:

What ROM are you running on the exhibit? That was my phone before this one and I never remember that problem. I ran everything from stock to cm9, cm10, cm10.1, rebel Rom, etc. I got it unlocked and switched between a t-mobile sim and att sim for a couple years (so plenty of APN switching). I still have it in my closet drawer as a standby phone. Let me know what you are on and I will flash it on there and try to walk you through fixing your issue.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: ATT PTA
    APN: pta
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Auth: none
    APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri
    OK...I'll ask the dumb question...how/where do you add them to a stock phone (Samsung Exhibit 4G)?

I need to do the same thing...

Typically in your mobile data settings

Settings -> Mobile Data -> access point names. May vary slightly from phone to phone.