[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One M8 | 6.20.65x.3 | Stock Rooted ROMs | Updated 1.30.16

Search This thread

Cashreedhar

Nov 19, 2011
New York
Okay here's my noob question... I have an s-off (non-harmon originally) phone running the harmon firmware 1.54.654.15. Can someone tell me which firmware to download to update but keep my h/k features? Do I need to download the modified non h/k version since my phone is an original or can I download the h/k update? Thanks everybody!!!

1. You need to unlock the bootloader first. Refer to the top threads for that
2. flash modified firmware meant for HK version (modified formware has lot of benefits including its support to SIM unlock)
3. flash custom recovery (TWRP whl version)

Edit: you wont lose Harmon Kardon options. Also, if you need a custom ROM with tweaks and reduced sprint bloats install bad boyz HK ROM

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Okay here's my noob question... I have an s-off (non-harmon originally) phone running the harmon firmware 1.54.654.15. Can someone tell me which firmware to download to update but keep my h/k features? Do I need to download the modified non h/k version since my phone is an original or can I download the h/k update? Thanks everybody!!!

unless you are superCID, you have to flash the non-hk firmware...doesn't matter though, both 2.16 firmwares are identical

btw...flashing 2.16 firmware will not update the OS, you must flash a 2.16 ROM

moysauce

Jun 17, 2010
Excuse the noob question but do you flash the latest firmware via bootloader or recovery while s-off?

**edit** disregard... wrong thread.. too many tabs open lol

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
I am trying to flash the 2.16.651 firmware on my M8 (CID SPCS_001), and some of the parts are being bypassed because the signature fails. Is this normal?

Code:
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'zip' (24473 KB)...
OKAY [  1.863s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] unzipping for pre-update check...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,99
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-1] unzipping for pre-update...
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-1] flushing...
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl1-1,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl1-1,100
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-2] unzipping for pre-update...
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-2] flushing...
(bootloader) verified fail
(bootloader) ...... Bypassed
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-3] unzipping for pre-update...
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-3] flushing...
(bootloader) verified fail
(bootloader) ...... Bypassed
(bootloader) start image[rpm] unzipping for pre-update...
(bootloader) start image[rpm] flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,rpm,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,rpm,100
(bootloader) start image[tz] unzipping for pre-update...
(bootloader) start image[tz] flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,tz,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,tz,100
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
finished. total time: 5.344s

PillowMetal

Aug 18, 2010
Layton, UT
swaynesworld.net
I am trying to flash the 2.16.651 firmware on my M8 (CID SPCS_001), and some of the parts are being bypassed because the signature fails. Is this normal?

Are your using fastboot oem rebootRUU to flash this? That message at the bottom is indicating that the bootloader was updated and it can't flash the rest until you issue the flash zip command again. It wants the phone to be under the control of the new bootloader for the rest of the images to be flashed. So issue the fastboot flash zip command again, then fastboot reboot to finish.

Reactions: OMJ

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi guys. OK so I get that on non HK the newest version is 2.16.

If I flash the stripped down version (w/o hboot and the other stuff) what exactly am I updating? I'm guessing just the radio?

If I do the full firmware update will that be a factory reset?

Do these have to be uodated via PC or can I put it on the root of SD card and do via boot loader?

Sent from...who the hell really cares?

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Hi guys. OK so I get that on non HK the newest version is 2.16.

If I flash the stripped down version (w/o hboot and the other stuff) what exactly am I updating? I'm guessing just the radio?

If I do the full firmware update will that be a factory reset?

Do these have to be uodated via PC or can I put it on the root of SD card and do via boot loader?

if u plan on flashing a 2.16 ROM you need the updated hboot too, so flash the modified version that includes the hboot, if u flash the full version, you'll lose your custom recovery (TWRP) & it also flashes stock boot. no full firmware does not factory reset, it does not affect OS.

yes, you can rename the zip to 0P6BIMG.zip, copy to root of sd card & flash from hboot

Reactions: SantinoInc

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
OMJ, thanks again for the response. Hope you can answer one more question:

What is the benefit of using the full firmware as opposed to one of the modified versions?

If I went with the full firmware you said I'd have stock recovery. Would I be able to flash TWRP again via hboot?

benny3

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH
OMJ, thanks again for the response. Hope you can answer one more question:

What is the benefit of using the full firmware as opposed to one of the modified versions?

If I went with the full firmware you said I'd have stock recovery. Would I be able to flash TWRP again via hboot?

If you are going to use the RUU it will look for the hboot version thats in the full firmware package and if you dont have it, it wont run.
And yes you can flash twrp as long as you unlock the bootloader after you RUU
If you are just wanting to update the firmware then go with the modified so you wont need to re-install your recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: foxrider99

richardrk

Oct 14, 2007
Gun Barrel City, TX
Ok everyone Im at a aloss. Ive read through all the pages till now and I still cannot figure out how to get the newest firmware on my device.

I have the HK HTC One and it is S-On.
Ive attached a pic of the readouts from bootloader.

I have tried flashing the firmware through the SD Card naming it 0P6BIMG and it gives me a "wrong zipped" error everytime.
I have tried flashing through fastbook commands on my PC and I get error 99 and 23 and they dont take. What can I do or what am i missing?

Apparently the pic didnt upload...

M8_WHL PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
RADIO-1.05.20.0321_2

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I just tried to flash the zip posted in OMJ's ROM OP for the HK 2.16.654.4 S-On and I got a error 99 unknown fail.

I tried flashing using these steps...

From the home screen plugged into the computer..
adb reboot boot loader
fastboot OEM rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

This is the text in the command it sent back for the fail..

C:\Android>fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
sending 'zip' (46355 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.620s]
writing 'zip'...
(boot loader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(boot loader) zip header checking...
(boot loader) zip info parsing...
FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
Finished. Total time: 2.979s

Last edited:

benny3

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH
Ok everyone Im at a aloss. Ive read through all the pages till now and I still cannot figure out how to get the newest firmware on my device.

I have the HK HTC One and it is S-On.
Ive attached a pic of the readouts from bootloader.

I have tried flashing the firmware through the SD Card naming it 0P6BIMG and it gives me a "wrong zipped" error everytime.
I have tried flashing through fastbook commands on my PC and I get error 99 and 23 and they dont take. What can I do or what am i missing?

Apparently the pic didnt upload...

M8_WHL PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
RADIO-1.05.20.0321_2

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I just tried to flash the zip posted in OMJ's ROM OP for the HK 2.16.654.4 S-On and I got a error 99 unknown fail.

I tried flashing using these steps...

From the home screen plugged into the computer..
adb reboot boot loader
fastboot OEM rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

This is the text in the command it sent back for the fail..

C:\Android>fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
sending 'zip' (46355 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.620s]
writing 'zip'...
(boot loader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(boot loader) zip header checking...
(boot loader) zip info parsing...
FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
Finished. Total time: 2.979s

You relock the bootloader? And i think you need s-off to flash just the firmware

jumpnjoeyz

Jul 28, 2007
I am trying to use the Sprint_HTC_One_M8_1.54.651.10_RUU.zip towards the bottom of the first post to go back to stock. However, when i try and extract the OP6IMG from the zip to put it on the root of my extSD it fails and says bad package or something. I am using WINRar. Any ideas?

jumpnjoeyz

Jul 28, 2007

For some reason I keep getting a corrupt file. In any case because I had done the ota update with sprint and then installed a non sprint recovery by mistake and a non sprint rom my phone was all jacked up. I couldn't get it to do anything until I figured out I could get it out of the boot screen by power and volume up. At that point i could get it into bootloader and utilize fastboot to push a sprint twrp recovery which helped. But then I couldnt S-Off or super CID. So I thought that the RUU would help. What I wound up doing was using a nandroid back up and restoring to stock that way. From there I was able to S-off with sunshine after firewater still didn't work. Then supercid was obtained through fastboot. Making progress. I have flashed your 2.16.654 modified HK firmware with modified hboot then installed your latest HK sprint rom. I just want to tell you that I absolutely love your work. Every phone I have ever had I always use your rom. In my opinion they are always the best. No hassles and all the right tweaks. Everything just works like it should. So thank you for all your continued work, help, and support. I have the regular Sprint One M8 but followed your guide on how to get the HK version. Everything works except I don't get sound from the native music app. I do get sound from the google play app and Pandora. Is this normal or do I need to do anything? Sorry for the long post but I had been frustrated now for a few days and again your software and guides worked out flawlessly again for me.

Reactions: OMJ

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
For some reason I keep getting a corrupt file. In any case because I had done the ota update with sprint and then installed a non sprint recovery by mistake and a non sprint rom my phone was all jacked up. I couldn't get it to do anything until I figured out I could get it out of the boot screen by power and volume up. At that point i could get it into bootloader and utilize fastboot to push a sprint twrp recovery which helped. But then I couldnt S-Off or super CID. So I thought that the RUU would help. What I wound up doing was using a nandroid back up and restoring to stock that way. From there I was able to S-off with sunshine after firewater still didn't work. Then supercid was obtained through fastboot. Making progress. I have flashed your 2.16.654 modified HK firmware with modified hboot then installed your latest HK sprint rom. I just want to tell you that I absolutely love your work. Every phone I have ever had I always use your rom. In my opinion they are always the best. No hassles and all the right tweaks. Everything just works like it should. So thank you for all your continued work, help, and support. I have the regular Sprint One M8 but followed your guide on how to get the HK version. Everything works except I don't get sound from the native music app. I do get sound from the google play app and Pandora. Is this normal or do I need to do anything? Sorry for the long post but I had been frustrated now for a few days and again your software and guides worked out flawlessly again for me.

thx! glad u got it worked out....now for your audio issue...u just need to flash the HK adsp firmware from CT...

All you need (if you haven't previously flashed HK firmware and are S-OFF) is to flash the adsp firmware from the HK Edition. I made a bootloader flashable zip of only that and uploaded it here.

Top Liked Posts