[APP] TalkingClock

Search This thread

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
screenshot02talkingcloc.png

An application that announces the time.

Feaures:

- can be set at 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, or 60 min intervals.
- does not run in the background so it won't eat up resources and battery juice.
- tested on HTC Ozone
- should work on WM5 and above
- INSTALL IN DEVICE MEMORY

How to Use:
- run the TalkingClock application
- choose the time interval you wan't it to tell the time then click on SET INTERVAL
- click START
- exit the application
- to stop the application from further announcing the time, launch the TalkingClock application again and click on STOP, then exit

DONWLOAD HERE

Last edited:
Reactions: manbat

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi oldsap,

i have downloaded and installed in the main memory. Looks really
good and in the cht and gtx style. I'll report later, after 60 minutes :D.

One future request... it is possible to show a sound test button?

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
try the 5 minute interval so you can test it sooner.

Hi oldsap,

that is what i have after my posting on top of yours. Yes it is working. Th NO working evet was the standby locking. Then only some apps are active. The sound isn't very good at the moment, but i have a wonderfull idea and also sound files. I have to take a look on it. Then i will PM you with a test cab file :D:D.

EDIT 1:
i use now adifferent female voice and that is very cool now. This i have missed so long. Can you do me a favor? Can you add 1 minute cycle? With a checkbox for the information that this drain the battery and or give more cpu load? Obne minute about may day job. This will be a very good solution. OK i can change the one minute in the registry, but it will be nice in the GUI. Thanks for reading.

PM is on the way...

Last edited:

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
@pedaah: thank you for pointing this out: "one thing of note, if your device is set to auto lock like most, the app doesn’t function whilst the device is locked, at the moment."
i tested the app on my smartphone and it doesn't have any problem with it being in suspended mode. however, in pocketpc devices, it won't work. i've edited the code but i cannot test it if it will run in suspended mode or not. could anyone test it please? i've posted it ob my blog called TalkingClock v1.1

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
i have touch hd ( blackstone ) with stock rom 6.1,
installed TALKINGCLOCK on device as advised,
installed ok ,no problems ..
(very handy application.)
thank you ..
further can set ,the time etc...
but it does not wake up,to announce time , if phone is in " sleep /suspended " mode...!!
hope this helps ?
good luck willcor

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
Are there supposed to be 2 shortcuts in the start menu? Work While Locked on my HD 2. Out standing!!!

only 1 shortcut should appear.
TalkingClock (1).lnk <= this one was accidentally added in the cab file, sorry :D

thank you for confirming that it worked while the keypad is locked ;)

i have edited the app using mike2nl's icon and also removed the duplicate lnk files.

Last edited:

htc-hd2

Oct 29, 2009
Almere
It does not look like it's running correctly when using the 24 hr time format.
Example: When it's 6 o'clock is says six, and than I hear ping ping like it's missing a sound file..
Phone: HD2
ROM: Miri HD2 V 17.0 WWE

Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
It does not look like it's running correctly when using the 24 hr time format.
Example: When it's 6 o'clock is says six, and than I hear ping ping like it's missing a sound file..

Hi htc-hd2,

i have checked now the latest cab file from the authors page. All the files are present. No file is missing. You have installed the latest one?

File name: oldSAP TalkingClock_1.1.cab
File size: 679.639 bytes (679.936 bytes on HDD)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screenshot02talkingcloc.png

An application that announces the time.

Feaures:

- can be set at 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, or 60 min intervals.
    - does not run in the background so it won't eat up resources and battery juice.
    - tested on HTC Ozone
    - should work on WM5 and above
    - INSTALL IN DEVICE MEMORY

How to Use:
    - run the TalkingClock application
    - choose the time interval you wan't it to tell the time then click on SET INTERVAL
    - click START
    - exit the application
    - to stop the application from further announcing the time, launch the TalkingClock application again and click on STOP, then exit

DONWLOAD HERE
    Testing Now...THANKS

Testing Now...THANKS