[THEME] Honeycomb 3D v2.5.1_sb/blue/tablet (MDPI/HDPI) *MARKET UPDATE June 4th 2011*

Search This thread

moneymike55

Dec 13, 2010
California
The Honeycomb 3D Project

Description:
A fully colored, "eye candy" style Honeycomb theme for all Android/cm7 devices with the new Theme Chooser application. This theme is based off bypass's aosp 3.0 ROM port and hax's "templatebread" with every stock gingerbread menu/settings/widget/app/status bar icon replaced with high-resolution 3D images from Honeycomb, Sense, MIUI, UOT, XDA and Google.

3 versions now on the market:
-Blue 3D icons: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mike.theme.hc3d3d
-3D icons w/ mock soft buttons: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mike.hc3dsb
-Tablet version: market link

I have spent hundreds of hours throughout the last few months perfecting this theme and its still far from being finished, but I've recently started working with zexcrazy (the creator of "Animated Eye Candy") who has done a ton of work helping me recompile the theme, fix the xml/.9 pngs, and optimize the files for mdpi; bkmo who has been compiling everything on linux and creating the new dialer, lockscreen, thin blue volume sliders, call screen and zipthemer addons; jjhiza who is creating the mock Honeycomb widgets, dock icons and homescreen layout; and nbeebe24 who got the xml files working for 1% battery increments. Without the incredible amount of free time these guys have dedicated to help me out, this theme wouldnt be anywhere near the level its currently at. I would also like to thank the entire Yoshi team who has been helping out by testing beta releases and giving advice when I get stuck, and haxzamatic for providing the template and guides for the new theme engine :)

If you like our work all I ask is you hit the "thanks" button after downloading and don't forget zexcrazy, bkmo, jjhiza, nbeebe, haxzamatic, shiwantha, yoshi, and bypass/nforce/google for the honeycomb port (where I got most of the images from). Send me a pm if you want to be added to the list or join the project on github, I'm welcome to anybody who wants to help the team make new additions or improvements :) And feedback is definitely appreciated because I know not everyone has the time (or desire) to figure out the theme engine. But even one icon or suggestion could make a huge difference so feel free to send ideas my way :D

Screenshots:
d03605c8-a34f-0ca2.jpg
d03605c8-a38f-5a72.jpg
d03605c8-a286-d86c.jpg
d03605c8-a240-ce3d.jpg
d03605c8-a2b0-e92e.jpg
d03605c8-a1f5-e35b.jpg
d03605c8-a480-fa79.jpg
d03605c8-a3ae-325e.jpg
d03605c8-a41c-1d26.jpg
d03605c8-a43b-839b.jpg
d03605c8-a11f-9b50.jpg
d03605c8-a182-774f.jpg
d03605c8-a1c4-c333.jpg
d03605c8-a2df-1335.jpg
d03605c8-a325-de88.jpg

Tablet version:
d03605c8-a4c7-399f.jpg
d03605c8-a585-424f.jpg
d03605c8-a5b2-2165.jpg
d03605c8-a60d-2364.jpg
d03605c8-a63a-6cc8.jpg
d03605c8-a660-16f6.jpg

Installation:
*Read carefully*

1.download latest theme apk from the market:
-3D icons w/ mock soft buttons: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mike.hc3dsb
(Will install as separate versions)
-More colors coming soon :)

2. Open theme Chooser app and apply honeycomb 3D. The theme engine might say there's assets missing for your device but its lying. Hit that "apply anyways" button with your middle finger ;)

*If the theme isn't showing up at all, your rom most likely came with the latest version of the theme Chooser app preinstalled and its has been having issues, so try scrolling between the themes slowly with your trackball and if that doesnt work, or if your rom didnt include the theme chooser app, here is a link for the apk that can be installed using any app installer: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22147062/ThemeChooser.apk ***

4. Reboot and start looking through your new mini-tablet :D

5. Don't forget the hc3D extras zip and bkmo's new zipthemer/metamorph lockscreen, volume sliders, and themed reboot popups for mdpi! (see links below)

Instructions for addons:
Here's the zip file that includes all latest bkmods, jjhiza's widgets+dock icons, several new honeycomb wallpapers, all stock HC/3.0 app icons (for ppl who like those better than the blue tinted ones in the theme), the 3.0 music player port, maxthon (which is very similar to 3.0's browser), a honeycomb bootanimation, bootanimationutility.apk (for easily switching to new bootanimations), and a battery calibration app that I strongly suggest you install if experiencing any battery drain issues (completely unrelated to the theme but its a small apk so it doesn't really hurt) ;)

1. Download the following file and extract its contents to your SD card or computer:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22147062/hc3D Extras2.zip (5/18 update: latest zipthemer morphs; added more wallpapers, widgets, and icons)

*The current hc3D addons zip is about 13mb whereas bk's zip is only .5mb, so if space is an issue you can download bk's latest zipthemer/metamorph zip separately here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22147062/hc3d-mdpi-morph-26.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22147062/HC3D-lock-addon-hdpi-morph-21.zip
and you can find the rest separately on xda or send me a pm ;) *

2.For bk's themed lockscreen, reboot popup, and volume sliders download one of the two above links, and apply only the files in HC3D-lckmorph-mdpi-26/hdpi-21.zip to your rom framework by using zipthemer or metamorph. If you have never done this before or need instructions, see this post by Dont Panic: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12497564&postcount=3

3. (ADW, LP, GO launcher): Long-press each of your dock icons and press edit, then select your desired app shortcut/action and icon from the gallery.

4. For jjhiza's widgets/icons you will need to use the "desktop visualizer" app temporarily while we are working on incorporating them into the theme. Separate DL zip: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22147062/JJH HC Layout.zip
For detailed instructions and original files see this thread by jjhiza: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13248666#post13248666

5. Honeycomb wallpapers can be applied from homescreen *located in gallery (wallpapers folder) after unzipping hc3Dextras2 file*

6. Install the Google 3.0 music player apk with any app installer

7.BootAnimation.apk and BatteryCalibration.apk can also be installed using app installer if you want or need them :) Do not unzip the bootanimation, just use that app tool or swap using root explorer.

8. Some nice transparent and blue market, gmail, facebook apks thread can be found here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=877510

To do List:
-Optimize for HDPI
-Add remaining menu popup icons
-improve 3.0 UI
-add rest of themed apps/widgets
-Touch-up images
-add honeycomb keyboard layout
-

Its still a work in progress but more is being added on a daily basis, and again, please feel free to make suggestions (especially now while we're still adding icons). V3 will be done in a few weeks with full colored menu icons as well as a blue version (and maybe other colors when the theme is complete) for those who like the current blue icons like I do ;) And if you want to make modifications, send me a pm and Ill see about adding them to the theme or OP! I am also currently looking for more devs with experience in xml or the theme engine to incorporate some bigger changes, so if you have time and are interested in joining the team let me know!

Last edited:

moneymike55

Dec 13, 2010
California
On deck:
change 8 dialer icons (contacts, favorites, etc)
Scrollable/transparent 3.0 widgets
full colored version
fix settings icon resolution
theme wireless tethering app
finish soft button/stat bar icon pack
new dl/ul indicators (e, 3g, h 4g)
touch up battery
new usb notif icon
add honeycomb font to status bar clock
complete zip version

Change log:
v2.4.2
New dialer numbers
resized delete button/numbers
v2.4.1
fixed camera
changed keyboard letters
v2.4
added soft button icons
Fixed keyboard
Touched up xda app colors
V2.3.2
Resized more icons for hdpi
Changed icons in market/dialer
fixed call screen
.9 patches
Better toast frame border
V2.3.1
Pulldown bar
Status bar
Clock/date color and size
Keyboard toggles
.9 patches
Themed apps: xda, market, dolphin broswer, fm radio
V2.3
Changed battery charging icons
Clock/date text color
Keyboard buttons and popups
New dialer
Notification backgrounds/text color/ title bar
New pulldown/status bars
Several .9 patches
Added new icons
Recompiled on linux! (Working preview pic/theme chooser selection for all devices ;)
V1.0-2.3
Framework, patches, png selection, redirections/xml, compiling apk

Last edited:

sjknight413

Dec 1, 2009
Brighton, England
this theme would be incredible if it didnt have all those huge icons in the settings screen and the add to home screen window. also the icons in the status bar are a bit strange too, nothing seems to fit properly. running on a htc hero [MDPI]

Reactions: moneymike55

moneymike55

Dec 13, 2010
California

Screenshots added ;)

this theme would be incredible if it didnt have all those huge icons in the settings screen and the add to home screen window. also the icons in the status bar are a bit strange too, nothing seems to fit properly. running on a htc hero [MDPI]
Thanks for the feedback, I've been thinking about downsizing the settings icons from 48x48 to 32x32 so that should hopefully solve the first problem. As for the status bar I'm still selecting new icons and matching up colors, so if u see any that look out of place let me know now while I'm changing them, or if u see any icons online that look better send them my way

Last edited:

Crouchilla

Feb 28, 2011
i try to install apk for my htc desire HDPI but when i go to themechooser...i don't see the theme..

why?????

moneymike55

Dec 13, 2010
California
i try to install apk for my htc desire HDPI but when i go to themechooser...i don't see the theme..

why?????

This is actually a common issue with the most recent version of the Theme Chooser. You can replace it with a working version by installing the theme chooser apk i provided in the op, but some people have been able to get it working by using the trackball to slowly scroll between themes and the name will show up. We didn't add a preview picture yet tho because it needs to be done on Linux for them to work on all devices. Just try scrolling between between the themes first and if that doesn't work install the previous version of theme chooser

Sent from my HTC Magic/Dream using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: bigtom624

M4ver1ck

Feb 21, 2011
Knoxville, IA
loving the icons of the theme. They do need a little bit of touching up. Also maybe in future updates changing the gps toggle icon to something other than an icon that looks like the gingerbread browser.

Sent from my HTC Evo using XDA Premium App

Reactions: moneymike55

moneymike55

Dec 13, 2010
California
Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys I really appreciate it.

@phillip_viado The wallpaper from the screenshot should be the stock wallpaper for the theme, but if its not automatically showing up here's the image:
d036053e-8317-a5bf.jpg

@m4ver1ck I've actually been thinking about changing the GPS toggle icons to something else too because that globe might be kinda confusing, so ill definitely include it in the next release.

@haroldlancegoco I believe most things are showing up correctly but jjhiza is the only one on the team currently able to test on hdpi, and the other day he said a couple more of the menu pop-up icons were still stock and some of the icons looked bigger in landscape mode... so I'm pretty sure it will work for the most part but let me know what doesn't so I can make sure to fix it on the next update ;)

Last edited:

bkmo

Jun 25, 2008
10° 5' 59" North, 84° 16' 84" West
I like this theme, it really has potential. I have already done an MDPI addon morph for it. It morphs lockscreen and clock font, volume, phone-options popups, and has new animations. Take it for a spin if you want. Just noticed the call answer screen didn't get my transparent changes because of all the jog_ graphics in the theme overriding the transparent ones in the morph.

Attachments

• Honey3d-addons-morph.zip
    423.6 KB · Views: 213
  • lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 2,248
  • volume.jpg
    volume.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 2,223
  • opts1.jpg
    opts1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,192
  • opts2.jpg
    opts2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2,165
  • reboot.jpg
    reboot.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 2,170
Last edited:
Reactions: whynot_

moneymike55

Dec 13, 2010
California
I like this theme, it really has potential. I have already done an MDPI addon morph for it. It morphs lockscreen and clock font, volume, phone-options popups, and has new animations. Take it for a spin if you want. Just noticed the call answer screen didn't get my transparent changes because of all the jog_ graphics in the theme overriding the transparent ones in the morph.

Wow EXCELLENT job man! This is exactly what I wanted to do as soon as I had the apk fully working. Ill check it out right now and put the link in the op. We could actually use someone with more experience in creating metamorphs (especially with the lockscreen) if you're interested in joining the project. I really want to add the honeycomb font/silver-blue glow to the status bar clock and try to incorporate the dock popup menus and freemoving "wave" honeycomb lockscreen (which will take a lot morework but I have the files we would need). Send me a pm if u want to help us work on some of the other things we have in mind. The theme apk is really just the framework for all the mods we want to add, so this initial release is really just the first stage of the honeycomb 3D project.

Last edited:

moneymike55

Dec 13, 2010
California
These buttons look distorted on my MDPI Aria. Are you sure that frameworks_res_btn_circle_normal.png is from an MDPI device?

Actually for some reason there's a grey circle behind that expander image (believe it may be .9 related) but I really wanted to use this icon from the dock
Dock5.png
and there was a grey oval behind it too so ill have to try patching it

Last edited:

M4ver1ck

Feb 21, 2011
Knoxville, IA
Quick question: is this theme complete for HDPI devices? Reason why I ask is the icons in the notification bar and the notification power widget are extreamly foggy on my HTC Evo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Honeycomb 3D Project

Description:
    A fully colored, "eye candy" style Honeycomb theme for all Android/cm7 devices with the new Theme Chooser application. This theme is based off bypass's aosp 3.0 ROM port and hax's "templatebread" with every stock gingerbread menu/settings/widget/app/status bar icon replaced with high-resolution 3D images from Honeycomb, Sense, MIUI, UOT, XDA and Google.

3 versions now on the market:

I have spent hundreds of hours throughout the last few months perfecting this theme and its still far from being finished, but I've recently started working with zexcrazy (the creator of "Animated Eye Candy") who has done a ton of work helping me recompile the theme, fix the xml/.9 pngs, and optimize the files for mdpi; bkmo who has been compiling everything on linux and creating the new dialer, lockscreen, thin blue volume sliders, call screen and zipthemer addons; jjhiza who is creating the mock Honeycomb widgets, dock icons and homescreen layout; and nbeebe24 who got the xml files working for 1% battery increments. Without the incredible amount of free time these guys have dedicated to help me out, this theme wouldnt be anywhere near the level its currently at. I would also like to thank the entire Yoshi team who has been helping out by testing beta releases and giving advice when I get stuck, and haxzamatic for providing the template and guides for the new theme engine :)

If you like our work all I ask is you hit the "thanks" button after downloading and don't forget zexcrazy, bkmo, jjhiza, nbeebe, haxzamatic, shiwantha, yoshi, and bypass/nforce/google for the honeycomb port (where I got most of the images from). Send me a pm if you want to be added to the list or join the project on github, I'm welcome to anybody who wants to help the team make new additions or improvements :) And feedback is definitely appreciated because I know not everyone has the time (or desire) to figure out the theme engine. But even one icon or suggestion could make a huge difference so feel free to send ideas my way :D

Screenshots:
    d03605c8-a34f-0ca2.jpg
    d03605c8-a38f-5a72.jpg
    d03605c8-a286-d86c.jpg
    d03605c8-a240-ce3d.jpg
    d03605c8-a2b0-e92e.jpg
    d03605c8-a1f5-e35b.jpg
    d03605c8-a480-fa79.jpg
    d03605c8-a3ae-325e.jpg
    d03605c8-a41c-1d26.jpg
    d03605c8-a43b-839b.jpg
    d03605c8-a11f-9b50.jpg
    d03605c8-a182-774f.jpg
    d03605c8-a1c4-c333.jpg
    d03605c8-a2df-1335.jpg
    d03605c8-a325-de88.jpg

Tablet version:
    d03605c8-a4c7-399f.jpg
    d03605c8-a585-424f.jpg
    d03605c8-a5b2-2165.jpg
    d03605c8-a60d-2364.jpg
    d03605c8-a63a-6cc8.jpg
    d03605c8-a660-16f6.jpg

Installation:
    *Read carefully*

1.download latest theme apk from the market:
    (Will install as separate versions)
    -More colors coming soon :)

2. Open theme Chooser app and apply honeycomb 3D. The theme engine might say there's assets missing for your device but its lying. Hit that "apply anyways" button with your middle finger ;)

*If the theme isn't showing up at all, your rom most likely came with the latest version of the theme Chooser app preinstalled and its has been having issues, so try scrolling between the themes slowly with your trackball and if that doesnt work, or if your rom didnt include the theme chooser app, here is a link for the apk that can be installed using any app installer: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22147062/ThemeChooser.apk ***

5. Don't forget the hc3D extras zip and bkmo's new zipthemer/metamorph lockscreen, volume sliders, and themed reboot popups for mdpi! (see links below)

Instructions for addons:
    Here's the zip file that includes all latest bkmods, jjhiza's widgets+dock icons, several new honeycomb wallpapers, all stock HC/3.0 app icons (for ppl who like those better than the blue tinted ones in the theme), the 3.0 music player port, maxthon (which is very similar to 3.0's browser), a honeycomb bootanimation, bootanimationutility.apk (for easily switching to new bootanimations), and a battery calibration app that I strongly suggest you install if experiencing any battery drain issues (completely unrelated to the theme but its a small apk so it doesn't really hurt) ;)

1. Download the following file and extract its contents to your SD card or computer:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22147062/hc3D Extras2.zip (5/18 update: latest zipthemer morphs; added more wallpapers, widgets, and icons)

*The current hc3D addons zip is about 13mb whereas bk's zip is only .5mb, so if space is an issue you can download bk's latest zipthemer/metamorph zip separately here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22147062/hc3d-mdpi-morph-26.zip
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22147062/HC3D-lock-addon-hdpi-morph-21.zip
    and you can find the rest separately on xda or send me a pm ;) *

2.For bk's themed lockscreen, reboot popup, and volume sliders download one of the two above links, and apply only the files in HC3D-lckmorph-mdpi-26/hdpi-21.zip to your rom framework by using zipthemer or metamorph. If you have never done this before or need instructions, see this post by Dont Panic: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12497564&postcount=3

3. (ADW, LP, GO launcher): Long-press each of your dock icons and press edit, then select your desired app shortcut/action and icon from the gallery.

4. For jjhiza's widgets/icons you will need to use the "desktop visualizer" app temporarily while we are working on incorporating them into the theme. Separate DL zip: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22147062/JJH HC Layout.zip
    For detailed instructions and original files see this thread by jjhiza: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13248666#post13248666

5. Honeycomb wallpapers can be applied from homescreen *located in gallery (wallpapers folder) after unzipping hc3Dextras2 file*

6. Install the Google 3.0 music player apk with any app installer

7.BootAnimation.apk and BatteryCalibration.apk can also be installed using app installer if you want or need them :) Do not unzip the bootanimation, just use that app tool or swap using root explorer.

8. Some nice transparent and blue market, gmail, facebook apks thread can be found here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=877510

To do List:
    -Optimize for HDPI
    -Add remaining menu popup icons
    -improve 3.0 UI
    -add rest of themed apps/widgets
    -Touch-up images
    -add honeycomb keyboard layout
    -

Its still a work in progress but more is being added on a daily basis, and again, please feel free to make suggestions (especially now while we're still adding icons). V3 will be done in a few weeks with full colored menu icons as well as a blue version (and maybe other colors when the theme is complete) for those who like the current blue icons like I do ;) And if you want to make modifications, send me a pm and Ill see about adding them to the theme or OP! I am also currently looking for more devs with experience in xml or the theme engine to incorporate some bigger changes, so if you have time and are interested in joining the team let me know!
    On deck:
    change 8 dialer icons (contacts, favorites, etc)
    Scrollable/transparent 3.0 widgets
    full colored version
    fix settings icon resolution
    theme wireless tethering app
    finish soft button/stat bar icon pack
    new dl/ul indicators (e, 3g, h 4g)
    touch up battery
    new usb notif icon
    add honeycomb font to status bar clock
    complete zip version

Change log:
    v2.4.2
    New dialer numbers
    resized delete button/numbers
    v2.4.1
    fixed camera
    changed keyboard letters
    v2.4
    added soft button icons
    Fixed keyboard
    Touched up xda app colors
    V2.3.2
    Resized more icons for hdpi
    Changed icons in market/dialer
    fixed call screen
    .9 patches
    Better toast frame border
    V2.3.1
    Pulldown bar
    Status bar
    Clock/date color and size
    Keyboard toggles
    .9 patches
    Themed apps: xda, market, dolphin broswer, fm radio
    V2.3
    Changed battery charging icons
    Clock/date text color
    Keyboard buttons and popups
    New dialer
    Notification backgrounds/text color/ title bar
    New pulldown/status bars
    Several .9 patches
    Added new icons
    Recompiled on linux! (Working preview pic/theme chooser selection for all devices ;)
    V1.0-2.3
    Framework, patches, png selection, redirections/xml, compiling apk
    You don't need cm7. Just a rom that includes the theme Chooser. Like CosDS which I'm on. Or Ginger Yoshi. Or many other gb Roms. I hate that all the themes say cm7 when they work on so many more roms.

Sent from my Mytouch 1.2 using XDA Premium App!
    2.3.2 Yup been fixin again

Here is 2.3.2. I have given some love to the phone.apk this time around. I have added in the answer/deny buttons to match the lockscreen. There are a couple new in-call backgrounds too. A couple of other minor tweaks here and there, but not really noticable.
    Ok guys here's honeycomb3D v2 AND 2.1 :D Hope it was worth the wait, and make sure youre not driving or holding any sharp objects when u install it because Im not responsible for any injuries that may occur if this release blows you away ;) Ive slept like 12 hours in the last 3 days trying to get this thing finally ready and theres still a bunch of things i want to add or change, but i would like to give a huge thankyou to zexcrazy for the new font, progress bars, and border colors and at least 100 patched .9s and a ton of xml work to optimize for hdpi, AND bkmo for the new themed dialer, FM radio, the awesome zipthemer lockscreen and volume mods, and for starting the new notification bar that we're currently working on.

To install:
    1.download release of your choice:
    v2: http://db.tt/B0VzOo7
    v2.1:http://db.tt/5fgodmF
    *v2.1 has preview of new status bar and notification pulldown backgrounds, but if the text is too hard to read (or you don't like them) just install v2 for now and it should be fixed as soon as I lighten the boxes or text*

2. If you were already using v1, switch to a different theme in the theme Chooser app. If not you can download and install like usual, and it should look the exact same for all devices now-thanks zc :)

3. Open your app installer and install hc3D v2 or v2.1 (if switching between the two releases later on, make sure to switch to a different theme before installing the other version)

3. Open theme Chooser app and apply honeycomb3D. It will tell you some assets are missing for your device but its lying. Hit the "apply anyways" button button with your middle finger ;)

5. Don't forget bkmo's new lockscreen, volume sliders, and themed reboot popups!

There's no preview pic for the theme chooser yet so that it will work on mdpi and hdpi without two separate files, but as u probably read bkmo is doing a ton of work trying to get it figured out on linux so it may be working soon. If the theme isn't showing up at all, your rom most likely came witj the newer version of the theme Chooser app that has been having issues with themes compiled in windows, so try scrolling between the themes slowly with your trackball and the name should appear between 2 of your other themes-wierd i kno lol, hopefully tmobile or cm will figure it out soon :/ If that doesnt work just replace the theme Chooser app with the version I provided in the op and it will work the exact same but with the scrolling fixed. Ill update the op with a change log tomorrow, I'm exhausted right now lol. And im going to put together a zip file soon with all of the stock HC app icons for ppl who like them better than the blue ones and include all of bkmo's zipthemer mods and notification widgets, jjhizas dock icons and Widgets, and all necessary apps so everything is in one place and smaller/faster to download. Let me know what you guys think and I hope you like the new changes :)