[Q] UK Release Date- Pre Order Info for Galaxy Tab 10.1?

Search This thread

UKseagull

Apr 28, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
Folks, if you get to hear of the UK price, release date or pre-order info for the Galaxy Tab 10.1, please share the details here.

I'm in limbo at the moment, I've returned an Asus Transformer and am hanging on for some info on the price and release date for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 before I try my luck with another Transformer.

I've seen something mentioning that Vodafone are getting the tab first?
http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/15/vodafone-uk-lands-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-exclusive-launch/

Any updates appreciated.

Viralwhite

Aug 27, 2010
Virginia
Folks, if you get to hear of the UK price, release date or pre-order info for the Galaxy Tab 10.1, please share the details here.

I'm in limbo at the moment, I've returned an Asus Transformer and am hanging on for some info on the price and release date for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 before I try my luck with another Transformer.

I've seen something mentioning that Vodafone are getting the tab first?
http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/15/vodafone-uk-lands-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-exclusive-launch/

Any updates appreciated.

I don't have any additional information, but wanted to point out that the article you have posted is out-of-date. It was posted in February and talks about a "March" release date in other countries, which I don't think has happened.

UKseagull

Apr 28, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
Cheers for that Viralwhite. :)

Info seems to be very thin on the ground over here at the moment, there are a couple of web sites advertising pre-order but they look to be very expensive and I've never heard of them before. I'd prefer to see something from the more prominent retailers.

Viralwhite

Aug 27, 2010
Virginia
Cheers for that Viralwhite. :)

Info seems to be very thin on the ground over here at the moment, there are a couple of web sites advertising pre-order but they look to be very expensive and I've never heard of them before. I'd prefer to see something from the more prominent retailers.

I don't blame you. Best of luck to you on getting one. I'm in the same boat and hoping Best Buy gets them in stock. Even worse though, I'm still hoping the launch date is June 8th. I returned my Iconia for the 10.1.

Cheers! :)

snoopstah

Oct 7, 2006
Play are advertising the 10.1v, that is 10.9mm thick (v.s. 8.6mm) and has an 8MP rear camera (vs. 3MP), which has been out in Australia and parts of Europe for over a month now. Handtec and Clove are also advertising this model, based on their specs. Unfortunately they are all calling it the 10.1 (I don't know if that's what Samsung are calling this model in the UK or not).

Just another case of two tablets with very similar specs and very similar names that will lead to a lot of consumer confusion.

I've seen nothing recently to suggest that the UK will be getting the 'thin' Galaxy Tab 10.1 at all -- I'm expecting to have to import one from the US.