ZAGG invisibleShield For Desire S

Search This thread

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I found this cheaper alternative to the skin, by skinomi, I think I'm going to buy it because offers an edge protection as you can see on the images. I hope the quality isn't poor. http://www.skinomi.com/htc-desire-s-skin-protector.html
Never heard of the company before. It will protect the edges, but it will not offer the invinsible scrath-free film like the invisibleSHIELD. I also suspect the film is made of a cheap kind, and it will be likely to peel away - especially since the DS is curved, and the film is most likely to peel away from these areas.

If you do end up buying it, please post a review :)

FrEaK_101

May 23, 2012
Hey everyone. I got my invisible shield yesterday. Full body coverage. Carphone Warehouse £17.99. Installed it yesterday. Pleased with results.
As you can see in the pictures, there are still water bubbles on the front screen protector, but they are still drying up.

Now I am rest assured my desire s will remain scratch-free! :D

Sorry for the poor quality, shot on a 3mp tg01 camera.

Any questions, request more pictures, and I will be glad to answer!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA Premium App

thanks for this im going to get a full body case protector to stop my DS getting mashed up with my keys lol :D and it looks nice lol :D

pzabet

Oct 2, 2011
Thanks for helping me choose a screen protector for my "Gorilla Glass" screen did not help me very much (17 micro scratches and one mini scratch)

korenisko

Apr 23, 2009
Realme 7
c35b38ad-b187-6acf.jpg

After 8 months...

yas87

Feb 16, 2009
Milano
update: after some months i got an invisible shield replacment, with custom shape, that leave sensors free, but the problem persist, after a call the sensor feel something near it and don't unlock the screen, neither with unlock button... now with miui i disabled the sensor, but is real demoralizing a phone that have problems only with calls...
Maybe with other films that are normal all will work properly, dunno. I don't want to take off an Invisible shield without a problem on it, is a really good protection :) even if it don't make my phone perfect.
There is the possibility to give more power to the sensor? :D

king_josh60

Dec 27, 2011
birmingham
update: after some months i got an invisible shield replacment, with custom shape, that leave sensors free, but the problem persist, after a call the sensor feel something near it and don't unlock the screen, neither with unlock button... now with miui i disabled the sensor, but is real demoralizing a phone that have problems only with calls...
Maybe with other films that are normal all will work properly, dunno. I don't want to take off an Invisible shield without a problem on it, is a really good protection :) even if it don't make my phone perfect.
There is the possibility to give more power to the sensor? :D

You can go into settings on many roms like in fallout ROM, in the tweaks, it gives you the option to end calls using the power button at the top,I use that because my case gets in the way of the sensor

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New pictures

Bubbles have mostly dried up now :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA Premium App
    Thanks. I am trying to look for actual pictures for the maximum coverage for the DS. From their official site, the only difference of the maximum coverage from the full coverage is that the maximum coverage has extra cover for the upper and lower parts of the front screen. Their picture never showed that it covers the sides, the back covers is kinda the same as the full body. I doubt that it has cover for the sides. I know the possibility of covering the whole device varies from the design of the device. Like the iPhone 4, the picture of the maximum coverage does show it has covers on the sides, also iPhone is a lot easier to cover since it has a flat design even on the sides. However, the maximum coverage of DS does not show any side covers.

Yeah, it probably won't cover the sides. But it will cover he top and bottom.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
    I'm kinda new to this so I got to ask:

Considering the phone has Corning's gorilla glass which should make it quite resistant to scratches (one of the reasons I got my DS), what advantages such screen protectors give you?

This is an honest question, I'm not trying to poke people for protecting their phones even more, it's up to each person individually and their usage, I'm just ignorant of the reasoning and would like to know more..

Best regards,
    Daniel
    Hey there,
    Yes the screen is scratch resistant. However, like most people we don't want to take the risk, and we place a screen protector on to ensure it's protection.

However, this invisible shield also is 100% scratch free. After using it for around 8-9 months, i can say that it is very very good. THere are no scratches at all on the protector. It's still in pristine condition.

(I'll try to get some pictures up soon)

Also, the back of the device is made of aluminum - which can be scratched.The shield protects the back + gives it good grip
    Hello everyone!
    I just don't understand if the "Maximum protection" version is actually able to cover Desire's sides and corners. There are no side stickers but maybe the back cover ones wrap them well, don't they? I would like to buy one because i'm bored of tick silicone, tpu or composite covers. Sides and corners are very exposed to scratches as well as the screen, i'm in doubt. Thanks.

It covers MORE of the sides, but not all if it. It covers the curved part of the chin (just below the buttons) that's a nnotable difference with the maximum shield.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium