[IDEA] LocoRoco game clone

Search This thread

Andy2.2

Aug 5, 2010
Belfast
Hi all, just signed up here, have been browsing around for a while. :)

I was thinking that LocoRoco or a LocoRoco like game would be ideal for any phone with a Gyroscope or Accelerometer; of which there are many.
I thought that LocoRoco would be ideal as it would not require any hardkey mapping, as the game, which is originally a PSP title, only uses the L and R keys to tilt the screen left and right. (Which could possibly be duplicated by tilting the phone left and right)

Unfortunately I have no developing skills :( so I would be useless if it came to helping with the development of it.

I searched to see if there had been any other interest in LocoRoco coming to Android or Windows Mobile, and fair to say there were 1or2 threads dating back to 2008-2009, but neither of which attracted a lot of attention.

Sorry I couldn't add a link to the game, new user restrictions :p

thanks, andy.

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
huh? can you elaborate please? first ive heard, but if your right, then my god thats going to kick ass!

It's just speculation at the moment but rumour is the PSP2 will be a Phone, an Android phone at that, so they can compete better with the DS. It's a solid rumor, gone back ages and the Android link comes from Sony's new relationship with google and... let's face it, It's gonna be a smart phone if it does happen and they're not going to pick Symbian over Android especially after the success of the X10.

I don't think they'd scap their digital distribution they got started with the PSP Go, especially because each "PSP Phone" would have 3G. So it would either be a dedicated market just for PSP games or they would distribute them throughout the Android Market.

Who knows, perhaps the "PSP Phone" isn't a specific handset but them distributing via several on the android market (assumption would be they're locked only to SE phones but I'm sure this could be overcome).

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
i have locoroco running on my hero! well, its not exactly a native game. i had this java locoroco game for my previous SE phone and I used it with Jave ME on my hero and it works. perfectly. :D

Gamercjm

Jan 18, 2007
Edit: nevermind. Posted a game name but ended up not being the same type of game

Last edited: