[ROM]FLEXBOMB-R6-STOCK LG KERNEL + Custom Kernel Packages (10-Jun-2012)EXT3

Search This thread

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
dear @civato thanks a lot again.

Tried for another day and even with some heavy use I got more than 24 hours and still 30% battery left. That is really awesome. I used voicecall around 40 minutes, some music with bluetooth, few photo and video clicks, lots of Gallery browsing (see screenshot) and still got 30%, that means it can go longer with minimal use. Well I can now say...this is one of the best StockRom in xda at the moment.
PS: There is no major change done on device, except I usually use ATK with Crazy killing of apps every hour. But I am not sure the battery improved for that reason or not. May be not.....anyways waiting a day was worthwhile....

OK that is good news and that is exactly the same what happend with me , the first day I tought , oh no bad battery life but then it started changing and now it is good .
I'm glad it worked out the same for you ! ENJOY it m8!

Reactions: spica1234

KillerbeeNL

Dec 25, 2008
Again i have to report that this rom is awesome.

Installed the 4.5 version some days ago after full wipe.

And now i have installed the 4.7 version and did not do anything to it.

It is smooth with stock kernel and no data/wifi/gps problems.

Only ICS can make me flash my phone again :D

Thanks again Civato and hope you enjoy my candy i had donated :)

Greetzzz

Reactions: lepcheur and civato

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
This rom rock awesome I got very little problem with youtube that verry choppy :(

After your this report I rechecked YouTube, and all videos are running smoother and superb with HD. I tested on 3G and WiFi too. Superb speed.
I am not sure why... may be YT got automatically updated on my Wifi which I dont know exactly or the other reason could be 3G speed by my carrier and WIFI speed by my ISP is superb. YT play is certainly high-quality and high FPS on my device. :) may be your internet is slow...just a guess.

PS: Checked YT version in Manage Apps and its showing 2.3.4. I am not sure this is correct version, this could be the Android version.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

This rom is FLEXBOMB but NO custom icons and all LG stuff removed, total of 32 apps are removed but are still available in the "system app flasher": R4...-B2B-System-APP-FLASHER.zip.html

REMOVED APPS:
AnalogAlarmWidget/AnalogClockWidget/BookmarksWidget/Bubbles/CarHome&CarHomeLauncher/ClockWeatherWidget/ICSLiveWallpaper/ContactWidget/DeskClock/DigitalAlarmWidget/DigitalClockWidget/EmailWidget/FmRadio/FMRadioWidget/GalaxyWallpaper/LGMemo/LGOnScreenPhone/MagicSmokeWallpapers/MagneticWallpaper/MemoWidget/MessageWidget/MirrorNewsWidget/PhotoFrameWidget/RainyDay2Wallpaper/SmartShare/TodayBriefingWidget/TodayScheduleWidget/TreeInSnowWallpaper/wdwallpaper/WorldClockWidget.

This really a good idea to keep all these stuff seperate. Keeps rom clean from unwanted apps. And whoever wants extra apps can flash it.

But FMRadio is part of hardware specification. I think rom should contain FMRadio as device have hardware.

PS: Downloaded FLEXBOMB-R4...-B2B-System-APP-FLASHER.zip ,extracted FMRadio.apk and placed in /system/app and voila icon appeared in drawer. Did Same with FMRadioWidget.apk. Now FMradio and FMWidget working well... thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: k101d

k101d

Aug 23, 2007
Hatyai
After your this report I rechecked YouTube, and all videos are running smoother and superb with HD. I tested on 3G and WiFi too. Superb speed.
I am not sure why... may be YT got automatically updated on my Wifi which I dont know exactly or the other reason could be 3G speed by my carrier and WIFI speed by my ISP is superb. YT play is certainly high-quality and high FPS on my device. :) may be your internet is slow...just a guess.

PS: Checked YT version in Manage Apps and its showing 2.3.4. I am not sure this is correct version, this could be the Android version.

Thanks I not sure what problem cause ? I installed+HP+setcpu and decide to fresh install again with no HP and delete youtube from /system/app then download new from market this time work perfect I still not know what I do can solve problem ? BUT youtube work smooth and I happy to wacth some short clip :D

EDIT:
1.After run I flash romoveral OSP and boot go to about phone -> FC
2.I can't take screenshot via combination power button+home or any key.

SO look for new rom one and while search let try to flash tweak V20q from there http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1503459 BINGO both problem gone now I can take screenshot with power button+home let play with this for a while.

One question who know how to take screenshot of lockscreen ??

Last edited:

forforce

May 10, 2008
www.cumseface.eu
Hi and thanks for this great rom. Can somebody recomend some great performance packs and kernel with no OC to flash with cwm to improove performance and battery on this rom? Thanks in advance.

p.s. I installed osp and ota remover and now i have force close on settings - phone info :(

k101d

Aug 23, 2007
Hatyai
Hi and thanks for this great rom. Can somebody recomend some great performance packs and kernel with no OC to flash with cwm to improove performance and battery on this rom? Thanks in advance.

p.s. I installed osp and ota remover and now i have force close on settings - phone info :(

One post above this I said about OSP remove

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo

Man, you want 2 things that everyone looks for, but sometimes they are conflicting. With kernel provided on this rom you will get amazing battery life (mine is at 75% with 2,5h of music, one short call, 3g sync all the time), but no overclock and quadrant score near 2000 (at least to me). However, to me the real feel is very good, with the phone keeping very responsive, without home redraw and absolutely stable.
With other kernels you can get more power, on processor (you can get more than 3000 quadrant with last RC-R from spica, or 2500 with guestes) but also with more battery drain and/or unstable problems (I got some freezes with RC-R even with no power profiles, and guestes is stable but uses more battery).
In my case, I need a phone 200% stable (I hate even the idea of removing battery), with no black screen after calls and with battery life that alows me to use it at least for 24h with all phone's resource (including some gps's apps).
My suggestion: keep the default kernel on civiato's rom for at least 4-5 days, than try other kernels, remembering civiato's suggestion of reflash rom before every kernel you flash. My 2 cents that you'll not feel more responsive on other kernels, so give it a try.

forforce

May 10, 2008
www.cumseface.eu
>One post above this I said about OSP remove

I know but I needed to reinstall rom to make stk.apk work again... I think OSP-OmaDM-remover for V20q based rom is buggy couse about phone force closed and stk tool didn`t worked. Now It`s ok with Flix123 Tweak. :) best rom till now with this settings.
Would you recommend spica performance pack 10lite with this rom ? and spica rc11-r kernel ? couse rc12-r is full of bugs and I don`t need OC. Or is better SR2 ? I don`t know what kernel to use as I search for more stability than performance .

Last edited:

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
>
Would you recommend spica performance pack 10lite with this rom ? and spica rc11-r kernel ? couse rc12-r is full of bugs and I don`t need OC. Or is better SR2 ? I don`t know what kernel to use as I search for more stability than performance .

If I wasn't clear, I recomend you to stay on stock for at least 4-5 days. Than try spicas for 4-5 days at least also and make your choose.

I'm insisting this because I hadn't give a try with civiatos stock and now I know that I lost too much time just for quadrant points.

Reactions: forforce

SuperSkill

Jun 25, 2011
Kristiansand
>One post above this I said about OSP remove

I know but I needed to reinstall rom to make stk.apk work again... I think OSP-OmaDM-remover for V20q based rom is buggy couse about phone force closed and stk tool didn`t worked. Now It`s ok with Flix123 Tweak. :) best rom till now with this settings.

You should probably stick with stock kernel for now;)

forforce

May 10, 2008
www.cumseface.eu
Thanks for the tip, I`ll test it as you say ;) . My goal is to play HQ flash content from browser.. at least 480p youtube videos as smooth as they can :)..till now it`s working good but it can be better... I don`t know if this from kernel or flash player version but on stock rom v20L same video was a little bit shuttered .. with civatos it`s working very good.

edit: I found something strange... left speaker from phone is not working ... :( only the right one. Does this have to do with some sound tweaks ? Anybody have the same problem ?

Last edited:

k101d

Aug 23, 2007
Hatyai
Thanks for the tip, I`ll test it as you say ;) . My goal is to play HQ flash content from browser.. at least 480p youtube videos as smooth as they can :)..till now it`s working good but it can be better... I don`t know if this from kernel or flash player version but on stock rom v20L same video was a little bit shuttered .. with civatos it`s working very good.

edit: I found something strange... left speaker from phone is not working ... :( only the right one. Does this have to do with some sound tweaks ? Anybody have the same problem ?

O2X has only one speaker . The left is for microphone. So this normal all sound come from the right speaker only.

zic1

Nov 9, 2011
Hi,
I just want to tried this ROM (B2B) version and must send many thanks to civato for his great work. Everthing is fine except when I press "about phone" i receive error: the process.com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly ? What could it be the reason?

Cheers

k101d

Aug 23, 2007
Hatyai
Hi,
I just want to tried this ROM (B2B) version and must send many thanks to civato for his great work. Everthing is fine except when I press "about phone" i receive error: the process.com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly ? What could it be the reason?

Cheers

May be the same problem with other rom (rebuild V20q) the problem is come from remove OSP so you can try to use tweak from that thread to corrected problem take a look at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1503459 and use tweak from post #2 (you can look inside zip file that it replace some file so if you not sure you can copy old file before use this zip so you can replace back if you want to go back)

Reactions: zic1

zic1

Nov 9, 2011
Hi,
yes, you are right! This error hapenned after I installed OSP & Omdaclient remover...

civato

Apr 20, 2011
Sorry guys that I have not much time to look at this thread , been to busy with ICS tablet rom.
But I will make a new build with Spica1234 SR3 kernel build in in the coming days.
My m8 asked me so I will do that for You Spica , just give me some time.

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
If you make it stable I'll be your fan until die! I'm trying for 24h various combination to get an uptime of at least a day, without success until now.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA

cesarguaro

Jan 21, 2010
Bogotá
it would be great that you can make a rom again civato... i have your rom in my o2x and its perfect..... better than any other rom... i have tried many roms and your rom is the one that work perfect.... :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE:
    This is here because I want to share my personal custom rom I made after I got my phone after a week , I didn't like how it looked so I changed some stuff and added some stuff.
    Got my inspiration on these forums.
    My main rom is FLEXREAPER for the A500 & G100W tablet and A100 FLEX-A100-REAPER so this is a side kick.

Don't expect active support from me , I got kids so they are very time consuming.
    Again I post this here so you can enjoy what I put together.
    If you like it , good , if you don't, move along.......and no hard feelings.

DON'T EXPECT SOME CRAZY STUFF IN THE ROM OR VERY CUSTOMIZED , IT'S A CLEAN SIMPLE ROM TO BE STABLE AND FAST WITH SOME PERSONAL NOTES AND TWEAKS LIKE I WANT IT ON MY PHONE . MY PHONE NEEDS TO RUN 24/7 WITHOUT CRASHES.
    AGAIN THIS IS HERE FOR YOU TO ENJOY IF YOU WANT BUT DON'T EXPECT MORE STUFF TO BE ADDED.

Civ.
    Installation:
    -You need to convert back to EXT3(if you are on EXT4 , doing this will wipe all data)
    -Wipe: Data- Factory/reset, Dalvik.
    -Format: cache , data , system.

-Comming from stock or other EXT3 you can try flashing without wiping data and formating but don't complain if you got some things that won't work.

-First installation after full wipe can take a while so be patience
    FLEXBOMB-R6_V20q-Stock_LG_Kernel
    (V20q based with init.d support , No OmaDmclient)

You want OC versions , see custom kernel section.

Basebands (BB)
    All the files are here with smartflash (flash in order 1,2,3,4) and ril is installed with cwm

V20M

V20Q

V20R

V20S

R6=Based on V20q rom
    -Bootsound removed
    -Keyboard sound changed to ICS
    -Full deodexed and zipaligned
    -bussybox 1.20.1
    -Rooted (su 3.07 bin 3.0.3.2)
    -Sony Bravia patch
    -Color mods by me and BigDX , Icons from Dark3r Rize.
    -Settings, Phone , contact and mms based on "Gabriesu" ICECOMB mod.
    -% battery
    -Ad-Hoc
    -tun.ko and cif.ko in modules
    -sysro and sysrw in bin
    -zipalign apk on installation
    -2Launchers: Google stock launcher , LGlauncher.
    -2Keyboards: ICS keyboard and LG keyboard
    -Tweaks: memory , battery life , Dalvik cleaner , Auto Battery Calibration , Kernel and internet.(non agressive tweaks)
    GPS quick fix with lto file , and update script
    (If gps gets slow you open terminal and type: su(enter) gps-update(enter) and lto will be updated)
    OmaDmClient removed (Thanks to Flix123)
    Apps in data (so can be removed like normal apps)

ES file explorer
    Maps
    GMail
    Street
    VoiceSearch
    Flashplayer
    Polaris Office
    QRDroid
    x2Reboot
    Terminal Emulator
    Torch.
    YouTube

All LG stuff removed, total of 28 apps are removed but are still available in the "system app flasher":
    FLEXBOMB-R6-System-APP-FLASHER
    REMOVED APPS:
    AnalogAlarmWidget/AnalogClockWidget/BookmarksWidget/Bubbles/CarHome&CarHomeLauncher/ClockWeatherWidget/ICSLiveWallpaper/ContactWidget/DeskClock/DigitalAlarmWidget/DigitalClockWidget/EmailWidget/GalaxyWallpaper/LGMemo/MagicSmokeWallpapers/MagneticWallpaper/MessageWidget/MirrorNewsWidget/RainyDay2Wallpaper/SmartShare/TodayBriefingWidget/TodayScheduleWidget/TreeInSnowWallpaper/wdwallpaper/WorldClockWidget.

How do I put back a app that is not in the rom?

-First you make sure you installed the rom and rebooted once!
    -Then you download the "FLEXBOMB-R6-System-APP-FLASHER".
    -You open it (DON'T UNZIP) using winrar or something simular.
    -You DELETE the apps that you don't want in system/app folder of the zip file.
    -Now you flash the "FLEXBOMB-R6-System-APP-FLASHER"with cwm.
    -Reboot and enjoy!
    CUSTOM KERNELS
    Installation:
    Install with cwm.

What are these installers:
    -These Kernel installers are different from the originals.

-If you use them all the left-overs from custom kernels are cleaned out (apps , init.d , lib , bin) so you get a clean start.

-The kernel tweak apps like HP and GuesteOC are placed in data/app and not system/app for easy removal.

-Example: if you flash the "FLEXBOMB stock_LG_kernel_INSTALLER" (with init.d support) all the custom stuff is gone and you are back to full R6 stock kernel version , no left-overs from custom kernels.

FLEXBOMB-V20q-stock_LG_kernel_INSTALLER
    (back to stock kernel with init.d support)

FLEXBOMB-HP_PreSR4_Preview_OC_SuperSonic12-INSTALLER
    Folow this kernel here

FLEXBOMB-guestekrnL-v1.8.1-INSTALLER
    Folow this kernel here

FLEXBOMB-guestekrnL-v1.8.1-BEST_BATTERY-INSTALLER

FLEXBOMB-FlixEdition-v1.3-INSTALLER
    Folow this kernel here

FLEXBOMB-AdrenalinForce_BasedOnSr3R-INSTALLER
    Folow this kernel here

MODS
    Please before you use this reboot a fresh installed rom first and do your settings , then you can go back into cwm to flash these mods!!

-Center blue Clock/Date,Blue clock and notification text color

-Center white Clock/Date,White clock and notification text color

-Center white-blue Clock/Date,White Clock/date color and Blue notification text color
    OSP (OnScreenPhone) remover / reinstaller
    (OmaDm is already gone in the base rom)
    (Thanks To Flix123 for helping me getting this correct)

FLEXBOMB-OSP-remover

FLEXBOMB-OSP-Reinstaller
    (changed your mind and want OSP back)
    Installation MODS:
    -ONLY TESTED ON R6 V20q based rom
    -Always flash base rom first and reboot it first and then go back to cwm
    -Wipe cache and dalvik (if having problems)
    -Flash with CWM
    -Enjoy
    CHANGELOG:
    New R5 release Based on V20Q with V20R baseband as I find it the best for me (if you need other basebands I uploaded the V20M , V20Q and V20R with all the files you need , baseband is flashed with smartflash ans ril is installed with cwm.
    Updated all the apps and blablabla.....

1-6-2012
    -New release of my system dump V20r , R5.5 ,
    (I noticed that apps are exactly the same as V20q , but there is a difference in framework .jar files , lib and some bin files)

-Added R5.5 with stock kernel
    -Added OmaDMClient and OSP remover

9-6-2012: NEW R5.7 V20S
    Custom kernel installers

10-6-2012:
    New release R6 based on V20q , final release for now ...

CRT animation
    Memory tweaks and blablabalababla......
    Some screenshots of R6...with extra system apps and widgets:

1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    6.png
    5.png

OLDER ROMS BASED ON V20q and V20r

FLEXBOMB-R5-LG_Optimus_2x-STOCK
    (stock LG kernel with init.d support)

checksum: 555a6709b30f6e8980fae3cbc608d003

(Full V20q rom with 20r rild , you want differnet ril , download BB , there is a cwm packages just to change the ril)

FLEXBOMB-R5.5-V20r-STOCK
    (stock LG kernel no init.d support so kernel tools like HP and Gueste won't work

(Full V20r rom based on my system dump)
    checksum: ed6768d6ed2767af9a343407ab2a8142
    (I noticed that apps are exactly the same as V20q , but there is a difference in framework .jar files , lib and some bin files)

FLEXBOMB-V5.7-V20S-STOCK_LG_KERNEL
    (Stock LG Kernel with init.d support)
    Full V20s rom.

Checksum: B5CBE80A9E0631AC8551F4E047507A23 *FLEXBOMB-V5.7-V20S-STOCK_LG_KERNEL.zip
    Thanks to XDA and all the Members like "navlem" who's BlazingDragon rom gave me inspiration and for "Gabriesu" ICECOMB mod.

I'm a noob and planning on staying one , don't know anything about Linux.
    I was born when color TV was a rare thing , cell-phones ?? MP3 ?? DVD ?? Blue-Ray?? Home-PC?? ..............
    When I was a kid we played outside and I recommend this for all the kids!!
    Family and friends comes first !!!!!
    R6

10-6-2012:
    New release R6 based on V20q , final release for now ...

CRT animation
    Memory tweaks and blablabalababla......

Now I'm back of to the Tablet rom , cya all later.......

R5.7

R5.7 V20s released !

enjoy , custom kernels available as seperate download , see detail of those packages and what is so special about them.
    welcome back Civato...

Please continue your amazing work!!!!

Hey veerrrryyy nice! Comeback of a TOP ROM! Even with a guestekrnL included :) Thank you!

Thanks , but now I see it is kinda a sad return for me.
    Spica my m8 is missing, I wanted to build one with his kernel also.
    What I can pick up is gpl stuff not beeing followed.
    Ah well I hope all turns out for the best, I know you will do the right thing Spica.
    Your are not alone and we all want you to come back ,
    I also understand Stefan and he's also my m8 , so people don't go crazy on him , its xda rules , its not that I'm a good nice Viking all the time, I got the ban hammer hanging above me for having a word fight here on xda. But I gotta live with that , these are the rules , break them and .........

And carburano don't stop your rom thread m8 , take a break but don't stop.
    I'm just a passing by builder , I post my rom I got on my phone , you build new stuff all the time .
    Your phone rom is like my flexreaper tablet rom, our pride and joy.
    Sorry guys that I have not much time to look at this thread , been to busy with ICS tablet rom.
    But I will make a new build with Spica1234 SR3 kernel build in in the coming days.
    My m8 asked me so I will do that for You Spica , just give me some time.