Got New Moto X XT1060

Search This thread

L7iharsha

Aug 25, 2011
Vijaywada
Hey guys i got Moto X Verizon wireless and i wanted to root and install custom room is it possible with verizon wireless ?can i unlock bootloader if yes can anyone give me some sort of guide please.

Kittiesoncrack

Aug 11, 2012
Chicago
Hey guys i got Moto X Verizon wireless and i wanted to root and install custom room is it possible with verizon wireless ?can i unlock bootloader if yes can anyone give me some sort of guide please.

First, this is a general thread. Second, read and then read again. and then ask . Im not trying to be rude, cause we've all been there. If you have a dev edition, you can unlock your bootloader, but if you dont, the bootloader is not unlockable. Although there is a root method over in Original Development

L7iharsha

Aug 25, 2011
Vijaywada
ok but can u help me regarding this i live in india im not getting signal with gsm networks it never connects to the network can u help?

L7iharsha

Aug 25, 2011
Vijaywada
i have correct settings it connects and immediately showing emergency only what could be the reason?

can i roll back to jellybean

Last edited:

SymbioticGenius

Aug 24, 2012
I seriously hope you are trolling but in case you aren't...

Google the bands your network requires. Google the bands Verizon's MotoX has.
Google GSM developer editions bands.

Hopefully you can figure it out from here

Sent from my MotoX Developer Edition

Reactions: aldouse

aldouse

Jul 14, 2010
Milpitas
Dude.... seriously.... read the threads....all your questions will be answered there. Otherwise, Google it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

D

Darth

No offence intended....but if you can't figure this stuff out from the threads in the dev section, then you may want to study more and learn this stuff a bit before doing anything. Trying these things when you don't understand it can lead to very bad times. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
i have correct settings it connects and immediately showing emergency only what could be the reason?

What could be the reason?

First let me start by saying, I've seen you post looking for help in several threads now. Unfortunately we don't use your carrier so there is a good chance none of us can help you resolve your specific issue. All we can do is give you the general tips that might help. That being said, the following sums up the MANY threads about using the Verizon Wireless (VZW) Moto X on a GSM carrier like ATT and T-Mobile in the USA and they should apply to you...

1. is your carrier CDMA or GSM?

If CDMA, the VZW X likely wont work with it no matter what you do as it supports the frequencies for 1xRTT/CDMA/EVDO that VZW uses which may differ from what your carrier uses, plus the authentication values needed for 1xRTT/CDMA/EVDO are hard coded to Verizon's settings and I haven't seen discussion to change these to non-Verizon settings like we could with older CDMA feature phones.

If GSM, since the VZW X is Sim unlocked, and supports quad band GSM/Edge 850/900/1800/1900Mhz, as long as your carrier uses those frequencies you have a chance of at least voice and EDGE data speeds. When it comes to HSPA or LTE data speeds, that depends on the frequencies your carrier uses vs what frequencies the VZW Moto X supports. Motorola.COM properly lists all the bands the VZW X supported when it first shipped. The Kit Kat Rom update has also added LTE Band 4 support to the VZW X, which I do not think is listed on Motorola's web page yet.

NOTE: if your carrier is GSM, you need to make sure you go into Settings -> Wireless & network settings (more..) -> Mobile Networks.. and enable roaming, and set the network mode to either Global or GSM/UMTS.

2. Do you have the right APN settings for your carrier?

In some cases, I've had the APN settings come down automatically when using a Non-VZW sim in my VZW Moto X and everything worked. Other cases, I had to manually input the APN settings before it would work and the "Emergency call only" status would go away. I also experienced even though I had entered the correct APN settings, MMS didn't work.

So its important you have the 100% correct APN settings, make sure you make no typographical errors when entering, and even then, there is a chance things might not work.

3. There is an apparent problem with voice/data LTE and such when using a GSM SIM. It impacts T-Mobile, but I haven't seen if it also impacts ATT (not likely due to ATT using different LTE bands the VZW X can't connect to). For more info, see this thread -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578665 and start around post #14.

Finally... Can you roll back to Jellybean? This question has been covered many many times in other threads which is why you are getting "search" and "read" type responses.

For the Verizon Moto X there are 3 ROMs at this time...
  1. Initial Shipping JB 4.2.2 ROM (Blur_Version.139.10.53.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US).
  2. First OTA Update JB 4.2.2 with the Camera Update ROM (Blur_Version.139.15.1.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US),
  3. KitKat 4.4 ROM (Blur_Version.140.45.5.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US).
If your phone is already using the "camera update rom" or Kit Kat rom, you can no longer flash the initial shipping JB rom, but you can flash the other two. There are threads discussing how to use RSDLite, or fastboot, to flash the ROMs if you need to know how.

NOTE: the "Blur_Version" in parenthesis denotes how they are listed on -> http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 and When visiting SBF.Droid-Developers, when ever you are on the phone selection page be sure to pick the Moto X, not the Droid X!!!

If you are running Kit Kat now, you could try to flash back to the Camera Update rom and see if you have better luck.

And that is all I can offer. Sorry.

Reactions: s_u_n

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
I'm contacted one of my Frnd who is pro in cdma programming in India after watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6rzB_FwE4A&feature=youtube_gdata_player he told me that Verizon Locked GSM radio on my Moto X he said that needs some root modification

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
Well, then I'm sure my experience of putting a T-Mobile USA and ATT USA (both GSM carrier) SIMs in my X, a and getting them to work using GSM/HSPA only, along with the experiences of the many others who did the same and posted about it, doesn't count since your "friend who is pro" and just watched a video determined the GSM side was locked.

No, the GSM Side of the Verizon USA Moto X is not SIM locked. If it was I could not put a Non-Verizon SIM in and make it work. And even if it was, I've never seen ROOT needed to SIM Unlock. The phone is sold by Verizon as a "Global Phone" meaning it supports at least quad band GSM/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900Mhz) which are used around the globe. Now, if your carrier does't use those frequencies, it wont work.

As I said in my previous post there is what appears to be a bug or problem when using LTE with at least T-Mobile USA.. and pointed you to this thread -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578665 and suggested you start reading at post #14... Please VISIT THAT THREAD AND READ THOSE COMMENTS!!!!!! it outlines the problem and a work around.

You mention troubles getting GSM bands in your original post, but now that you mention your friend and CDMA, I'll go back to what I posted. If your carrier uses CDMA, the VZW X wont work. But you haven't stated if your carrier uses CDMA or GSM, just that you can't get GSM Bands. If the SIM you are trying to use if from a carrier that only uses GSM Bands, that is one thing. But if the carrier uses CDMA its something else.

@KidJoe can I flash this Android 4.2.2
Blur_Version.139.15.1.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Did you read where I said there were 3 roms for the VZW X currently? What was ROM #2?? And I said that if you were on the Camera Update, or Kit Kat, you could flash either of those two roms, just not the initial shipping rom. So yes, if your phone is a Verizon Wireless USA Moto X, you can flash that as it is the #2 aka Camera Update rom.

Forgive me for sounding a bit frustrated, but I took the time to type that up, and you obviously didn't read it, nor did you give details of your carrier, what frequencies you were trying to use, etc.

Now, you mention that you have a "Frnd who is pro in cdma programming in India " then why not have him/her help you solve this?

L7iharsha

Aug 25, 2011
Vijaywada
I have the same bands in India my carrier support em there is no carrier or band issue the main point is my Frnd and my Old Verizon Moto X With GSM Working fine only mine not working !!that's why I'm worried even My droid Ultra Working fine with Indian GSM

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
I am curious to know what happened to this phone in the last one month. @L7iharsha: Were you finally able to resolve the issue of voice calls not working on your GSM carrier with your Moto X Verizon version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I seriously hope you are trolling but in case you aren't...

Google the bands your network requires. Google the bands Verizon's MotoX has.
    Google GSM developer editions bands.

Hopefully you can figure it out from here

Sent from my MotoX Developer Edition

What could be the reason?

First let me start by saying, I've seen you post looking for help in several threads now. Unfortunately we don't use your carrier so there is a good chance none of us can help you resolve your specific issue. All we can do is give you the general tips that might help. That being said, the following sums up the MANY threads about using the Verizon Wireless (VZW) Moto X on a GSM carrier like ATT and T-Mobile in the USA and they should apply to you...

1. is your carrier CDMA or GSM?

If CDMA, the VZW X likely wont work with it no matter what you do as it supports the frequencies for 1xRTT/CDMA/EVDO that VZW uses which may differ from what your carrier uses, plus the authentication values needed for 1xRTT/CDMA/EVDO are hard coded to Verizon's settings and I haven't seen discussion to change these to non-Verizon settings like we could with older CDMA feature phones.

If GSM, since the VZW X is Sim unlocked, and supports quad band GSM/Edge 850/900/1800/1900Mhz, as long as your carrier uses those frequencies you have a chance of at least voice and EDGE data speeds. When it comes to HSPA or LTE data speeds, that depends on the frequencies your carrier uses vs what frequencies the VZW Moto X supports. Motorola.COM properly lists all the bands the VZW X supported when it first shipped. The Kit Kat Rom update has also added LTE Band 4 support to the VZW X, which I do not think is listed on Motorola's web page yet.

NOTE: if your carrier is GSM, you need to make sure you go into Settings -> Wireless & network settings (more..) -> Mobile Networks.. and enable roaming, and set the network mode to either Global or GSM/UMTS.

2. Do you have the right APN settings for your carrier?

In some cases, I've had the APN settings come down automatically when using a Non-VZW sim in my VZW Moto X and everything worked. Other cases, I had to manually input the APN settings before it would work and the "Emergency call only" status would go away. I also experienced even though I had entered the correct APN settings, MMS didn't work.

So its important you have the 100% correct APN settings, make sure you make no typographical errors when entering, and even then, there is a chance things might not work.

3. There is an apparent problem with voice/data LTE and such when using a GSM SIM. It impacts T-Mobile, but I haven't seen if it also impacts ATT (not likely due to ATT using different LTE bands the VZW X can't connect to). For more info, see this thread -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578665 and start around post #14.

Finally... Can you roll back to Jellybean? This question has been covered many many times in other threads which is why you are getting "search" and "read" type responses.

For the Verizon Moto X there are 3 ROMs at this time...
    1. Initial Shipping JB 4.2.2 ROM (Blur_Version.139.10.53.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US).
    2. First OTA Update JB 4.2.2 with the Camera Update ROM (Blur_Version.139.15.1.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US),
    3. KitKat 4.4 ROM (Blur_Version.140.45.5.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US).
    If your phone is already using the "camera update rom" or Kit Kat rom, you can no longer flash the initial shipping JB rom, but you can flash the other two. There are threads discussing how to use RSDLite, or fastboot, to flash the ROMs if you need to know how.

NOTE: the "Blur_Version" in parenthesis denotes how they are listed on -> http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 and When visiting SBF.Droid-Developers, when ever you are on the phone selection page be sure to pick the Moto X, not the Droid X!!!

If you are running Kit Kat now, you could try to flash back to the Camera Update rom and see if you have better luck.

And that is all I can offer. Sorry.