9/6 Mandatory Update Official Clockworkmod Touch Recovery 5.8.4.0

Search This thread

Entreri

Sep 26, 2008
I somehow can't do any more backups since I flashed ARHD 5.0 - my Recovery just crashes as soon as it gets to "backing up data".
I read somwhere in this thread that this might be related to a corrupt partition, but so far I haven't found out how to fix them.

I just flashed ARHD 5.1.0 which supposedly also has rewritten the Data-Partition (at least it said so during flashing) but I still can't do any backups.

Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to solve this? Please tell me I don't have to wipe everything.... AGAIN :/.

murdok83

Feb 26, 2010
Good afternoon everyone.. I have a question to ask you guys... I've read most of the thread but haven't found much about this...
I have the CWM Recovery 5.8.3.1 and my phone keeps turning on after 5 minutes of charging... I mean: i turn off the phone... i plug it (the red led lights up) and after a while the phone turns itslef on...
It seems that some of you have the same behavior and others don't: is there a way to solve this?
Thanks in advance

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
Good afternoon everyone.. I have a question to ask you guys... I've read most of the thread but haven't found much about this...
I have the CWM Recovery 5.8.3.1 and my phone keeps turning on after 5 minutes of charging... I mean: i turn off the phone... i plug it (the red led lights up) and after a while the phone turns itslef on...
It seems that some of you have the same behavior and others don't: is there a way to solve this?
Thanks in advance

When it turns on is the LED red or green? I.e. is it turning on because the battery is fully charged?

Sent witH desire from OneX

murdok83

Feb 26, 2010
When it turns on is the LED red or green? I.e. is it turning on because the battery is fully charged?

Sent witH desire from OneX

nope, its red... the phone is off... i plug it.. the red led turns on and after 5-10 minutes the phone becomes alive!!!!... it really pissing me off.... expecially since there seems to be a way to let it charge while completely off...

matmar

Aug 15, 2008
Is there any possibility that CWR brings wrong sectors on SD when flashing a mod or something else ?

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium

geenyous

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 20, 2007
Shanghai
Is there any possibility that CWR brings wrong sectors on SD when flashing a mod or something else ?
Was asking myself the same thing when looking through that missing space thread, especially after the following experience I just had.

I performed a backup (no issues there), then I flashed LeeDrOiD with wipe from his Aroma installer and all was laggy as hell as soon as the ROM booted. Several reflashs didn't make it better. I then wiped in CWR (factory reset) and all is good again. So it might have been the wipe scripts from Lee, but it might have also been the backup operation in CWR...

Also getting into this recovery is really a pita, just now not even the bootloader method worked :confused:

jotha

Retired Forum Moderator
Was asking myself the same thing when looking through that missing space thread, especially after the following experience I just had.

I performed a backup (no issues there), then I flashed LeeDrOiD with wipe from his Aroma installer and all was laggy as hell as soon as the ROM booted. Several reflashs didn't make it better. I then wiped in CWR (factory reset) and all is good again. So it might have been the wipe scripts from Lee, but it might have also been the backup operation in CWR...

Also getting into this recovery is really a pita, just now not even the bootloader method worked :confused:

1. HTC has acknowledged the problem with the missing space on sd-card in connection with "connect to pc". It has nothing to do with recovery. See here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25709093&postcount=6526

2. The problem of not beeing able to go into recovery is definitely gone since 5.8.3.1.

Reactions: makbil and geenyous

aashir86

May 13, 2007
Can't boot into recovery

Dear broncogr

I've followed the steps thoroughly but still for some reason I can't boot into the clockwork touch recovery. After selecting recovery on the HBOOT menu, my phone tries to boot the recovery mod and then shows a red exclamation mark.

I'm running the software version 1.28.720.10 which is the version launched in India.
Please help

Thanks

Regards

Aashir

aashir86

May 13, 2007
Can't boot into recovery

Yes I am unlocked. I'm attaching the cmd window.

Regards

Aashir

Details on HBOOT menu:

*** UNLOCKED ***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-0.94.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-1.1204.103.14
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH : OFF
Apr 11 2012,02:27:11

Attachments

• Recovery.jpg
    Recovery.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

wtfhax

Jan 2, 2011
Not sure if anyone found this before but here's how i get the recovery to mount the sdcard:

In fastboot:
fastboot boot custom-recovery.img
adb shell
echo /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 > /sys/devices/platform/fsl-tegra-udc/gadget/lun0/file
Windows Prompt

Tried "mount /sdcard" but windows cannot access the drive.

Last edited:

oceania

May 3, 2006
I somehow can't do any more backups since I flashed ARHD 5.0 - my Recovery just crashes as soon as it gets to "backing up data".
I read somwhere in this thread that this might be related to a corrupt partition, but so far I haven't found out how to fix them.

I just flashed ARHD 5.1.0 which supposedly also has rewritten the Data-Partition (at least it said so during flashing) but I still can't do any backups.

Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to solve this? Please tell me I don't have to wipe everything.... AGAIN :/.

I have the same issue as you... it just reboots at the "Backing up data..." stage :(

Anyone has a solution for this?

oceania

May 3, 2006
I have the same issue as you... it just reboots at the "Backing up data..." stage :(

Anyone has a solution for this?

Ok, managed to solve it by doing these:

1. Data Wipe/Factory Reset in CWM
2. Wipe Cache in CWM
3. Wipe Dalvik cache in CWM
4. Re-flash custom rom without wipe

Last edited:

murdok83

Feb 26, 2010
Thanks in advance

nope, its red... the phone is off... i plug it.. the red led turns on and after 5-10 minutes the phone becomes alive!!!!... it really pissing me off.... expecially since there seems to be a way to let it charge while completely off...

any ideas? :(

Top Liked Posts