New Leak .235

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Worse yet, you can't go forward without a full 905 or ICS FXZ, either. If you do this leak, you WILL be stuck. If you attempt to FXZ to 902, you will soft brick your phone. You have been warned. :)

zoompastu

Nov 24, 2011
Portland, OR
Dumb. You would think that our feedback on the leaks might help MOTO's development. It's as if they locked this one down as some form of revenge...
Glad I didn't update yet. I'lda gone nuclear.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
It's the same thing they did on the D4 and RAZR. Except they had an FXZ for the version they were updating to ICS from. We don't. If we had a full 905 FXZ we could make this work to go forward. Once on 235+, however, there's NO going back to GB ever. And right now without an FXZ for 905 or the OTA ICS, 235 ain't going forward, either. That's what I call BAD.

BasPilot

Jul 8, 2012
Does someone have some method of completely obliterating data and dropping back the FXZ or some other form of information? Even if it's just some sort thing that only they can do.

Man, I don't get this one.

I'm not doing this one, that's for sure. Is ANYONE going to do that?

Thanks for the warning though!

and I feel bad for the poor fool who had to find out the hard way that it was a finality.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
No one HAD to install it to find out. We ran the security checker on it and it showed us what we were dealing with. The person who posted the initial link did get impatient and installed it before we were able to check it. Now he's stuck.

Reactions: amal67 and dchao22

BasPilot

Jul 8, 2012
No one HAD to install it to find out. We ran the security checker on it and it showed us what we were dealing with. The person who posted the initial link did get impatient and installed it before we were able to check it. Now he's stuck.

Well that's good for most people, and good that it was able to be spotted before too much damage was done over all...

I am just failing to see the logic of putting out an open source piece of software that locks you into it. The only thing I can see is that the leaks have bothered the OS builder and this is their way of stopping us from using them.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Well that's good for most people, and good that it was able to be spotted before too much damage was done over all...

I am just failing to see the logic of putting out an open source piece of software that locks you into it. The only thing I can see is that the leaks have bothered the OS builder and this is their way of stopping us from using them.

I can give you the logic. 235 is most likely a release candidate that they feel strongly will be the OTA. And moto has put a frack ton of effort into getting all the ICS builds on the different devices to be the same. This is less of a support headache for them. By locking devices to ICS only, the support costs go down for both moto and VZW because the builds are functionally identical. That's my guess.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

By the way Thank you SamuraiHL for that Awesome script you wrote to update with these leaks. Works GREAT!!

You're very welcome. :)

BasPilot

Jul 8, 2012
I can give you the logic. 235 is most likely a release candidate that they feel strongly will be the OTA. And moto has put a frack ton of effort into getting all the ICS builds on the different devices to be the same. This is less of a support headache for them. By locking devices to ICS only, the support costs go down for both moto and VZW because the builds are functionally identical. That's my guess.

Can't they just end support for that saying you need to upgrade to our latest software and this will fix most of your problems if not all?

Either way, correct or incorrect on your part, it'll be fun to watch ideas thrown around by people and it will REALLY be fun to see one of you geniuses come up with a way around it. You know you will. 24 hours and one of you will crack the nut.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Don't look at me! I'm not one of those geniuses. You're talking about people like mattigroff, cellzealot, p3droid, dhacker, etc. Those are the guys who will crack this issue. What we REALLY need to solve this is the damn 905 FXZ. I've put out a request for it but I have no idea if I'll hear back from the person I asked or even if they have it. If we had that, we have a way forward.

Reactions: bigtex52

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
Open source doesn't mean that you can change the finished builds of the software or roll back after you install an update, it just means that you can make your own version using the source. The OS itself is open source, but the phones don't have to be fully open, and none of Motorola's since the DROID have been, at least on VZW.

Dougau

Jan 3, 2011

The problem is your trying to talk logic while talking about Moto. Experience shows the two don't play well, people have been warning this would probably happen sooner or later throughout the ICS leak cycle.:eek:

Reactions: phoenixs4r

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Well, some of us theorize this marks the end of the ICS leak cycle and represents what's likely to be the soak candidate, but, we'll have to wait and see.

Top Liked Posts