So long Sprint!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
I definitely can't complain... http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums...creenshot_2013-02-19-00-53-37_zpse231b08b.png

Screenshot_2013-02-19-00-53-32_zpsc80d3a95.png

Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
Oh? My fault? Sprint used to be good here. Now they suck. How am I to blame for this? They hoped to offload all of the customers onto wimax and since there's little to no wimax here, the speeds have dropped tremendously.

Did you not make that choice to stay with sprint when you got this phone? You sign the contract knowing you'd only have slow 3G service.

Sent from a planet far far away.

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

I have no problem with my service, but I'm sure not gonna be a free sprint rep, you and him need to get Dirty Shrooms to hire you

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

They wont pay me enough plus I'm happy doing hvac. I just have issues with people who have the chance to change something, And they don't then complain about it and blame everything but themselves.

Reactions: flastnoles11

edufur

Sep 27, 2007
Hillsboro
Moto X4
Google Pixel 6a
The most expensive part is the price of the phone. Sprint loses money from selling you a device (lately the gs3 has been $50 to even free on a 2 yr contract.) This means Sprint makes money from the subsidy of the device from the monthly payments. It's a shame people can't just commit to their contract.

Yes... Sprint certainly does make a ****load of money off these subsidies. But they also make a ****load without them.... as do any other carrier. The fact that we the people do not make more noise about how we are getting raped out of the gate is beyond me. They (all carriers) have you all believing that if it weren't for those contracts, the cost of the phone is much higher. Think about that for a second. Think about all the electronics you have seen in a store. Do you really believe that an un-subsidized phone should carry a cost of ~ $600? How much do you really think it cost the slave child in China to make it? Probably more like $20 to $40. There are good quality large screen TV's that cost less than $600. And do you think you have to sign up for a contract to get them? NOPE! The bottom line is that the carriers a gaining profit out of the gate and then a hell of a lot more profit with the contract we are locked into. The whole thing is a major scam.

Reactions: bh87771
Yes... Sprint certainly does make a ****load of money off these subsidies. But they also make a ****load without them.... as do any other carrier. The fact that we the people do not make more noise about how we are getting raped out of the gate is beyond me. They (all carriers) have you all believing that if it weren't for those contracts, the cost of the phone is much higher. Think about that for a second. Think about all the electronics you have seen in a store. Do you really believe that an un-subsidized phone should carry a cost of ~ $600? How much do you really think it cost the slave child in China to make it? Probably more like $20 to $40. There are good quality large screen TV's that cost less than $600. And do you think you have to sign up for a contract to get them? NOPE! The bottom line is that the carriers a gaining profit out of the gate and then a hell of a lot more profit with the contract we are locked into. The whole thing is a major scam.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a false equivalency. A tv won't provide internet or signal. You have to pay a cable company for a subscription. You cannot call with your tv without an outside device providing signal. Wifi only tablets don't cost more than around $500. There is a catering to the contract.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
Well it's been fun everyone but I just got a letter from sprint letting me know they will be terminating my contract for excessive roaming. I find it funny though because Since I was laid off in late november I've used mostly WiFi at home... but my contract is up on march 13 after that I'm probably going back to T-Mobile. So long to everyone on sprint forums from the Nexus 4G the GS2 and right here on the GS3.

Hey, did they let you keep your number?

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

edufur

Sep 27, 2007
Hillsboro
Moto X4
Google Pixel 6a
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a false equivalency. A tv won't provide internet or signal. You have to pay a cable company for a subscription. You cannot call with your tv without an outside device providing signal. Wifi only tablets don't cost more than around $500. There is a catering to the contract.

So wait... you really think that the extra comm radio on a phone suddenly pushes it into a manufacturing cost of $500ish?

I would say at best, your argument lends an additional $10 in cost. But you made an interesting point. Tablets. There are many good tablets out there that carry a manufacturing cost of much less than they would have you believe of a smartphone. I can buy a really good tablet that outperforms my phone for about $200.... no contract.

So wait... you really think that the extra comm radio on a phone suddenly pushes it into a manufacturing cost of $500ish?

I would say at best, your argument lends an additional $10 in cost. But you made an interesting point. Tablets. There are many good tablets out there that carry a manufacturing cost of much less than they would have you believe of a smartphone. I can buy a really good tablet that outperforms my phone for about $200.... no contract.

Nope, asshats breaking contracts are what pushes the price. If people actually fulfilled their part of the deal, they wouldn't penalize with high off contract prices. Please read what I'm typing. I'm not being cryptic.

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011

This

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
I've already said that people who force roam to avoid paying etf are the lowest of this society. Thinking you can sign a contract to then go ***** your way out. Sprint should literally say F You when you threaten to go to another company. People, services are not free in this world.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I've already said that people who force roam to avoid paying etf are the lowest of this society. Thinking you can sign a contract to then go ***** your way out. Sprint should literally say F You when you threaten to go to another company. People, services are not free in this world.

I'm surprised they don't get blacklisted from a contract in the future. Make them get stuck with prepaid only because clearly they can't handle responsibility for their decisions. They probably do this with every company because nothing is perfect and they can't handle it.

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011
I've already argued "this." Please add something meaningful besides agreeing with a non argument. There was no comparison between a tv and a smart phone

I dont have to add ****, he still has a point.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Ha ha

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Smh, this

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
Did you not make that choice to stay with sprint when you got this phone? You sign the contract knowing you'd only have slow 3G service.

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

They wont pay me enough plus I'm happy doing hvac. I just have issues with people who have the chance to change something, And they don't then complain about it and blame everything but themselves.

Time of contract start = sprint have good 3g speeds.

Time of now (locked in contract.) = sprint has sucky speeds. More customers have obviously come to sprint in my area and thus the speeds have severely slowed down. I cannot dumb this down any further.

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro

Time of now (locked in contract.) = sprint has sucky speeds. More customers have obviously come to sprint in my area and thus the speeds have severely slowed down. I cannot dumb this down any further.

so when your contact is up, move to another carrier, rather simple to figure out for anybody with some common sense

Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD

Was there a stipulation of the contract where they promised to maintain the same speeds? I'm still really missing the point where it deviated from the option where you could have paid more, gone with Verizon or AT&T and had these speeds you imagined for the price they go for. Sometimes my speeds suck. Sometimes they don't. I could have left for T-Mobile for slightly better speeds last contract. Sometimes I'm annoyed I didn't as it's taking a while for NV to get done here. I know the decision I made and I'm sticking it out. When I get really annoyed I do what I did when I was younger and read a book, go to the theater, play a video game. I don't go and spend time trying to break a cell phone contract.

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
Was there a stipulation of the contract where they promised to maintain the same speeds? I'm still really missing the point where it deviated from the option where you could have paid more, gone with Verizon or AT&T and had these speeds you imagined for the price they go for. Sometimes my speeds suck. Sometimes they don't. I could have left for T-Mobile for slightly better speeds last contract. Sometimes I'm annoyed I didn't as it's taking a while for NV to get done here. I know the decision I made and I'm sticking it out. When I get really annoyed I do what I did when I was younger and read a book, go to the theater, play a video game. I don't go and spend time trying to break a cell phone contract.

Well, given the fact that their website advertises an average of 500 kbps- 700kbps made me think they'd maintain the network before it got bogged down. I'll be damned if people tell me its my fault for sprints lack of maintenance. I have good speeds/signal at my house, but its a mobile phone. I don't need those at my home. I need those for when I'm out. You know how sad it is that Pandora struggles to run in my vehicle? We're talking 92kbps sound quality here.

Well, given the fact that their website advertises an average of 500 kbps- 700kbps made me think they'd maintain the network before it got bogged down. I'll be damned if people tell me its my fault for sprints lack of maintenance. I have good speeds/signal at my house, but its a mobile phone. I don't need those at my home. I need those for when I'm out. You know how sad it is that Pandora struggles to run in my vehicle? We're talking 92kbps sound quality here.

Yes, because advertisements with small print that say "subject to your area" are really, really confusing. That means everyone, right? Btw, I have this bridge I think you'd really like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know some folks like to force roam for whatever reason, but what if your phone is doing it on its own because Sprint's network is not as robust? I suppose Sprint could always say that person x isn't a good customer for them...but it is always surprising at least to me, to hear.

Sprint will offer the airwave for people in that situation. You usually get warned before they terminate your contract. That'd be the time to ask about the airwave.

People who force roam to get out of their contact w/o the etf need to grow a pair. You signed a contract you need to honor it or pay the etf if you want to leave.

Super cool story, bro.
    This story was so amazing it made me poop a little
    I started reading but it seemed long...when is the movie coming out?

I am sorry. I should have closed this sooner
    It has gone wayyyy past the limit.
    FNM