Kitkat battery drain

Search This thread

MelwenOfNoldor

May 3, 2014
I am having serious issues with battery its draining so fast on my lg g2 international witk 4.4.2 I didnt have this problem on 4.2.2 . I already read some forums and deactivated the location on chrome and in other apps.Please help me.

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
I am having serious issues with battery its draining so fast on my lg g2 international witk 4.4.2 I didnt have this problem on 4.2.2 . I already read some forums and deactivated the location on chrome and in other apps.Please help me.

How did you install it? Full wipe is absolutely necessary.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida

If you installed via kdz then steps would be flash kdz then after you boot either turn off boot into the factory reset and factory reset device and then start using it or boot up and go to settings and factory reset

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

P

podagee

I agree that kk drains battery on the g2. I got a g flex and honestly have no issues with it whatsoever....its far better than the g2 in my opinion. There is no lag like how the g2 would hiccup scrolling through the stock launcher, the 720p resolution isnt also bad at all, there is no crazy battery drain either. The g flex is a bigger perfected g2 with knock code. Its awesome. Will probably be posting my g2 on swappa shortly.

mcapozzi

Mar 17, 2010
Ok, Google...

Turning off the Google Now stuff will save battery, that
"Ok, Google" voice command feature leaves your microphone on, ALL THE TIME.

-Mike

humonculi

May 5, 2014
Same problem happened to my friend with his s4
Removing the battery and waiting 10 seconds before inserting it back seemed to solve his problem