[GUIDE] upgrade to wp7 / flash wp7 rom/ downgrade from wp7 to 6.5 WM OS

Search This thread

revomat

Apr 26, 2011
tg01 dead

problem has come back to win 6.5 with 6.5 TG01 boot not turn on after the mailing of boot6.5 not white light and also turns on what to do plz help mee

wyemarn

Oct 21, 2008
I managed to flash back to WM6.5 0321 but my phone couldn't detect my sim card. Is it because IMEI information is missing after flashing to WP7.5? I'm using Softbank X02T.

b01

Jan 4, 2008
Hi there, my TG01 died at the step 10 when I have to use tg dowloader for wp7bootloader. During the process the tg downloader crashed, and the phone is from that not working. Nothing happens for Camera + Power button, the led is black. I tried to charge it, but no answer. Could someone help me? Thanks!

MironV

Dec 21, 2011
@b01
Do you get a blinking red led when holding down the power button?
Ccuong_ helped me with this. Maybe your battery's low. You may need an external battery charger. Where I live, those were about 5$. You could search for one of these at a electronic & electronic components shop.

HELP! I downgraded to WM 6.5.3, but now nor my phone nor my PC recognizes the SD-card. Any ideas? Should I try again tg downloader with a WM 6.5 bin file (not 6.5.3)?

MironV

Dec 21, 2011

Thanks for the answer. Before you answererd, I had eventually found out the fact that WP7 encrypts the storage card.

I do have another SD Card. I want to revert to WP7 (by using the new SD), change my new SD with the old one afterwards, unlock the old SD via "StorageLock/Unlocker", and format it via PC - don't know if it's 100% good as WP7 will still be running all this time. Maybe if I turn off the phone after the unlock, and try to put the old SD in my brother's phone and format it from there...

Last edited:

rico_zuares

Mar 7, 2010
Because I do not understand, why write some nonsense
I do not want you to thank me, but how can you thank someone who did not.
Believe me a lot of time spent on it all.

I know and I thank you a lot. Hope you are still killing the last bugs. Your work is great, please keep it going.
Your were the driving force for our TG01 to come this far, near to the goal. :fingers-crossed:

People that are following the whole dvelopment knows. Thank you again bro.

b01

Jan 4, 2008
@b01
Do you get a blinking red led when holding down the power button?
Ccuong_ helped me with this. Maybe your battery's low. You may need an external battery charger. Where I live, those were about 5$. You could search for one of these at a electronic & electronic components shop.

HELP! I downgraded to WM 6.5.3, but now nor my phone nor my PC recognizes the SD-card. Any ideas? Should I try again tg downloader with a WM 6.5 bin file (not 6.5.3)?

Thanks, but tg downloader crashed because of windows 7 (windows crashed – blue death), so the process stopped on the phone, so no any led, nothing happen :rolleyes:

hype3344

Sep 18, 2012
tolle arbeit nur schade das genau 0 davon funktioniert. die japsen downloads gehen iwie alle nicht. Egal wie man das tg versucht zu booten startet immer dieses mistige wm6.x.

Auch wenn mein englisch nich schlecht is wäre ne deutsche anleitung sicher für einige hilfreich.

Mod edit:

Google Translate translation below:
great work just a shame that it does exactly 0. the gasp go iwie not all downloads. No matter how the tan starts to boot always tries this crappy wm6.x.

Even though my English is not bad ne German would certainly be helpful for some guidance.

Last edited by a moderator:

LordYuuki

Apr 18, 2011
tolle arbeit nur schade das genau 0 davon funktioniert. die japsen downloads gehen iwie alle nicht. Egal wie man das tg versucht zu booten startet immer dieses mistige wm6.x.

Auch wenn mein englisch nich schlecht is wäre ne deutsche anleitung sicher für einige hilfreich.

download another mirolg build here, but aware, the import sim contacts function does not work properly on my tsunagi. to get over with this, import your contacts to googlemail and sync them with your phone.
just follow the steps, they are easy to read and understand, but don't forget to flash the wp7bootloader on a 32-bit PC!

chappididheeraj

Jun 20, 2012
Charging without cutting cable

Once your phone is not starting and not starting.
connect charger.
hold VOL+&VOL- and press power on button
u will see some options on screen with black background.
press vol+.
OS Image from NAND will change to USBFn Serial.
do vol- till you get save.
now do vol+ to make save yes.
now press again vol-
now your phone will be automatically restarted.
But in this process you have more time to charge.
After 1-2 hours again follow above steps to move the setting to OS Image from NAND.
Now your phone is little bit charged to start.after starting charging continues normally.

Reactions: willy.delannee

yaro666

Feb 16, 2008
Królewska Huta
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
ok, but in this guide there is a lack of one major issue. there is no way to install this on 64bit system. even xp mode couldn't recognize TG01 32bit drivers fo tg_downloader.
I have installed it on native xp notebook, and the rest on win7 64, because xp crashed during flashing

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
So... was there anyway to actually recover a TG01 when it got borked from trying to load up WP7? My TG01 is just sitting there all kinda.. well... bricked :(

JudgeDreddXDA

Sep 1, 2011
XP 32bit is enough for flashing...

Folks,

Windows XP SP3 Professional is enough for flashing...
I was install it as virtual machine (VMWare Player) and
all activities realised without any problems...

You just disconnect from the host (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit) and
connect it to virtual machine (XP)...

Everything's working well...

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
The point being though, that I did flash it.. lots of times without issue for 6.1/6.5... then came to do the flash for 7, and it screwed it. I flashed between versions so many times trying to recover the damn thing, I tried for about 3 months. It's not that straight forward... something is defo wrong, because it's happened to a fair few people.

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Gonna send mine to be JTAG'd for £30. It's an old phone, and I've had much better phones since.. but I hate it just sitting there... all dead, when I know it's still fully usable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    how to to wp7 bootloader needed files + miRom 7 radio 0321 as .tsw (if is not rename it to tg01wp_00.tsw)

read this first or if you have problems
    tnx avathar

1. make sure your battery are 100% FULLcharged!

2. copy flash the wm6.5 rom with 0321 radio to SD card PRG folder. Copy tg_ssdl.exe + tg_ssdl+.exe in the same folder

3. press on tg_ssdl+.exe to start the download

4. after 20 min. you have wm 6.5.x OS with 0321 radio.

5. Install tg downloader and the 32 bit driver. By first screen check all three rom variants

6. DownLoade Modus1: turn device off, pull battery out/in, then press and hold Camera + Power button (you get white led)

7. Start tg downloader. If you get a error window, press ok

8. connect your device + pc over usb

9. select over browse the file from wp7bootloader folder

10. Start download. on the 99% stay 1-2 min. PLEASE wait the 100% and the auto reboot

NOW you have the wp7bootloader and you able to flash wp7 rom

how to to flash wp7 rom if you allready on wp7 needed files
    zip.gif
    wp7 rom flash.zip

1. DownLoade Modus2: turn device off,
    pull battery out/in, then press and hold Camera + Power button (you get Blue led)

2. Install ZTEiT Common downloader and install the acer f1 driver

3. copy a wp7 rom, flash.bin in wp7OS_files

4. run ZTEiT Common downloader (select multi—download), browse to wp7OS_files folder and
    select him (check with advanced if the three files are set)

5. press START all and wait 20 - 28 min.

now you are on wp7 OS (if you like later to flash a other wp 7 rom, do the steps from howto to flash wp7 rom)

Now do this at end FIX 3G /RADIO SIGNAL

from wp7 to wm6 bootloader and flash back
    to 6.5 OS

ok i have managed it with few times (today) with succes: Charge your battery 100% full (few hours!)
    (if is not possible to charge the battery in the phone read this)

needed TOOLS ( ZTEiT Common downloader, Tg downloader and Toshiba_TSW)

Prepare a 6.5 rom as .bin ROM with Toshiba_TSW browse to your exist 6.5 tsw rom, select Toshiba Tg01, press decode= you get a 6.5 bin ROM (or download my miROM7 Radio 0321as .bin)

1. TOOL ZTEiT Common downloader (get the 6.5 bootloader back- no OS)

1.1 turn the phone off
    1.2 pull battery out/in, press Camera+Power button= Blue led go on ,you are on wp7 Download mode
    1.3 Connect usb
    1.4 run ZTEiT Common downloader (select multi- download) (to use you have to install the ACER F1 driver x86)
    1.5 go to browse and select the folder
    zip.gif
    downgrade_WM6_boot.zip with the needed files
    1.6 press advanced to check the selected files NPRG8650.hex, partition.mbn. dbl.mbn,fsbl.mbn,and osbl.mbn
    1.7 press start all

after few seconds you got a white led, then close ZTEiT Common downloader, cut the usb connection

1.8 take the battery out (for few seconds) then press and hold the Camera and then the press and hold the Power button= white led go on

2 TOOL tg downloader (flash a 6.5 ROM)

2.1. run tg downloader (if get a error press ok)
    2.2. connect your phone over usb- the programm recognize Toshiba download Port com
    2.3. select browse your prepared 6.5 BIN ROM (if get a error press ok)
    2.4. press Start Download, download starts led changing different colors. on 99% stay a while- but WAIT the 100% and it will reebot

NOW you on 6.5 OS

IT WORKS- BUT: IF the Download not start, try again step 1.8. and 2.1 -2.4
    AND if the Download not start, log off/log on your pc and try again step 1.8. and 2.1 -2.4 (if is not possible to charge the battery in the phone read this)

DISCLAIMER

I will not take any responsibility for any damages caused directly or indirectly from using the software-package or the instructions. Read the instructions thoroughly and proceed carefully!
    Hi,
    some people have a problem with checksum error while upgrading bootloader.
    After this error ,you can flash wp7rom but windows will not start.
    And you can go back to wm6.5
    I had this problem too. Problem was solved by flashing all files: ENPRG8650.hex, NPRG8650.hex, amss.mbn, apps.mbn, appsboot.mbn, dbl.mbn, dsp1.mbn, fsbl.mbn, osbl.mbn, partition.mbn and chosen flash.bin.

In your tutorial there are only 3 files flash.bin, NPRG8650.hex, partition.mbn.
    All needed files can be downloaded here:
    http://hotfile.com/dl/148417552/39f77d9/wp7OS_files.zip.html

You could add this exception in your tutorial.

You can also add warning that sd card will be formated and encrypted. This is important information for noobies like me, because you lose all data from card and there is a problem to use this card outside the phone and wp7.
    And there is no easy way to remove encryption. For example you can format such a card in nokia with symbian:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1242071

Another useful information is how to Use Your Windows Phone 7 Device as a Portable USB Drive. So you could also add link to this small tutorial:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=915664

At last but not least thanks to all people that enabled wp7 for tg01 :)
    Hi, Could you re-upload the Common Downloader as Megaupload is down? Thanks in advance.

Here the link for Common Downloader

Edit : I was late, ha ha ha ;-)
    Hi miro,
    thanks for the info... I just back to 6,5. again. Very clear explanation.:D:D
    I use your ROM´:rolleyes:s but I must pass this phone to my wife, and I need a spanish version rom.Can you recommend me a spanish version:eek:. You might know some good Spanish version. There are many of good English one like yours, very fluide, but I must migrate to a Spanish one.

Thanks for your suppport and thanks again for the post.
    Br
    Patito

very nice, patito :)

here my spanish rom miROM 10 SP
    and here the ifo thread miROM10_ENG/GER/SPN

cheers, miro
    and what is it? or how can I build it?

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

the phone does not charging because I think it goes in bootloadermode each 3 sec!LED changes from white to red each 3 sec

I will complain it about 5th time...

You cut USB cable, any type, unisolate red and black wires and put red to + and black to - in battery, wait about a minute holding it like this and check, if fails, repeat this cycle until you get battery working.
    You can also check battery voltage with voltagemeter, 4.20 is 100%, 3.7 is about 60% and 3.0 is critical state assuming you damaged your cells.
    Any overcharging or undercharging (more than 4.20 or less than 3.0) would make your battery funking explode...