Complete Ultra cases for Note II - color wish list :)

Search This thread

xperiaforme

Nov 9, 2010
Ever since I heard good news that Note II will get Complete Ultra cases (from DBA cases) I have been hoping there would be a pink-black or pink silver combination. Silvers would do good too. The pinks could be more like fuchsia. So @Scott, I hope you see this. Everyone, post your desired colors for the Ultra cases. Happy wishing!

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
Here are the color combinations for the S3: http://www.dbacases.com/ultra-combinations.aspx

Would be pretty cool if we could get as many for Note II, come on folks, sign this petition :).

We've had a hot pink in the S3 and the iPhone 5 which is coming up.

For the Note II there will be a Hot Pink TPU.

For the PC part of course we have to have white, black, titanium, and perhaps the same blue slate as the S3 which has been the most popular color.

There will be 5 to 6 PC colors and 6-7 TPU colors.

The curveball is that instead of blue they made one black.

I need to find a combo that goes well with the titanium and the white. The titanium will be harder since it's metallic.

I think a Titanium PC with a Black TPU would look the best.

Last edited:

PeatCoal

Dec 2, 2010
Essex
Seriously?

Ugly and useless.

I actually think it looks quite cool. The only bit of my note II which is scratched is the rim and a bumper would protect that pretty well without having to cover the entire back of the phone, and look good at the same time.

Ads and thread hijacking aren't cool though :/

Edit: oh my goodness that's expensive. No way I'd ever pay that much. Gonna report this guy because every post he makes seems to be advertising his overpriced bumpers.

Sent from my GT-N7105

Last edited:

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
I actually think it looks quite cool. The only bit of my note II which is scratched is the rim and a bumper would protect that pretty well without having to cover the entire back of the phone, and look good at the same time.

Ads and thread hijacking aren't cool though :/

Edit: oh my goodness that's expensive. No way I'd ever pay that much. Gonna report this guy because every post he makes seems to be advertising his overpriced bumpers.

Sent from my GT-N7105

I just hate anything shiny on my phone. Especially the gold.

Since it's only a bumper and metal I don't see the point. It's going to be slippery.

I considered making bumpers when I started my company but the demand just wasn't there and the cost was too much. But mine would have been for grip.

PeatCoal

Dec 2, 2010
Essex
I just hate anything shiny on my phone. Especially the gold.

Since it's only a bumper and metal I don't see the point. It's going to be slippery.

I considered making bumpers when I started my company but the demand just wasn't there and the cost was too much. But mine would have been for grip.

Hmm. I guess if it was slippery, that'd be a deal breaker. Metal doesn't have to be slippery though. All depends on the finish.

And I agree that the shiny gold is bad, but there's an all black version that looks pretty cool. And an addition to protecting the sides from scratches (which I think it would do very well), I think it'd probably provide a decent amount of drop protection compared to having no case, at least reducing the chances of the screen shattering from the phone landing on a corner.

But like I said, it's way too expensive as it is. And I know there's cheap ones on eBay, but they're much uglier than this version.

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
Hmm. I guess if it was slippery, that'd be a deal breaker. Metal doesn't have to be slippery though. All depends on the finish.

And I agree that the shiny gold is bad, but there's an all black version that looks pretty cool. And an addition to protecting the sides from scratches (which I think it would do very well), I think it'd probably provide a decent amount of drop protection compared to having no case, at least reducing the chances of the screen shattering from the phone landing on a corner.

But like I said, it's way too expensive as it is. And I know there's cheap ones on eBay, but they're much uglier than this version.

Actually I think it wouldn't provide any drop protection. In fact it may make it worse. It's metal which makes the phone heavier. To have any drop protection you need a material that will flex on impact or cushion.

This does neither.

But everyone has different tastes. That's why there is such a great variety of cases.

If I had to have metal I'd want brushed titanium.

PeatCoal

Dec 2, 2010
Essex
Actually I think it wouldn't provide any drop protection. In fact it may make it worse. It's metal which makes the phone heavier. To have any drop protection you need a material that will flex on impact or cushion.

This does neither.

But everyone has different tastes. That's why there is such a great variety of cases.

If I had to have metal I'd want brushed titanium.

Maybe that's a valid point. However, bumpers do tend to have a little bit of cushioning on the inside.

What I was suggesting was that the impact would have further to travel before reaching the screen and so would dissipate slightly, especially as the bumper is much thicker than a regular case. Not all the energy would reach the phone's screen like it would if dropped naked.

Also, metals aren't as hard as you make out. Theyre malleable, not brittle like hard plastic. They have the ability to bend and dent, and surely if dropped they would do this, again lessening the impact on the phone? Maybe a soft TPU or silicone case of the same thickness would be better in terms of drop protection, but wouldn't that look ridiculous?

Sent from my GT-N7105

coiledwire

Oct 20, 2010
norcal
We've had a hot pink in the S3 and the iPhone 5 which is coming up.

For the Note II there will be a Hot Pink TPU.

For the PC part of course we have to have white, black, titanium, and perhaps the same blue slate as the S3 which has been the most popular color.

There will be 5 to 6 PC colors and 6-7 TPU colors.

The curveball is that instead of blue they made one black.

I need to find a combo that goes well with the titanium and the white. The titanium will be harder since it's metallic.

I think a Titanium PC with a Black TPU would look the best.

Sounds like enough color combos to make many happy. I'd like to try your ultra case; when could we expect them to be available for purchase?

Sent from my SPH-L900

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
Sounds like enough color combos to make many happy. I'd like to try your ultra case; when could we expect them to be available for purchase?

Sent from my SPH-L900

Im getting pictures of the first cases from the mold tonight.

They will also be tested by my people in China.

If they are done right the first time (never happens) then it could be just a week or two.

However this is a new factory for us and they have been very fast. The sooner the better.

So for the PC

Blue Slate
Titanium
White
Black
and I need one more - it should be a brighter color. What do you think of a green emerald color? Or Violet?

For the TPU

Hot Pink
White
Black
and three others. Maybe Royal Blue, Candy Red, Lime...

Orald

Jan 3, 2013

If they are done right the first time (never happens) then it could be just a week or two.

However this is a new factory for us and they have been very fast. The sooner the better...

Superb. I hope it will be so good and successful as the edition for Galaxy S III.

Is this possible to order or pre-order Complete Ultra case for Note II + Just Like Glass TM Screen Protector for Note II with combined international shipment (both in one package) and with today discount $6.49 (32 %) for Just Like Glass TM Screen Protector for Note II ? Could you estimate the price for Complete Ultra cases for Note II ?

Some peoples use Seidio Active holsters with third party cases (Otterbox Commuter or Balistic Shell Gel (SG). Could you estimate if Complete Ultra case for Note II could fit Seidio Active holster for Note II or do you plan to provide any own holster for this case ?

DoctorQMM

Feb 24, 2011

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Scott, in general what makes these cases standout or better from any other dual layer (silicone inner shell, plastic outer shell - ebay or brand name) cases? Here is your chance to do a sales pitch or others to jump in with testimonials ;)

I have been going a little case-crazy lately (addiction perhaps? lol!!!), went through a bunch of ebay cheapo stuff, now moved on to brand names. I see clearly you offer a very flexible selection of color choices/combos that's probably a big selling point of it, but anything else that makes it stand out in comparison to others before I consider adding it to my growing collection?

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Thank you Scott for taking your time to walk us through the manufacturing process. I personally enjoyed this read very much!!!

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
Thank you Scott for taking your time to walk us through the manufacturing process. I personally enjoyed this read very much!!!

No problem. As you can tell I'm a bit OCD about it :silly:

I try to learn everything I possibly can so the final product comes out the way I want. Even so it's a constant job dealing with so many manufacturers. You would think I could hand the S3 case to them and say "make a Note II just like this" since they are nearly identical phones (except for size).

Unfortunately that's not how it works...

Scott

soulesschild

Dec 8, 2010
California
Hey Scott,

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere but I love the idea of the Thin Case Grips. Will that be an option for the Ultra cases? I hate it when a case feels real nice but it's so smooth with no grip that it's easy to just slip out of your hand :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SPH-L900

However this is a new factory for us and they have been very fast. The sooner the better.

So for the PC

Blue Slate
    Titanium
    White
    Black
    and I need one more - it should be a brighter color. What do you think of a green emerald color? Or Violet?

For the TPU

Hot Pink
    White
    Black
    and three others. Maybe Royal Blue, Candy Red, Lime...
    How about orange for a bright pc color.

Sent from my SPH-L900
    Link?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQYf1lf8AOI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    He is not in China lol!!! I talked to him over email a few days ago. His account did get suspended, but if you want to find out more just contact him directly...

From what he told me, Ultra Cases should be out in about 2 weeks, he still needs to package and paint it. Plus, he mentioned the cases will be available in retail stores, although I haven't confirmed which one.
    Nope lol of course not

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Yeah . . . just that "they are coming." Depending on the price, I may still be interested, and I like the mix 'n match capability, but he should learn not to incessantly promise a release without a firm date in mind. People's patience soon runs out.