[Q] Verizon Custom Roms

Search This thread

Wingdom

Dec 27, 2010
Orlando
Hello,
I recently started using a Trophy on Verizon, and I am starting to feel adventurous enough to put a custom rom on it. The only problem is that all the roms I see either have confusing names I cant figure out, or specify carriers other than Verizon. What is the most up to date rom I can use on my trophy, and how do I tell if it will work on Verizon when looking at the long strings of numbers in the rom names?

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
When you wrote this post originally, there was no method of flashing roms to the Verizon Trophy, or the Sprint Arrive.

On the Feb 15th, DFT released an "HSPL," which is required to flash custom roms, for Verizon's Trophy and Sprint's Arrive. This now means we can join the world of custom roms, but there are currently no roms publicly available. I am testing a DFT Freedom rom for Verizon Trophy, and I am working on my own rom.

Read my guide on flashing DFT's HSPL to Verizon Trophy (SparkW) to get an idea of what you will need to do. In my guide, I do not recommend performing HSPL until roms are available to flash onto the phone.

It will take some time, but start looking in the Trophy Development Forum for more information on SparkW roms. :)

Last edited: