help with data storage

Search This thread
Jan 3, 2014
So I am running hyper drive on my s4 and so far I absolutely love it. It's exactly what should have shipped on the phone from factory imho. But I am hoping someone can help me learn how to manage my storage.

Hyper drive has a selection of file managers as optional software during the install. I chose all 3 so I could see which one I liked best. The problem is I'm a little confused as to how I can best utilize them.

I currently have a 16gb phone, with a 64gb card installed. I would like to keep as little on the device as possible.
I would like to have the rom, and small apps on the device. Then use the card to store spare roms, large apps, and other large files.

I am just not sure how to do this in the cleanest fasion, and don't want to lose or delete anything vital to the current rom etc. Are there tutorials or threads that would help me with this? Thanks a bunch. -Chris

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
So I am running hyper drive on my s4 and so far I absolutely love it. It's exactly what should have shipped on the phone from factory imho. But I am hoping someone can help me learn how to manage my storage.

Hyper drive has a selection of file managers as optional software during the install. I chose all 3 so I could see which one I liked best. The problem is I'm a little confused as to how I can best utilize them.

I currently have a 16gb phone, with a 64gb card installed. I would like to keep as little on the device as possible.
I would like to have the rom, and small apps on the device. Then use the card to store spare roms, large apps, and other large files.

I am just not sure how to do this in the cleanest fasion, and don't want to lose or delete anything vital to the current rom etc. Are there tutorials or threads that would help me with this? Thanks a bunch. -Chris

Set your camera to save to external SD card.

Move any music and remaining pics to external.

Use something like es file manager / download manager to direct any downloads from the Web to external card.

Finally read up on Folder Mount app and use that to point Pretty much anything you want to external card as well.

Move all apps you can to external and get rid of the ones you really don't need.

All that would be a great start.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited: