Wakelocks. Are mine good?

Search This thread

Mansevolver

Aug 24, 2012
Portland, OR.
Spent the whole day trying to improve my wake locks... Or reducing them.

Does everything look good? Room for improvement?

I'm using a 6400mAh cell.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390281425470.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390281425470.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 269
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390281433847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390281433847.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 294
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390281441828.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390281441828.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: micmars

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay

Uhm, that is awesome, especially given your use of Chrome, Facebook and YouTube.

It'd be nice to see the wake lock graph from the second battery screen, but I'd say your looking quite good. Also wondering the brightness level (auto, 50 percent, &c).

Aside from these few items of curiosity, overall a very good baseline. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:

Mansevolver

Aug 24, 2012
Portland, OR.
Uhm, that is awesome, especially given your use of Chrome, Facebook and YouTube.

It'd be nice to see the wake lock graph from the second battery screen, but I'd say your looking quite good. Also wondering the brightness level (auto, 50 percent, &c).

Aside from these few items of curiosity, overall a very good baseline. Thanks for sharing!

I'll show you it if you like. I'm using 50% screen brightness. Mostly WiFi, with a good dose of LTE.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390282345950.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390282345950.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 39

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I'll show you it if you like. I'm using 50% screen brightness. Mostly WiFi, with a good dose of LTE.

Do you have deep sleep app? Doesn't look like it, based on the dual draw for both mobile networks and WiFi. I'd say, given those results, you would only get better by adding a deep sleep option.

Overall just great performance and benchmark. Keep plugging away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Mansevolver

Aug 24, 2012
Portland, OR.
Do you have deep sleep app? Doesn't look like it, based on the dual draw for both mobile networks and WiFi. I'd say, given those results, you would only get better by adding a deep sleep option.

What you're seeing is me manually switching between WiFi on and off. I have LTE in my home. So when I switch, WiFi off it goes to LTE by default.

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
What you're seeing is me manually switching between WiFi on and off. I have LTE in my home. So when I switch, WiFi off it goes to LTE by default.

Yeah, I will have both running concurrently or manually switch, but deep sleep app is one that'll provide the means for those two bars to halt and then come back on when your phone screen is off long enough. The bars for WiFi and network would have breaks in them if no items pushed through (messages, phone calls, &c).

Also, check to see if WiFi scanning during sleep mode is set to either never or only when plugged in (from settings choose WiFi, menu, advanced) instead of always. Another item in that submenu (there are a ton of WiFi options on this phone) is automatically switching from mobile network to WiFi. You can try it on or off to see which works best for you.

These merely delay the inevitable...devs and the manufacturer can provide tools to assist with battery drain while your screen is off, but they can do little to help with power draw while your phone is awake, since how you use it drives much of the depletion rate.

That extra capacity battery is pretty awesome, but how much extra time you get from it depends a lot on how you use your phone.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mansevolver

Mansevolver

Aug 24, 2012
Portland, OR.
Yeah, I will have both running concurrently or manually switch, but deep sleep app is one that'll provide the means for those two bars to halt and then come back on when your phone screen is off long enough. The bars for WiFi and network would have breaks in them if no items pushed through (messages, phone calls, &c).

Also, check to see if WiFi scanning during sleep mode is set to either never or only when plugged in (from settings choose WiFi, menu, advanced) instead of always. Another item in that submenu (there are a ton of WiFi options on this phone) is automatically switching from mobile network to WiFi. You can try it on or off to see which works best for you.

These merely delay the inevitable...devs and the manufacturer can provide tools to assist with battery drain while your screen is off, but they can do little to help with power draw while your phone is awake, since how you use it drives much of the depletion rate.

That extra capacity battery is pretty awesome, but how much extra time you get from it depends a lot on how you use your phone.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for confirming my results. Yeah I have WiFi scanning off. I get a solid 5 hours screen on time with stock cell.

I get 10.1 on extended cell.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for confirming my results. Yeah I have WiFi scanning off. I get a solid 5 hours screen on time with stock cell.

I get 10.1 on extended cell.