cast Flashing White, won't connect to Siemens SE572

Search This thread

PoshCat1

May 2, 2011
Hi,

I've just bought a Chromecast this week and plugged it into my amp via the HDMI.

I got the correct screen on my TV, but I couldn't connect using the app, or manually. It said 'No Chromecasts found on ***'

It is plugged into the mains, not USB.

We have an Orange Siemens SE572 router. It is not on the list of supported routers. I've played with the settings a little bit, but no joy.

I've also taken the Chromecast away from the TV and just plugged it into the mains to see if the flashing white light becomes solid as I assume that I won't be able to connect until it becomes solid?

Any suggestions please?

Cheers

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Hi,

I've just bought a Chromecast this week and plugged it into my amp via the HDMI.

I got the correct screen on my TV, but I couldn't connect using the app, or manually. It said 'No Chromecasts found on ***'

It is plugged into the mains, not USB.

We have an Orange Siemens SE572 router. It is not on the list of supported routers. I've played with the settings a little bit, but no joy.

I've also taken the Chromecast away from the TV and just plugged it into the mains to see if the flashing white light becomes solid as I assume that I won't be able to connect until it becomes solid?
Flashing white light and either "Set me up" or "Reconnect me" on the TV means Chromecast is either not configured to connect to a wireless AP yet, or it cannot connect to the configured wireless AP.

In this mode, Chromecast becomes its own open wireless AP (with no access to anything else, obviously) broadcasting as Chromecast####. The device running the Chromecast app or accessing the manual setup then connects to the Chromecast#### network to configure Chromecast, providing the wireless AP SSID and credentials that it will eventually connect to.

Since you're getting "No Chromecasts found" it shouldn't have anything to do with your router, as the blinking white light means Chromecast isn't connected to your router anyway.

What device are you running the Chromecast app on? It automatically scans for nearby wireless networks named Chromecast#### but in some cases you may need to manually connect to the Chromecast#### network beforehand.

PoshCat1

May 2, 2011
Flashing white light and either "Set me up" or "Reconnect me" on the TV means Chromecast is either not configured to connect to a wireless AP yet, or it cannot connect to the configured wireless AP.

In this mode, Chromecast becomes its own open wireless AP (with no access to anything else, obviously) broadcasting as Chromecast####. The device running the Chromecast app or accessing the manual setup then connects to the Chromecast#### network to configure Chromecast, providing the wireless AP SSID and credentials that it will eventually connect to.

Since you're getting "No Chromecasts found" it shouldn't have anything to do with your router, as the blinking white light means Chromecast isn't connected to your router anyway.

What device are you running the Chromecast app on? It automatically scans for nearby wireless networks named Chromecast#### but in some cases you may need to manually connect to the Chromecast#### network beforehand.

Cheers, found this reply in my spam.

I'm going to exchange it, hopefully that will sort it, but I've tried with an app on my tablet and phone as well as my Chrome browser.

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Cheers, found this reply in my spam.

I'm going to exchange it, hopefully that will sort it, but I've tried with an app on my tablet and phone as well as my Chrome browser.
Stranger things have happened. Check back in when you get the replacement. :)