HTC inspire gingerbread update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mrluggs

Aug 3, 2011
Just wondering, have any of you received the update over WiFi yet ?
I called HTC and they said it has already been released, but they can't release it to all phones at once (server issues). I haven't, but I'd lov

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
It got released yesterday the 4th. It is being sent out 10,000 at a time.

And yes the leaked version is the final OTA release.

jmichael15

Dec 5, 2008
It got released yesterday the 4th. It is being sent out 10,000 at a time.

And yes the leaked version is the final OTA release.

This is correct.

They released it yesterday, but I had already installed the one that was "leaked". So today I compared the official release and the leaked one, and they are in fact the exact same thing. No need to wait to recieve it OTA, just go to the thread where the RUU is avaliable for download. It's all the same thing.

00ChevyScott

Aug 3, 2011
This is correct.

They released it yesterday, but I had already installed the one that was "leaked". So today I compared the official release and the leaked one, and they are in fact the exact same thing. No need to wait to recieve it OTA, just go to the thread where the RUU is avaliable for download. It's all the same thing.

Including the GPS issues, and the removal of the HTC wifi update option?

mrluggs

Aug 3, 2011
Does ruu involve rooting? And does the update cone with sense 3.0 .

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

jmichael15

Dec 5, 2008
Including the GPS issues, and the removal of the HTC wifi update option?

No GPS issues here. Yes there's no more HTC wifi update option there.

After GB install. GPS doesn't work.

Sorry to hear, my GPS is working even better then before. If I'm outside I get a near instant lock on. Try reinstalling..?

Ive been running the RUU update for a couple days now...no issues...runs great.

Same here, it works perfect for me. No issues at all.. love my phone even more because of it. ;)

caddyman1989

Aug 18, 2010
Huntsville, AL
The leaked was released but no official gingerbread. The only official update released yesterday was for HTC Sync. They may not have put the info about the gingerbread update on there site yet. That's what HTC told me when I called.

lothodon

May 29, 2011
Wausau, WI
from the official htc support page...

Processor Qualcomm® QSD8255, 1GHz Snapdragon
Operating System Shipped: AndroidTM 2.2 (Froyo)
Current: AndroidTM 2.3.3 (Gingerbread)
ROM version: 2.47.502.7
Internal Memory 768MB/RAM 4GB/ROM

Notice the Current ROM version.

a link for those that doubt, http://www.htc.com/us/support/inspire-att/tech-specs/

also...

Starting August 4th 2011, HTC will be rolling out a system update for the HTC Inspire 4G.

This update will only be available for AT&T HTC Inspire 4G Customers and will be sent to the device over the air. Once the release is ready, HTC Inspire 4G users will receive a notification on their device advising them of this update and provide instructions to receive and install it. Users can proactively check for this update by going to Home>Menu>Settings> AT&T Software Update > HTC Wi-Fi software update > Check now. The system update can also be downloaded below and manually applied to the device. less
This system update includes:
Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread
New HTC Sense™ features
Updated Application Tray features
Updated FriendStream™ features
Added Quick Settings in the Notifications window
Improved Power Management function
Improved media experience
Various minor bug fixes

Manual system update instructions:
NOTE: Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. Information saved on the microSD card will not be affected.

from http://forums.att.com/t5/HTC/Inspire-GB-update-when/td-p/2821307

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.