[MOD][ICS][WIP]T-Mobile US Wifi Calling ...Now with AOSP

Search This thread

KAsp3rd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
With T-Mobile Finally releasing their ICS update I'm going to try to see if I can get this working on AOSP.

bigmeow Has already updated the RILs in his patch.

I'm going to update my patches and hopefully get some more look into AOSP

(Removing the current patches until I get them updated)

Still having crashes during mid-call. I'm looking into the problem!

I've finally discovered why the wi-fi calling wasn't working on ICS roms and I've seemed to have fixed it. (Verified on HyperNonSensev2.0, OnceICSv1.0.7a and ARHD6.0.1/6.0.2)

It seems that mike1986 and I had the same idea except I apparently was a couple days behind on mine... No infringement on his patch was taken on this. Patches between mike1986 and I are mostly identical

Amazingly easy to enable too...

Changelog: Added AOSP support

V1.0.2 (special thanks to OhioDroid80 for being a lab rat for me.)

Fixed errors in updater-script causing nothing to be copied over
Fixed error in script.sh cause build.prop to not be edited properly
Added missing ril.so from v1 that was forgotten in v1.0.1
Instructions are still the same as V1.0.1

V1.0.1

Added script.sh so you don't have to manually edit your build.prop (Thanks Mike1986 for the knowledge on that)

Step 1. Flash wificall_patchV1.0.1.zip
Step 2. Reboot
Step 3. Enable wifi-calling

V1.0.0
Step 1. Add ro.ril.enable.ganlite=1 to your build.prop
Step 2. Flash Wificall_patchv1.zip
Step 4. Reboot
Step 3. Enable and Enjoy wi-fi calling on ICS

Don't forget to hit the thanks button if this works for you!

Last edited:

KAsp3rd

Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
Anything for the good of the community

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4g using xda premium

epsix

Aug 29, 2010
Thank you, for sharing to the community.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

KAsp3rd

Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
Little bit too late, it was in my thread few days ago ;) Also my patch is adding necessary build.prop automatically.

http://xda2.androidrevolution.nl/db...TC Sensation/T-Mobile_Wi-Fi_Calling_v.0.2.zip

Mike, I tried yours and I lost all signal with my SIM. Seems like the libril.so that is included in yours caused the issue. I didn't include a build.prop nor a libril.so in mine as to make the mod available to all those that want to use the T-Mobile WiFi calling not specific for each Rom. I saw yours before I made mine and the signal lose is what made me remake it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

Last edited:

KAsp3rd

Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
Mike, I tried yours and I lost all signal with my SIM. Seems like the libril.so that is included in yours caused the issue. I didn't include a build.prop nor a libril.so in mine as to make the mod available to all those that want to use the T-Mobile WiFi calling not specific for each Rom. I saw yours before I made mine and the signal lose is what made me remake it.

Sorry I was wrong... I was referring to xboarders I didn't even see yours posted. Sorry if I did something wrong...

I was just comparing our 2 versions and I've learned from you how to fix the build.prop without manually changing it. I would like to update my patch but I don't want to infringe on what you have already done... I will update mine and leave it here. The only other difference I saw in our two was that I include libreference-ril.so...

Last edited:

kingskidd268

May 21, 2009
Brooklyn NY
Motorola Edge+ (2022)
I've finally discovered why the wi-fi calling wasn't working on ICS roms and I've seemed to have fixed it.

Step 4. Reboot

I tried it and its reboot city.

OhioDroid80

Dec 10, 2011
Fairfield Township
You shouldn't come across any problems. I am still have wifi calling crashing after ending my calls however I'm looking into that. Remember to nandroid backup just in case

Even with HNS 2.3.5 I would have wifi calling crash during the first call made once I connected, but after that it was fine until I dropped off wifi and connected back again.

I just did a nandroid and I'm loading the new rom now. Do you think I will have a problem with the new ICS kernal that is out for ICS with your patch?

KAsp3rd

Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
Even with HNS 2.3.5 I would have wifi calling crash during the first call made once I connected, but after that it was fine until I dropped off wifi and connected back again.

I just did a nandroid and I'm loading the new rom now. Do you think I will have a problem with the new ICS kernal that is out for ICS with your patch?

I'm actually using this on ARHD 6.0.1 myself so it is fully compatible with stock ICS kernels (based on 4.0.1 I'll be testing 4.0.3 in just a few)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With T-Mobile Finally releasing their ICS update I'm going to try to see if I can get this working on AOSP.

bigmeow Has already updated the RILs in his patch.

I'm going to update my patches and hopefully get some more look into AOSP

(Removing the current patches until I get them updated)

Still having crashes during mid-call. I'm looking into the problem!

I've finally discovered why the wi-fi calling wasn't working on ICS roms and I've seemed to have fixed it. (Verified on HyperNonSensev2.0, OnceICSv1.0.7a and ARHD6.0.1/6.0.2)

It seems that mike1986 and I had the same idea except I apparently was a couple days behind on mine... No infringement on his patch was taken on this. Patches between mike1986 and I are mostly identical

Changelog: Added AOSP support

V1.0.2 (special thanks to OhioDroid80 for being a lab rat for me.)

Fixed errors in updater-script causing nothing to be copied over
    Fixed error in script.sh cause build.prop to not be edited properly
    Added missing ril.so from v1 that was forgotten in v1.0.1
    Instructions are still the same as V1.0.1

V1.0.1

Added script.sh so you don't have to manually edit your build.prop (Thanks Mike1986 for the knowledge on that)

Step 1. Flash wificall_patchV1.0.1.zip
    Step 2. Reboot
    Step 3. Enable wifi-calling

V1.0.0
    Step 4. Reboot

Little bit too late, it was in my thread few days ago ;) Also my patch is adding necessary build.prop automatically.

http://xda2.androidrevolution.nl/db...TC Sensation/T-Mobile_Wi-Fi_Calling_v.0.2.zip
    I'm still working this issue but as I've stated in prior posts. I believe this is something we will have to wait for T-Mobile to push as far as the app goes.

In reference to the Reading SIM Card status. I believe that has to do with a couple of RILs that are required for Wi-Fi calling to work. I'm trying to get with Whitehawkx and Faux123 to see if they can get some direction on this as it has to do with the Kernel and the ROM.

I've not given up on it, just running out of configuration options to try. Never the less I'm still trying

Been really busy at work today. I've been looking over tons of logcats as well but I can't seem to see where the problem is actually coming from... I can run tons of calls with logcat running and it will only crash once or twice... I'm not giving up on it though.