No system, only TWRP with S-on. Major clusterduck!!

Search This thread

willi1972

Mar 9, 2009
Hi all

through a series of stupid actions, I am now in a position where I have TWRP, no working image and S-on. This all stemmed from an attempt to upgrade to CM10.2. Anyway, a lot of reading has led me to the conclusion that I need to go back to a standard RUU in order to set S-off. The problem is my fastboot is 2.15 and I cannot seem to find an RUU anywhere.

The fastboot screen details are as follows:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
*** Security Warning ***
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.15.50.05.29
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0015
cMMC boot
Dec 14 2012.17:10:57:-1

If anyone can point me in the right direction for a RUU or a possible way to get S-off through fastboot, I would be eternally grateful. I have already spent around 15 hours trying to sort this out. Needless to say, I have learnt some lessons about reading instructions and making backups.

Regards
Richard

D

Deleted member 4736186

Did you flash boot.img in fastboot? If you didn't, you should try it first before you attempt to do S-OFF. To get S-OFF, I would use Rumrunner.

ka_55

Dec 11, 2013
Ankara
Hi all

through a series of stupid actions, I am now in a position where I have TWRP, no working image and S-on. This all stemmed from an attempt to upgrade to CM10.2. Anyway, a lot of reading has led me to the conclusion that I need to go back to a standard RUU in order to set S-off. The problem is my fastboot is 2.15 and I cannot seem to find an RUU anywhere.

The fastboot screen details are as follows:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
*** Security Warning ***
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.15.50.05.29
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0015
cMMC boot
Dec 14 2012.17:10:57:-1

If anyone can point me in the right direction for a RUU or a possible way to get S-off through fastboot, I would be eternally grateful. I have already spent around 15 hours trying to sort this out. Needless to say, I have learnt some lessons about reading instructions and making backups.

Regards
Richard

I don't know why you want to s-off but i think you don't have to. If you have twrp you can mount your sd via twrp to a computer, copy any rom you want to the sd, flash boot.img with fastboot from the rom zip and flash rom via twrp. But you should first unlock your bootloader

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

willi1972

Mar 9, 2009
I don't know why you want to s-off but i think you don't have to. If you have twrp you can mount your sd via twrp to a computer, copy any rom you want to the sd, flash boot.img with fastboot from the rom zip and flash rom via twrp. But you should first unlock your bootloader

Thanks both for the replies. I have transferring a boot.img using fastboot, but this just gets me into a never ending boot screen. The boot.img I tried were cm 10.1.2 and then a 10.1.3. I had read that this will not work with S-on, but I am far from an expert. I have tried rumrunner, but this needs adb to work, and from what I gather adb only works when the phone itself is also booted into an OS.

I had tried to get adb working, but I never get any response from adb devices as the phone never gets past the bootloader.

I realise that I don't need S-off to flash a stock ROM, but my problem is that can't find a stock ROM for a 2,15 Hboot. My goal is to install CM 10.2.

Regards
Richard

ka_55

Dec 11, 2013
Ankara
You can not install any boot.img with locked bootloader, you can just ruu back.

If you want to install cm 10.2 unlock your boot loader, download cm10.2, flash boot.img from the downloaded zip and flash cm from recovery. Otherwise you can just ruu back

willi1972

Mar 9, 2009
You can not install any boot.img with locked bootloader, you can just ruu back.

If you want to install cm 10.2 unlock your boot loader, download cm10.2, flash boot.img from the downloaded zip and flash cm from recovery. Otherwise you can just ruu back

Hi,

I had tried this, but got into an endless fuzzy blue screen loop. This was because of S-on I believe. I had relocked the bootloader in preparation for an RUU.

I had figured that my best way out of this mess would be to flash a stock ROM, turn S-off and then flash cm

Regards
Richard

ka_55

Dec 11, 2013
Ankara
Hi,

I had tried this, but got into an endless fuzzy blue screen loop. This was because of S-on I believe. I had relocked the bootloader in preparation for an RUU.

I had figured that my best way out of this mess would be to flash a stock ROM, turn S-off and then flash cm

Regards
Richard

So have a good luck!