[Q] Recovery KitKat for rom i9100

Search This thread

Sakura

Dec 25, 2013
Ariège
Hello
I am newbies can you help me for see better. I see Recovery compatibility KitKat for Rom 4.4 but not always.
We must install recovery compatibility KitKat always Rom up 4.4 or if you not specified is not necessary ?
Sorry but I dont speak very well english.
Thank you

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
Hello
I am newbies can you help me for see better. I see Recovery compatibility KitKat for Rom 4.4 but not always.
We must install recovery compatibility KitKat always Rom up 4.4 or if you not specified is not necessary ?
Sorry but I dont speak very well english.
Thank you
1- If you are asking about "how to install a 4.4 custom ROM for your i9100, you need CWM 6.0.4.6 or 6.0.4.7, and the recovery can do the rest for you in terms of flashing and all.
2- If you are looking for a KitKat Compatible recovery, I would rather advise you doing some searching or simply googling "CWM-6.0.4.7-I9100.zip" and downloading it to your SD card in order to flash it.
However, the only way to install the new Kitkat based firmwares for the i9100 imply you to use the latest CWM (or TWRP latest) in order to have support for metadata, and if I didn't answer your question, simply be more specific (your current ROM, OS version, Kernel... etc)

Sakura

Dec 25, 2013
Ariège
1- If you are asking about "how to install a 4.4 custom ROM for your i9100, you need CWM 6.0.4.6 or 6.0.4.7, and the recovery can do the rest for you in terms of flashing and all.
2- If you are looking for a KitKat Compatible recovery, I would rather advise you doing some searching or simply googling "CWM-6.0.4.7-I9100.zip" and downloading it to your SD card in order to flash it.
However, the only way to install the new Kitkat based firmwares for the i9100 imply you to use the latest CWM (or TWRP latest) in order to have support for metadata, and if I didn't answer your question, simply be more specific (your current ROM, OS version, Kernel... etc)

I have understand and I try again with the lastest CWM or TWRP. I had forgotten to install the latest recovery.
Tank you for your answer :)

Last edited:

Vivek_Neel

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
where is this cab located? the ver built into wm6 rom is newer then the retail or so it appears by the build.. so ur saying if we re-install the one built into the rom it will work? if so where is the cab stored.

also.. does neone notice when calls come in thru BT while ur on a call it beeps like 6 times b4 it lets u anwser the call.. i find this rather annoying..its almost like it beeps in echos lol

http://d-h.st/gTF

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Sakura

Top Liked Posts